Tuesday, September 15, 2015

JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS TO VISIT 'SHAMBHALA'! SHIRLEY MACLAINE, AMANDA SEYFRIED TO HAVE 'THE LAST WORD'! 'BIG STONE GAP' TRAILER WITH ASHLEY JUDD, PATRICK WILSON, WHOOPI GOLDBERG!

JONATHAN RHYS MEYERS 
TO CRASH IN 'SHAMBHALA'
Casting news to start the week, people, beginning with our dear Jonathan Rhys Meyers who always chooses deeply spiritual roles and this new one isn't different: according to 'Deadline' he will lead the cast in SHAMBHALA in which the story follows the sole survivor of a plane crash in the mountains of Pakistan who must deal with that trauma against the backdrop of an alien culture and language. The story will be told non chronologically, emphasizing themes of enlightenment and redemption. Australian/ Indian actress Pallavi Sharda and HOMELAND's Akshay Kumar will also star! You will next watch Meyers in Roland Emmerich's STONEWALL!

'THE LAST WORD' DRAMA
STARRING SHIRLEY MACLAINE AND AMANDA SEYFRIED
Meanwhile, Mark Pellington will helm comedy drama THE LAST WORD starring Shirley MacLaine and Amanda Seyfried. The story will follow a retired businesswoman named Harriett (Shirley MacLaine) who wants to control everything around her until the bitter end and decides to write her own obituary to make sure her life is told the way she wants it to be. But when Anne (Amanda Seyfried), a young writer at the local newspaper, is assigned to the task, she refuses to follow the script and instead insists on finding out the true facts about Harriett’s life. The pair then set out to uncover the ups and downs of Harriett’s life, initially as reluctant partners, and what begins as an attempt to shape her own legacy turns out to be a reawakening of passions for Harriett — and a life altering friendship for Anne.

STAR STUDDED 'BIG STONE GAP'
ASHLEY JUDD, PATRICK WILSON, WHOOPI GOLDBERG, JENNA ELFMAN, JANE KRAKOWSKI
A lovely and exquisitely star studded trailer has been released for BIG STONE GAP drama which is out October 9th! Big Stone Gap is home to some of the most charming eccentrics in the state. Ave Maria Mulligan (Ashley Judd) is the town's self proclaimed spinster, a thirty-five year old pharmacist with a "mountain girl's body and a flat behind." She lives an amiable life with good friends and lots of hobbies until the fateful day in 1978 when she suddenly discovers that she's not who she always thought she was. Before she can blink, Ave's fielding marriage proposals, fighting off greedy family members, organizing a celebration for visiting celebrities, and planning the trip of a lifetime, a trip that could change her view of the world and her own place in it forever. Jane Krakowski, Patrick Wilson, Whoopi Goldberg, Jenna Elfman, Anthony LaPaglia all star!

30 comments:

  1. BIG STONE GAP looks like it will be a fun movie to watch. Always enjoy watching Ashley Judd and Whoopi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. Can't wait to see Big Stone Gap!!!!!!!
    Have a great day, Dez dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'SHAMBHALA' sounds like my cup o' tea, darlink. Thank you, Dezz :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love it when Jonathan goes exotic, he was so amazing in the CHILDREN OF HUANG SHI

      Delete
  4. Oh Wow, I just love Ashley Judd so I need to see Big Stone Gap for sure. The Last Word sounds like a hoot too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of The Last Word. While it has elements that sound a little reminiscent of Letters to Juliet, it seems to go a different path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LETTERS TO JULIET was cute too... not perfect, but a nice movie

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I think I have the whole photo shoot in my vaults

      Delete
  7. I have been looking forward to Big Stone Gap! Can't wait to see that one!

    Jonathan Rhys Meyers- I always think he looks a lot like my brother. Well, before my brother got all drugged out. Then again, Jonathan does have an alcohol addiction of some sort, no? So, maybe he does look exactly like my brother before the makeup artists touch him up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? Then your brother has more in common with Jonathan than you know :( Hope they both find they way out of their problems.
      I've always loved about him how he stars mostly in international productions not in Hollywood. This one is also Asian/European

      Delete
    2. Sadly, I don't hold out hope for any of my siblings to get clean. How my mama could have 4 of us and I'm the only one who never took to drugs is just beyond me.
      I also like the roles he chooses, though what was that horrid one he was in last year. Was is Dracula or something like that. I think I gave it 2 episodes and deleted it. Other than that, I've loved everything else he's done.

      Delete
    3. Don't tell me moma took drugs too??? :(((
      I also often ask myself how come I came from the family I came.... I spent half of my childhood thinking me was adopted :)
      Yes, DRACULA was mildly boring... but I watched all ten episodes because of my dear Oliver Jackson Cohen... he often retweets us :)

      Delete
    4. Nope, mama never did them. That's why I am baffled at how all my siblings turned out. Then again, she did work 2 jobs to support us and wasn't home often, so I guess lack of parenting could have played a big role in that.

      Delete
    5. yes, that always does the evil deed

      Delete
  8. "Big Stone Gap" looks like a lot of fun. But my gawd . . . Whoopi's hair!!! Why did people ever think those big afros looked good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they probably come like that every time they come out of the shower :)

      Delete
  9. I have to start writing all of these shows down so that I remember how much I want to see them. I am especially looking forward to seeing Jonathan's movie. He is an amazing actor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shows here today, dear :) just movies :) But I do write down air times of shows into my desk calender to know when to download what :)

      Delete
  10. JRM....drop dead gorgeous..I really like his eyes :).. I will definitely watch that Shambala :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure who he is...but he's GORGEOUS. Omg, look at those eyes. As I scroll down, I think he would look amazing with Amanda Seyfried. Just saying ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whatcha mean you don't know who he is? He's been famous for decades... King Henry from TUDORS?

      Delete
  12. I first noticed Amanda S.in Big Love. She looks different now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she became older and also more stuck up too :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.