Tuesday, December 16, 2014

NEW 'BEOWULF' EPIC TV SERIES AT ITV! 'UNDATEABLE' 2ND SEASON, 'ONE BIG HAPPY' NBC SITCOMS TO AIR IN MARCH! EDDIE CIBRIAN JOINS 'BABY DADDY' SITCOM!

'BEOWULF' EPIC SERIES
BRITISH DARK AGE WESTERN
Bunch of TV news for you today starting with British ITV which are planning to turn famous epic BEOWULF into a western type epic TV series! The 13-part re-imagining of the Old English epic poem created by James Dormer, Tim Haines and Katie Newman, is set in the mythical Shieldlands, a dangerous place populated by both humans and fantastical creatures. A type of a Western set in the Dark Ages of Britain's mythic past, the story sees Beowulf return to his hometown of Herot following years spent wandering the country as a mercenary warrior. When Herot is attacked by the terrifying monster Grendel, Beowulf is left with no choice but to hunt it down, winning him favour with Herot's new female ruler. Shooting starts next April in UK!

TV SITCOMS UPDATES
EDDIE CIBRIAN IN 'BABY DADDY'
In the realm of our fave comedy series, BABY DADDY, which returns with the fourth season to ABC Family January 14th, will have Eddie Cibrian as the new guest star! He will play Ross, a charming, chivalrous, genuinely good guy who has just been transferred to a prestigious New York office, where he will be the new managing partner. Unfortunately, the night before his first day, he meets Riley (Chelsea Kane) at a bar — and things quickly turn romantic. What will happen once they learn that Ross is actually Riley’s new boss?
'UNDATEABLE' 2ND SEASON & 'ONE BIG HAPPY' TO AIR IN MARCH
NBC has announced their new sitcom block on Tuesdays starting from March which will see the return of beloved comedy UNDATEABLE in the second season on March 17th followed by new sitcom ONE BIG HAPPY! Starring Elisha Cuthbert and Nick Zano, ONE BIG HAPPY, produced by Ellen DeGeneres, centres on a lesbian and her straight male friend deciding to have a baby together. Warm and fun, UNDATEABLE follows a bunch of friends who, unlucky in love, hang  together in a bar owned by one of them. This truly lovely sitcom quickly won the love of the crowd when it aired its first season last spring starring Brent Morin, Chris D'Elia, Bianca Kajlich, David Fynn!

30 comments:

  1. Beowulf sounds interesting.
    I've not seen any UNDATEABLE but it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UNDATEABLE was my fave new sitcom last season! Extremely lovely, warm and optimistic, not rude or offensive, and the cast is cute as button!

      Delete
  2. Beowulf sounds not too bad. I hope we get to see it in Canada some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beowulf. Interesting idea that one. I remember struggling with the language in Lit at Uni. Certainly they will modernize the language along with the setting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. imagine my struggles with it, dahlink, at college too and I'm not even a native speaker :) We even had history of English language where we had to study runes.... not that we will ever need it :) Chaucer and Beowulf took half of my years....

      Delete
    2. That had to be utter hell for you guys. Thank God we didn't have to study runes. Jesus Christ, it would kill me. Only went as far back as Latin and I can only remember a handful of those words.

      Delete
    3. Latin was back in High School, for two whole years we had to learn all the Latin grammar and how to translate sentences from it. I still remember most of the conjugations and declinations after repeating them thousands of times :)

      Delete
    4. I flushed Latin from my brain. I remember some of the Spanish I learned and remember only enough French to get by on my French Blogger buddies. Couldn't speak it to save my life.

      Delete
    5. that goes for me and Russian, dear :) But I'm sure you speak Irish perfectly still!

      Delete
  4. The trailer was funny. Not sure I'll watch it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it has such a charming humour and the cast has amazing chemistry.

      Delete
  5. Don't know why I hear Beowulf and think: Rutger Hauer.
    UNDATEABLE is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to see Beowulf, just to see how closely it follows the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beowulf sounds good. Didn't Tolkien do a translation of Beowulf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he did, and SyFy channel also had a plan of BEOWULF series a few years ago

      Delete
  8. I remember reading Beowulf in high school

    just kidding we just watched a movie

    seriously

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, he was played by Gerard Butler, Christopher Lambert....

      Delete
  9. I'm sure that Beowulf will be shown in Canada, one way or another, even if it means Canadians have to watch American TV. I shall be watching it over here in England. Yes, the land of the world's favourite soap opera, Coronation Street.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought EASTENDERS were world's fave soap opera :)

      Delete
  10. I never thought I'd see Beowulf turned into a television series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SyFy was planning it also a few years ago I have a post somewhere about it

      Delete
  11. Hhmmm. We may have to catch up on UNDATEABLE. All the shows that I record have come to an end, so I'll have a little free space coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine too, REIGN, THE 100 have gone on holiday breaks so I will catch up on MARCO POLO, RED TENT now and BABY DADDY when it starts in January. UNDATEABLE doesn't have a lot of episodes in the first season so it won't be difficult for you to catch up

      Delete
  12. Undateable looks fun. I've never heard of it. Second season? I need to look more closely at my TV schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a delightful sitcom, I really loved it, covered all the episodes last summer in a couple of weekends.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.