Wednesday, January 7, 2015

MELISSA MCCARTHY'S 'MICHELLE DARNELL', CHANNING TATUM'S 'GAMBIT', MICHAEL FASSBENDER'S 'ASSASSIN'S CREED' SET FOR 2016! 1ST PHOTOS FROM AMAZON'S HISTORICAL PILOT 'POINT OF HONOR' & SF SERIES THE 'MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE'

  2016 RELEASE DATE GIVEN TO
MELISSA MCCARTHY'S 'MICHELLE DARNELL' CRIME COMEDY
I know brand new 2015 has just begun, but some of the upcoming movies have got 2016 release dates today, and among the films you will be watching next year are MICHELLE DARNELL with Melissa McCarthy and Channing Tatum's X MEN spinoff GAMBIT. Universal's comedy MICHELLE DARNELL has been given an April 2016 spot with Melissa McCarthy both writing and producing on top of playing a titan of industry who is sent to prison after she's caught for insider trading. When she emerges ready to rebrand herself as America's latest sweetheart, not everyone she screwed over is so quick to forgive and forget. The movie will be directed by her husband Ben Falcone who previously helmed her comedy TAMMY!

AND CHANNING TATUM'S GAMBIT 
 Meanwhile, 20th Century Fox has scheduled Channing Tatum's GAMBIT superhero flick for October 2016 coming to cinemas five months after X MEN APOCALYPSE and eight months after Ryan Reynolds' DEADPOOL! GAMBIT is a mutant who can mentally create, control and manipulate pure kinetic energy! The studio has also announced Michael Fassbender's ASSASSIN'S CREED for Christmas next year which is more than a year long delay!

  FIRST IMAGES FOR AMAZON'S
'POINT OF HONOR' EPIC SERIES
One of the new series that Amazon will launch through a pilot episode at January 15th at Amazon Prime is historical saga POINT OF HONOUR!  Written by Carlton Cuse (Lost) and directed by Randall Wallace (Braveheart), the hour long Civil War drama follows John Rhodes (Nathan Parsons) as he decides to defend the South while freeing slaves. The cast also features Christopher O'Shea, Annabelle Stephenson, Riley Voelkel, James Harvey Ward, Patrick Heusinger!
AND SF 'MAN IN HIGH CASTLE'
Sf series pilot THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE will also air the same date centring on an alternate history in which the Allied Powers lost World War II. Nearly 20 years later, the world is split between Japan and Germany. Alexa Davalos, Luke Kleintank, Rupert Evans lead the cast!

34 comments:

  1. Oh, I must check to see if "The Man in the High Castle" series will be shown on the Canadian equivalent of the SyFy channel -- I hope it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the pilot episode will air in US, UK and other Amazon Prime sites, and only if it gets picked up to series it might be sold to SyFy too :)

      Delete
  2. Gambit - I wonder if Martha Stewart will buy stock in this movie.(smile).

    The way things are going, won't we all be manipulating energy before long, if not unknowingly, already? (Just a thought.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean using more than 10% of our brains? I do admit of having emphatic powers and also certain psychic ones.

      Delete
  3. I heard of the postwwii theory, what a different world it would have been. Much worse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much different, we still have a huge Nazi power which bombs and enslaves other countries around the world at its will and imposes its rules everywhere controlling the world through media propaganda and lies.

      Delete
  4. More interesting choices. What's your pick, Dez?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will most probably check out POINT OF HONOR if it gets picked up for series and I might give HIGH CASTLE a go too

      Delete
  5. Hi. Dez......
    How is your derrière?
    Better?
    Cheers ,
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you mean my bruised bum, I still can't wiggle my coon's tail and probably won't any time soon :(

      Delete
    2. I'm half a coon, half a walrus.. remember?

      Delete
    3. I must have been absent that day....

      Delete
  6. Well, to Gambit or not? I mean, on one hand.. Channing Tatum. Yum. On the other.. another super hero flick. Yuck. Decisions, decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're really choking us up with all these stupid superhero flicks... I've recently watched GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY and beats me if I can see why people loved it so much... it's average even in its best moments and idiotic in most others

      Delete
    2. I skipped that one altogether. I'm sure at some point in my life Jason will have it on tv and I'll stop to watch. Hopefully not any time soon.

      Delete
    3. he probably will, since everybody seems to like it... it's not bad, but it simply isn't amazing either

      Delete
  7. I'm excited about GAMBIT. That character has also seemed so cool to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially like the sound of The Man in the High Castle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do that one good, but I have a feeling it won't be sf at all

      Delete
  9. About time Gambit got his own movie. He's my favorite of all the X-Men.

    Assassin's Creed? Yes please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope they do ASSASSIN'S CREED good, I'm sure Fassy will be amazing in it

      Delete
  10. Channing Tatum is perfectly cast for Gambit. I can see his humor that's on display in pretty much everything he acts in bubbling up in the character to make it a fully enjoyable series to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed on that casting choice! They've cast Ed Skrein from GOT today for a villain in it

      Delete
  11. Hmmm…. more choices - help! What's your pick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably POINT OF HONOR, sounds like NORTH AND SOUTH and we liked that one

      Delete
  12. Wow. Can't argue with Tatum as a superhero. I much prefer him in the role of a man with brains. I wonder how long before the superhero stories will burn out viewers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. soon hopefully, but since both Marvel and DC have scheduled movie plans till 2020, we're stuck with the superheroes in upcoming years too

      Delete
  13. Point of honor is my favorite of these three!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love period pieces so I will be watching and voting for Point of Honor. And, because Nathan Parsons is in it!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.