Tuesday, October 21, 2014

SEAN BEAN TO TOPLINE 'THE FRANKENSTEIN CHRONICLES' TV SERIES! CLOTHES OF IN 'STRIP OR TREAT' 'BABY DADDY' HALLOWEEN SPECIAL! JAMES DENTON JOINS CATHERINE BELL IN 'GOOD WITCH' TV SHOW! ABC'S 'BOOKCLUB' SITCOM

SEAN BEAN TO TOPLINE
THE FRANKENSTEIN CHRONICLES' TELEVISION SERIES
Still a very slow period in movie news business, people, so we're sticking to the small screens, starting with an interesting info coming over from the United Kingdom, where their ITV Encore will produce a television series on infamous monster Frankenstein. Titled THE FRANKENSTEIN CHRONICLES, this modern reworking of Mary Shelley's 19th century horror story will see Sean Bean play John Marlott, a detective who must battle a creature born of dark science in six one hour episodes! Meanwhile, a number of Frankenstein movies is coming to the big screens, including the one in which James McAvoy is Dr. Frankenstein with Daniel Radcliffe as his hunchback butler Igor!

ABC ORDERS
'BOOKCLUB' TV COMEDY 
In sitcom news, ABC has bought BOOKCLUB comedy series from Eva Longoria and Universal! In the vein of 'Bridesmaids' and 'The Hangover', BOOKCLUB revolves around four female friends who escape the pressures and responsibilities of adult life by pretending to be in a book club.
JAMES DENTON IN 'THE GOOD WITCH'
Another series for my ladies, THE GOOD WITCH, which is in production over at Hallmark, has just cast James Denton! The ten episode show will see Catherine Bell playing the raven haired enchantress Cassie Nightingale. Denton will play Cassie Nightingale’s new nextdoor neighbour, a divorced doctor and single dad who stirs things up in Middleton when he discovers Cassie’s signature charm is more than just a magic touch.

'BABY DADDY'S HALLOWEEN
SPECIAL 'STRIP OR TREAT'
Don't forget to check out the delightful trailer for one of TV's most charming comedy series BABY DADDY's special Halloween episode which airs this Wednesday at ABC Family!  In "Strip or Treat" - Ben (Jean Luc Bilodeau), Danny (Derek Theler) and Tucker (Tahj Mowry) are looking forward to attending the biggest Halloween celebration in the city, despite the fact that Bonnie (Melissa Peterman) thinks they should take baby Emma trick-or-treating instead. When their plans fall through, they decide to crash the party Riley (Chelsea Kane) was talking about, not knowing it’s actually a bachelorette party. But when the guys are mistaken for the strippers, Ben makes a big mistake that results in them being carted off to jail. Meanwhile, Bonnie’s date with Javier goes horribly wrong and she lands in jail alongside Ben, Danny and Tucker. Will Riley be able to work her lawyer magic and bail her friends out of this mess, or will everyone get what they deserve?

40 comments:

  1. Daniel Radcliffe as Igor. That would be a sight to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a delight playing Igor! Him, and King Lear's court jester :)

      Delete
  2. Will Sean Bean survive? He has been known to disappear from movies and shows. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope Frankie doesn't eat him! Did he survive in LEGENDS?

      Delete
    2. I never saw Legends. I'll have to look it up.

      Delete
    3. twas the latest of his shows, it got cancelled recently :)

      Delete
    4. Shhh, don't tell me that :( I'm still watching season 1 here in the US and I really like it.

      Delete
    5. It just didn't satisfy the audience worldwide.

      Delete
  3. James Denton YAY! He's from Goodlettsville, Tennessee, which is pretty much where I'm from (Hendersonville, about 10 miles away). I just LOVED him in Desperate Housewives--although even he wasn't enough to keep me watching that show after the first season or two, when it devolved into soap opera blahness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, that show did go the wrong path after first two or three seasons when they pretty much turned into a crime show with new characters they didn't know what to do with .. but it was always well written when it comes to the four main characters

      Delete
  4. Okay from Harry to humped... and...
    Uh - today's picking are so nice, Dezmond dear. I was drooling over Sean, then lusting for James, when I suddenly realized: "This will be the best Halloween ever."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the McAvoy / Radcliffe "Frankenstein."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope we get some pics or a trailer this year

      Delete
    2. it sounds interesting, I'd like to see how that turns out

      Delete
    3. I don't care which way it goes -- I'd watch James McAvoy read the phone book!

      Delete
    4. same here, although, I must admit I don't like his movie choices lately, he's gone crime/violent in recent years

      Delete
  6. I like the sound of THE FRANKENSTEIN CHRONICLES. I prefer the mini series style, rather than a long series where they often run out of ideas but keep going anyway.

    Also, I'm loving your stylish pumpkin shirt. Not many can pull off orange, but I reckon you could master any colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mini series are the new craze in television world! They now call them event series.

      I really could :) although I prefer not to wear black (when I want dark I go midnight blue) and some colours I wear only in details

      Delete
    2. I don't mind the occasional black, but I usually jazz it up with bright colour.

      oops, my bad.... event series! I must remember that!

      Delete
    3. and then there's the mix between British 'drama' and American 'show' or 'series' (the word Brits use for 'season' not for 'show')

      Delete
    4. Ha, being Aussie, I'm used to a mix of Brit and American language.

      Delete
    5. I bet you have your own words too down there :) I wish Ryan Kwanten would teach me some of them :)

      Delete
  7. Just love Sean Bean. At least you provided some awesome eyecandy today Dezzy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Might be slow for movies, but I think all the tv shows sound good! I'd really like to catch that Frankenstein Chronicles! I haven't seen James Denton in anything since Desperate Housewives, so I am happy he's going to be in something that I will probably watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, TV programmes have become much better than most movies in recent years. I'm missing Marcia Cross from HOUSEWIVES! Most other cast members have found other work.

      Delete
  9. Sean Bean is amazing in everything - even when he's dead, he's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm...Sean Bean in Frankenstein? Sounds interesting. I wonder is he'll survive this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good Frankenstein flick, a series will be interesting. (or mini-series, right?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. limited series they call it :) They have so many new terms and words when it comes to TV, event series, limited series, single camera comedy, multicamera comedy, scripted, unscripted ... :)

      Delete
  12. Karma'a bitch Big Daddy...I mean Baby Daddy. But really in those outfits? Magic touch hmm...good luck Good Witch. So much Frankenstein...that's about it I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have that bear costume from BABY DADDY! I'd walk the house in winter in it

      Delete
  13. More man tits. Now try and do the same with woman tits in your next post. We're so brainwashed....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really were lots of man tits this week, but such were the news :) There were naked ladies too, but you don't notice those....

      Delete
    2. I don't? Show me one. Just one. (No elf.)

      Delete
    3. Margot Robbie and Gal Gadot had tits and bums showing :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.