Thursday, April 24, 2014

HOLLYWOOD SPY SPOTLIGHT ON NBC'S NEW EPIC ADVENTURE PIRATE SHOW 'CROSSBONES' WITH JOHN MALKOVICH & RICHARD COYLE WITH MINDBLOWING CHARACTER PICTURES!

 'CROSSBONES' TV SHOW
JOHN MALKOVICH IS BLACKBEARD
Starz did manage to outrun NBC with their rival pirate show BLACK SAILS at least when it comes to airing dates (I myself found BLACK SAILS terribly drawn out and visionless) but NBC is now hitting back with their CROSSBONES buccaneer television show which will sail onto the small screens with its pilot episode on May 30th starring legendary John Malkovich as infamous Captain Blackbeard and beloved British star Richard Coyle as his secret nemesis!
REPUBLIC OF PIRATES
From the award winning creator of LUTHER, Neil Cross, and successful producing team of Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald (GLADIATOR, MEN IN BLACK, THE RING) comes an extraordinary action adventure epic series CROSSBONES — with an unexpected moral centre where one can’t be  sure whether the pirates or the British crown are the villains. Other cast members include Yasmine al Massri as Selima, Claire Foy, David Hoflin, Tracy Ifeachor and Chris Perfetti! The series is based on the book The Republic of Pirates by Colin Woodard!

 THE STORY OF 'CROSSBONES'
LEADER, DREAMER, PIRATE!
The story of the ten episode CROSSBONES series is set in 1715 on the Bahamian island of New Providence, the first functioning democracy in the Americas, where the diabolical pirate Edward Teach, aka Blackbeard, reigns over a rogue nation of thieves, outlaws and miscreant sailors. Part shantytown, part marauder’s paradise, this is a place like no other on earth – and a mounting threat to international commerce.
Blackbeard has set his sights on the world's first longitude chronometer, a device that will change society, sea-trade and global business. In a massive attack on an English vessel, Blackbeard attempts to steal the device; however, Tom Lowe, an English spy working undercover as the ship's surgeon, destroys the chronometer before it can fall into his hands. Taken as prisoner to Santa  Campana Island, Lowe must find a way to reassemble the precious device, all while trying to unfold Blackbeard's plan ... a plan that includes a threat to the English throne even worse than pirates.
Sent to the pirates’ haven to take down the brilliant and charismatic Blackbeard, the closer Lowe gets, the more he finds that his quest is not so simple. Lowe can’t help but admire the political ideals of Blackbeard, whose thirst for knowledge knows no bounds – and no law. But Lowe is not the only danger to Blackbeard’s rule. He is a man with many villainous rivals and one great weakness – a passionately driven woman whom he cannot deny. 

42 comments:

  1. I wish they had stuck with their plans for Hugh Laurie to be the lead, but John Malkovich will be interesting to watch. Between this and the new season of 24, summer is shaping up to be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. although I'm not a fan of Laurie, I do agree that he would've been more charismatic in the role. Malkovich is good in crazy roles, but isn't as alluring and magnetic to the audience as Laurie would've been. But I'm in for Richard Coyle whom I adore

      Delete
  2. John Malkovich as Blackbeard! All I can say is wow! I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should be really fun! Hope it is more dynamic than BLACK SAILS

      Delete
  3. Love those photos. Haven't had a chance to check out Black Sails yet. But both shows sound like they'd be fun to watch. I only watch one episode of one show a night, so it's tough to catch up on everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed by BLACK SAILS that I stopped watching after episode 4 or 5 because it was too boring... it just had no story whatsoever and no dynamics. It didn't even had music!
      I watch my shows on weekends usually, three latest episodes per evening :)

      Delete
  4. John Malkovich should nail this role!
    Good stuff Dezz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the show doesn't disappoint, it will be fun watching tropical set show in the summer

      Delete
  5. Malkovich is a strange guy. I never know when he's acting or not. But he's a great actor and I'm sure this movies will be interesting.

    P.S. The honor is yours... gave me some love... give me 100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, I wonder if he is crazy in his private life too, I have a feeling he is....
      Will do, will do...

      Delete
    2. I have the same feeling. Not sure I'd want to know, though.

      And so you did, so you did....

      Delete
    3. yes, too crazy to handle....

      Delete
  6. I think John Malkovich is well cast. Tis different from his usual roles, but I'm sure he'll pull it off.

    And aren't the portraits fantastic? They look like they were painted a loooong time ago :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the best photo shoots for a TV show we've seen in a long time, so many details on each photo

      Delete
  7. The trailer looks excellent and I'm going to want to see this pretty badly. It looks like Malkovich is putting his own weird spin on the character and that looks fascinating. He's a strange one, but I do like watching him work. And I just love Richard Coyle. He was great as Jeff in Coupling. That's a character one can't forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard is so amazing, I love all of his roles. You should check out his THE FOOD GUIDE TO LOVE if you can find it on Netflix.

      Delete
  8. Ooh Crossbones looks great--okay maybe a tad bit violent:)--but intriguing. Thanks for sharing! Have a great evening, Dez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a tad? Imagine how intriguing we would look!

      Delete
    2. I hope it won't be too violent and that they won't use violence for fun.

      Delete
  9. Now that looks like a great pirate show.
    I love the pics you included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's only one great pirate show and that's THIS one. Check out Harrr Pirate Dezzy!

      Delete
    2. I'm so very dangerous when unleashed onto the oceans and seas...... Especially on galleys with loin clothed muscly slaves....

      Delete
    3. Loin clothed... I've never heard anyone put it that way. :)

      Delete
    4. Dezzy is here to invent words.... like Shakespeare did .....

      Delete
  10. Very interesting Crossbones trailer! I never got around to Black Sails, and I guess since you say it stinks, that's a good thing. I may have to give this one a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to love BLACK SAILS, especially since I adore Tom Hopper and Toby Stephens, but it was just a boring mess... no dynamics, no fun, no exotic beauty, not even music in a pirate show.....

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackbeard actually died off the coast slightly north of my state

      Delete
    2. Dezzmeister... Adam removed a comment! Isn't that shocking?

      Delete
    3. it's a scandal, I say! Only God knows what kind of info slipped of his keyboard before he deleted it :)

      Delete
    4. it's too late... he spread some tuna over the keyboard and they licked the traces with it....

      Delete
  12. Beautiful pics, very atmospheric...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very inspiring for you artists, aren't they?

      Delete
  13. John Malkovich as infamous Captain Blackbeard, how can they go wrong. Malkovich plays bad so well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blackbeard has a white beard!

    It looks like an action packed film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that is fun, nobody has noticed that so far :)

      Delete
  15. I'd like to see those pictures in black and white. I dunno why, but I think they'd look cool.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.