Wednesday, December 9, 2015

1ST 'HOUDINI & DOYLE' TV SERIES PHOTOS WITH STEPHEN MANGAN, MICHAEL WESTON! 'RED MARS' CLASSIC SF SAGA ORDERED INTO SF TV SERIES! ABIGAIL BRESLIN IS BABY IN 'DIRTY DANCING' TV REMAKE

 ABIGAL BRESLIN IS BABY
IN TV'S 'DIRTY DANCING'  REMAKE
In TV news, ABC has found their Baby for the brand new small screen remake of famous dance movie DIRTY DANCING which they will produce in the form of a three hour mini series. Abigail Breslin will take on Jennifer Grey's original role! As 'Deadline' reports, like the original, the new DIRTY DANCING centres on Baby, an innocent young woman in the early 1960’s who vacations with her affluent parents and siblings in the Catskill Mountains and falls for the resort’s working-class dance instructor.


 'RED MARS' SF SAGA
ORDERED INTO TV SERIES  
Meanwhile, 'Deadline' also reports that Spike TV has officially ordered the ten episode sf series based on cult sf novels RED MARS by Kim Stanley Robinson that will air in January 2017 describing the colonization and terra forming of Mars into a place where humans can live sustainably! With rigorous attention to scientific detail, based on at-the-time current science and speculative science, the three novels had the large cast of widely different and richly detailed characters followed over the course of decades and centuries, as well as the somewhat utopian social and political ideals the novels explore.

 'HOUDINI & DOYLE'
FIRST PHOTOS FROM ITV'S PERIOD SET TV SERIES
Over at the British Isles, ITV has revealed the first look from their new historical series HOUDINI & DOYLE, revealing Stephen Mangan as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Michael Weston as Harry Houdini. Set at the turn of the 20th century, the ten part TV drama will explore the duo's friendship and how they, the creator of Sherlock Holmes and one of world's most famous illusionists,  worked with New Scotland Yard on unsolved crimes. The series will air sometime next year inspired by their real life friendship!

38 comments:

  1. The Houdini and Doyle series sounds like it will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. could be fun, ITV has a lot of going on next year!

      Delete
  2. Abigail Breslin sure has grown up since her movie debut in "Little Miss Sunshine," one of my fave movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. extremely, especially when you see her showing her big boobies at the red carpet and in photo shoots.... makes you feel like a weirdo... like wasn't she just a little baby a few years ago?

      Delete
  3. I hope Red Mars makes it to 10 episodes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will since the full order has been made already, Fran, Spike will make it their first official show in many years.

      Delete
  4. Quite fancy Houdini and Red Mars could be good.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope we get Houdini trailer some time soon, although I wouldn't bet on it since it is ITV

      Delete
  5. Houdini and Doyle series definitely sounds interesting. I'm looking for the next series I can binge on. Wading through Jessica Jones at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. January 2017? It's crazy when you think about how long it actually takes to make a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Houdini and Red Mars look great.
    I can't imagine anyone else doing Dirty Dancing other than Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not recognize Breslin. I keep seeing her as a kid in my mind and I'm surprised by how she's grown. As for the remake, I don't see a reason why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so many child actors have grown into gorgeous people ... remember that little kid from Jerry Maguire... you should google his current pics :)

      Delete
  9. A TV remake of Dirty Dancing? Why do I get a bad feeling about this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'tis just a three hour affair, shouldn't hurt too much :)

      Delete
  10. I actually read this in the daytime then forgot to comment. Oops. Anyhoo I am intrigued by Abigail's new Dirty Dancing role but more so who will be taking up the mantle of the dance instructor. Someone better be able to create his own role in the one Patrick Swayze still owns years after his death. Red Mars had piqued my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should be fun seeing if Abigail can actually dance :)

      Delete
  11. Woah, Abigail sure has grown up! I don't know how I feel about doing another Dirty Dancing. You just can't beat the original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have you and Jason ever tried the Dirty Dancing lifting move? :)

      Delete
    2. He can't lift my fat ass over his head. He'd drop and kill me, I'm sure lol.

      Delete
    3. not if you squish him first :)

      Delete
  12. And yet another Dirty Dancing remake... As a fan of the original — I saw it in the theater, was a Swayze groupie (until Ghost ruined him) — I have to say I'm not looking forward to this one. Especially not with ABC at the helm... Eeeeeek!
    Guilie @ Quiet Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whaaat, what's wrong with ABC? :) Most things I watch come either from ABC or CW :) or SyFy

      Delete
    2. Ah. No, I'm not a fan of mainstream American TV (double EEEEEK on SyFy :D ). Okay, except for Grey's Anatomy, hahaha. Aside from that guilty pleasure, I'm more an HBO or MAX type... The Wire, The Knick, True Detective, Game of Thrones, Leftovers... Not Entourage or True Blood, though.

      Delete
    3. Oh, and Showtime. Showtime rocks ;)

      Delete
    4. I stopped following Showtime after they finished THE TUDORS and BORGIAS didn't really excite me. HBO is entirely too violent for me, I think they promote dark side of life and dark passions.

      Delete
  13. Is it me, or does "Baby' look less influential, but more on the cheap side?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It makes me want to watch the original Dirty Dancing all over again. I just love Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze in it. I wonder whether the new guy can dance as sexily and well. Looking forward to see Abigail dance too.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.