Saturday, September 7, 2013

SF SHOW 'DOMINION' ON BATTLE BETWEEN HUMANS & ANGELS CASTS TOM WISDOM, CHRIS EGAN, ALAN DALE! 'STARGATE' GETS BIG SCREEN TRILOGY REBOOT! 'ISLAND OF DR MOREAU' FILM ADAPTATION

'DOMINION' SF SHOW CASTS
TOM WISDOM AND CHRIS EGAN
 In television news this Saturday, we have a lead actor for upcoming new science fiction series DOMINION which will be based on Paul Bettany's film LEGION. According to Deadline, Australian star Chris Egan (LETTERS TO JULIET)  will headline the SyFy show as a maverick soldier who learns that he is the saviour of humanity! Set 25 years after the events of Legion DOMINION will explore the aftermath of a war between angels and mankind which has left the world transformed, with Alan Dale (OC, LOST) playing a general in the war  who is now ruling over one of four surviving human cities. Archangel Michael, who was played by Bettany in Legion, will be played by brilliant 300 star Tom Wisdom!

'STARGATE' TO GET
MOVIE TRILOGY REBOOT
One of the best news that came to us at the end of the week was that legendary STARGATE science fiction movie will be getting a reboot in a form of trilogy over at MGMRoland Emmerich had planned the original film to be a trilogy in the first place, but since the sequel needs to be immediately connected to the story of the first film and the original actors are now too old for the given story, he wants to shoot the whole saga from the beginning again. The original story had James Spader playing an egyptologist who worked on a alien device known as the STARGATE which then opened and took a team of soldiers and scientist on a travel across the known universe to a distant planet. Arriving on the planet, they found a culture ruled by someone pretending to be the Egyptian sun god Ra whom they had to fight against to save the Earth.

'ISLAND OF DR MOREAU'
 GETTING A NEW MOVIE REMAKE
Speaking of remakes, another one will happen in the new modern movie version of famous ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU novel by H.G. Wells. To be produced by Warner Bros. and Leonardo Dicaprio, the big screen adaptation will follow a man who survives a shipwreck and finds Noble's Isle, and the enigmatic Dr. Moreau, a former psychologist who has created human-like animals on this deserted island.The new version will be crafted as a sci-fi film with a timely message about ecology.You probably remember the 1994. movie with Val Kilmer, Marlon Brandon and Fairuza Balk.

28 comments:

  1. As much as I love Paul Bettany, Legion was a horrible movie. No thanks to a TV version.

    Cautiously optimistic about Stargate. I'd rather see continuing cinematic adventures of the TV cast but, if it's done right, a new trilogy could be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, but I like the trashy movie :) And PRIEST as well :)

      On the other hand, I didn't like STARGATE shows, but I did adore the movie. It was the first movie shown in my country after many years of international embargo and it was very sentimental to me ....

      Delete
  2. okay, i liked legion/priest... but.
    stay on target with stargate, for the love everything it was... hey hollyweird, how about a fresh idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked them too :)
      I hope they keep STARGATE ultra epic as it was.... mega epic.. we do love epic...... it's epic...

      Delete
  3. I hope they do a great job with Stargate! that's pretty exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uber exciting, Jemi :) Hope they have me in mind for the role of the great Ra :)

      Delete
  4. The Stargate trilogy sounds interesting as does Dominion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dominion and Stargate......that's me sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited about anything Stargate. It was cheesy but I loved it all from the movie with James Spader (he was so yummy then) to the show with Richard Dean Anderson/ala McGyver. Stargate Atlantis was pretty fun too so as long as the new thing is as good or better I'll be happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed, we did love Spader back in those days :)

      Delete
  7. I have not seen the 1994 version but would love to see Leo diCaprio in Island of Dr. Moreau. Now if I can just shake off his Gatsby persona, he did so well in that, I actually imagined Leo in character while reading the novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if he will star in it, Arni, he is just producing, at least for now...

      Delete
  8. H.G. Wells stories were the best and I'm rather fond of this one. It's the 1977 version that is "my film version", not the later one. It will be interesting to see how they do this and I hope they do it with a nod to the true original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was that the one with Burt Lancaster, dear? This more recent one with Brando and Kilmer was bad. I myself loved an episode of SLIDERS sf show from the 90's which was based on MOREAU.

      Delete
  9. I always get Priest and Legion mixed up. :P

    The Island of Dr. Moreau is sort of fitting for the times. All the crazy bio-engineering/cloning/gene tampering they do these days is really kind of scary. I hope they make this look realistic enough to believe it could happen. That's when sci-fi is scariest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two films came close up one after another...
      I'm almost sure Island oF Dr. Moreau has already happaned :) what with those crazy cat people who get surgeries to implant whiskers and stuff :)

      Delete
    2. LOL. You make a good point. I'd have surgery to look like my dog, but I think I already have this look down. :P

      Delete
  10. Dominion looks good and yes, I remember that movie, Island of Dr. M ~ It will be interesting to see the remake ~ Have a good weekend Dezzy ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't wait to see first pics from DOMINION :) Have a nice weekend, too, dear

      Delete
  11. I loved both Stargate and Dr. Moreau, but when is Hollywood going to stop making remakes and come up with some fresh ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two really fun movies! I don't think they will ever stop, Susan!

      Delete
  12. I wasn't able to finish Legion.

    I'd love to read and watch Dr. Moreau.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you didn't miss that crazy granny jumping on the ceiling :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.