Saturday, January 10, 2015

TOM BATEMAN, RICHARD E. GRANT LEAD 'JEKYLL & HYDE' EPIC TV DRAMA! BIZARRE 'VOICES' TRAILER WITH RYAN REYNOLDS! MATT BOMER IN 'MONTGOMERY CLIFT' HBO BIOPIC

'JEKYLL & HYDE' TV SERIES
TOM BATEMAN AND RICHARD E. GRANT LEADING THE CAST
A few months ago I've told you that British ITV is planning a new JEKYLL AND HYDE TV series and now the cast has been officially announced: the ten episode adventure drama will star Tom Bateman (Da Vinci's Demons), Richard E. Grant and Natalie Gumede. In the series set in 1930s London and focusing on the grandson of the doctor featured in the classic story, Bateman will portray the role of Robert Jekyll, Grant will play Sir Roger Bulstrode who heads the secret government department M10, and Gumede will star as Bella who is in a love triangle with them. Dr Jekyll is a young, sensitive and naïve man of intellect and morality, well meaning and somewhat repressed. He transforms into Hyde in moments of extreme anger, stress and when his or the lives of others are threatened. And Hyde is a totally different person: a superhero with super powers, great strength, speed and invulnerability. He is confident, and risk-taking.

MATT BOMER TO LEAD
'MONTY CLIFT' HBO TV BIOPIC
In other television news, 'Deadline' reports that Matt Bomer will headline HBO's new biopic on MONTGOMERY CLIFT reteaming with the channel after receiving Emmy and Globe nomination for the role in THE NORMAL HEART. At his prime, Clift rivalled Marlon Brando and James Dean as Hollywood’s biggest male stars! Clift also was the first Hollywood actor to refuse to sign a studio contract, choosing independence instead. His matinee idol good looks were destroyed by a devastating car accident that left him with a broken nose and partially paralysed face. Though he continued to make movies, the accident haunted him until his death, even though he received an Oscar nomination, his fourth, for one of his last performances in 'Judgment At Nuremberg'. He also struggled with his sexual orientation and resorted to alcohol and drug addition following the accident.

'THE VOICES' BIZARRE TRAILER
 RYAN REYNOLDS AND HIS MURDEROUS PETS
Your trailer for today is the first one for Ryan Reynolds' bizarre movie THE VOICES which is out next month with Ryan playing Jerry, a seemingly normal man trying to succeed in his new job at the Milton Bathtub Factory. He lives in a normal apartment with his dog, Bosco, and his cat, Mr. Whiskers. Yet something seems off. As the new guy at work, Jerry is asked to help plan the company picnic, and he meets Fiona, an attractive English girl from accounting. Jerry immediately takes a liking to Fiona and excitedly goes home to tell his pets about her. And surprisingly, they answer. But all this is just the beginning of an insanely bizarre and twisted tale.

29 comments:

  1. I like the voices very funny !
    Cheers .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! I'm thinking… "voices" hmmm… then I read the bit you've got here and I'm sooooo going to see this film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and didn't even put the juicy stuff in that story about the film :)

      Delete
    2. Holding out on me, are you now?! Don't make you come all the way over there and build a hedge around you. :) :)

      Delete
  3. First of all, I wonder who's going to play Monty Clift's best friend, Liz Taylor? And second of all, "Voices" looks like my type of movie! I listened to my cat all the time. Just lucky for me she never counseled me to commit murder . . . .

    . . . . or DID she? *sinister maniacal laughter*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful morning I'm having here Dezzy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JEKYLL & HYDE - interesting.

    MONTGOMERY CLIFT - I liked him; never knew about the accident; would love to see this.

    THE VOICES - that is boo-boo scary.

    MR PROBZ - WAVES - nice song. I love the orchestration - drums, violins, horns!
    Great choice. Thank you, Dezz :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's also a dance version of Waves at YouTube, it is actually a much bigger hit, has tens of millions of views,but I prefer this slower one

      Delete
    2. Ironically, I heard this one about two weeks ago. I didn't realize there was a second version. I'll have a look today. Thanks.

      Delete
    3. There hasn't been much good music lately :( I'm currently listening to Arash and Aysel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmA82DlI-Pc because my today's mention of ALI AND NINO movie has reminded me of Azerbaijan :)

      Delete
    4. I think last week you played one of a set of three songs, Arash did with her. That was beautiful. Unfortunately I've forgotten a great deal of Farsi; a lovely language really.

      I don't know anything much about Azerbaijan today. (Thanks for this link!)

      Delete
    5. this isn't the same girl :) This is Aysel, and the other one from the trilogy was Helena :)
      Azerbaijan is quite rich these days, thanks to sources of oil, they kinda look like ex Russian Dubai in the middle of Caucasian mountains :)

      Delete
  6. Yeah, that Ryan Reynolds trailer is a little strange...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad Theresa introduced me to your blog. I have been writing down all these shows that I never knew existed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So glad you found Dezzy though me Karen! He does have the best stuff up here, doesn't he!?

      Delete
    2. we're an endless source of TV and movie supplies :)

      Delete
  8. Fun twist on the Jekyll/Hyde story, especially the super hero aspect.

    Boy, Ryan has some ... interesting film making choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, that Voices show sounded promising until I saw the trailer. Now I am not sure what to make of it. I usually like funny talking animals in movies, but this one seems a little out of my league!

    OMG! that Bomer guy is F-I-N-E! I never paid much attention to who he was, but judging by that pic, I can see why his fans were rallying for him to be the lead in 50 Shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same with me, I didn't expect the pets to make him murder someone... too bizarre for me.

      I like Bomer... he is so cute with his husband... they have two kids together as well... adorable couple

      Delete
  10. The Montgomery Clift programme looks interesting??

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me at Matt Bomer. :) It's a weird film - The Voices. Even weirder to see Ryan Reynolds in such a role so it must be interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.