Thursday, October 23, 2014

DISNEY LOSES 'JOHN CARTER' RIGHTS, SF SAGA TO CONTINUE AT NEW STUDIO! MAX BROWN, MICHELLE TRACHTENBERG JOIN 'SLEEPY HOLLOW'! ENID BLYTON'S 'MAGIC FARAWAY TREE' TO GET MOVIE ADAPTATION! 'HOBBIT BATTLE OF FIVE ARMIES' FINAL POSTER

'JOHN CARTER' TO CONTINUE
AS FANTASY MOVIE FRANCHISE WITHOUT DISNEY
Now, if you ask me, Disney's space opera movie JOHN CARTER was a solid film, visually stunning, with outstanding cast (Samantha Morton, Willem Dafoe, Thomas Haden Church, Mark Strong, CiarĂ¡n Hinds, Dominic West, James Purefoy), great lead stars (Taylor Kitsch, Lynn Collins), brilliant world building and sweeping story, but the lack of marketing lead to its fall at the US boxoffice, although it did well worldwide. The latest update is that Disney has just lost rights on Edgar Rice Burroughs' hero from Mars and now Edgar Rice Burrough's Inc., which controls numerous trademarks and the rights to all literary works of the author, is seeking a new studio in order to continue shooting movies about the legendary hero who finds himself amidst the warring alien fractions over at Mars where he also falls in love with Deja Thoris, the gorgeous princess!

'SLEEPY HOLLOW' CASTS
MICHELLE TRACHTENBERG AND MAX BROWN  
In today's TV news, (beside THE FLASH being ordered for full season at CW, and SyFy ordering the second season of Z NATION) SLEEPY HOLLOW has new cast additions: Max Brown (who was supposed to play the lead role in Ancient Egypt series HIEROGLYPH)  will play a powerful and mysterious new ally known, at first, only as Orion - a charismatic soldier who possesses a game changing weapon! Michelle Trachtenberg will play founding mother Abigail Adams (wife of John Adams, America's second president)! The series follows Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) who time travels to modern times in order to fight the headless rider!
'BROTHER HOOD' SITCOM
Comedy Central has commissioned new sitcom BROTHERHOOD which follows twenty somethings Dan and Toby who become surrogate parents to little brother Jamie after their mother passes away. Dan is a sarcastic joker, Toby is a naive sweetheart with an eye for the ladies, and Jamie hasn’t said a word in six months.
THE HOBBIT THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES FINAL POSTER!

'MAGIC FARAWAY TREE'
 IS GETTING MOVIE ADAPTATION!
Meanwhile, Oscar winner Sam Mendes will turn Enid Blyton's classic bestseller MAGIC FARAWAY TREE into a live action movie! The series of fantasy children novels, written during and after  WW2,  follows a group of children (Moonface, Saucepan Man, Dame Washalot and Silky the fairy) and their adventures at the top of an enchanted tree.

29 comments:

  1. I'm curious why Disney bought the rights to the movie, then declined to market it. That's just odd. Did someone make the studio mad along the way or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they did market it, but not well, it was stupid because the movie cost around $200 million! And it was a nice movie, didn't deserve to fall in USA.

      Delete
  2. I almost watched John Carter the other night. I was looking for a movie and there it was. I don't know why I passed it up. Might be the title and the genre mix that confused people. I don't know. I still need to give it a try. I know those who saw it generally liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's the genre mix? If you mean western and sf, it only has one western scene at the beginning and that is it. The rest is pure space opera!

      Delete
  3. Abigail Adams was a woman ahead of her time who really kicked ass -- this character will make a great addition to Sleepy Hollow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you will like her. I stopped watching at the middle of the first season when it lost all focus

      Delete
  4. I'm sure the MAGIC FARAWAY TREE will be an absolute delight :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They promoted John Carter wrong. Plain and simple. I'm outside America and even I wasn't interested in looking at it through the promos. Sleepy Hollow has been a bit shaky in the ratings (at least with Fox's cancellation policy - please don't cancel this show!) but I'm a big fan and can't wait to see what these new characters will bring to the series. I love Enid Blyton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, JOHN CARTER was my most anticipated movie for years before the premiere so I was devastated to see Disney start with the marketing very very late and I didn't like the title change either. But the movie was good in the end, with lots of memorable moments and scenes.

      Delete
  6. I liked John Carter. Maybe it will be remade one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see the lead due back, I'm devastated that Lyn Collins isn't a huge star when all of her roles were stunning and outstanding from JOHN CARTER to MERCHANT OF VENICE and especially UNCONDITIONAL

      Delete
  7. I hope they do find a new home and make more John Carters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, we need more space operas!!

      Delete
  8. I seemed to have lost interest in television. Hobbit anything is for me. Hate Disney blew it. Magic Faraway Tree will be cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that the current Autumn season on TV is probably the weakest in many years... there isn't a single good new show!

      Delete
  9. I've never heard of the Magic Faraway Tree book before. I hope it will be a good movie though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a beloved British book, and the writer is getting another of her book about five friends adapted too

      Delete
  10. Hay!! The Hobbit!! John Carter was a great film, but for me, the Hobbit is the most anticipated movie of the year :) Beats John Carter hands down :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it has absolutely nothing to do with Luke Evans. Nothing! absolutely didly squat! :)

      Delete
    2. but sadly, THE HOBBIT was such a boring boring overly lasting movie. I hope the third one will remedy the problems

      Delete
  11. I liked John Carter too. Yeah the promo was poor, shame, shame. I wonder what will happen with it now.

    I lost interest in Sleepy Hallow. I tried watching this season but gave it a pass after 1-1/2 episodes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope another studio does it some justice with marketing! It will be sad watching some other actors in those roles!
      I gave up on SLEEPY HALLOW after it made me sleepy too much in the middle of the first season :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.