Thursday, August 15, 2013

STALLONE, SCHWARZENEGGER, STATHAM, CHAN, SNIPES, HARRISON FORD, KELLAN LUTZ, BANDERAS IN 'EXPENDABLES 3'! JOEL EDGERTON TO PLAY PHARAOH RAMSES IN RIDLEY SCOTT'S 'EXODUS' WITH CHRISTIAN BALE? CLIVE OWEN IN 'THE KNICK' 19TH CENTURY SHOW! FUTURISTIC LAS VEGAS SET SHOW 'PARADISE'

EXPENDABLES III WITH
STALLONE, SCHWARZENEGGER, GIBSON, HARRISON, STATHAM, CHAN, BANDERAS
Even though we thought the first movie in the EXPENDABLES franchise was a stupid idea, the audience liked it and you know they're already preparing third part! Sylvester Stallone's movie will again feature a bunch of fallen action stars playing veteran mercenaries who go into action together with a squad of younger tech-savvy soldiers. Beside Stallone, the stellar cast already includes an unbelievable set of names from Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, Mel Gibson and Harrison Ford to Antonio Banderas and a bunch of younger stars lead by Kellan Lutz! Milla Jovovich, Jackie Chan and Wesley Snipes are also negotiating to join the film, and the latest name to join the cast is young hunk Glen Powell who will play a skilled combat veteran who is also an expert hacker and a drone pilot. Bruce Willis was kicked out of the film after demanding to be paid $1 million per day of shooting!

CLIVE OWEN IN CINEMAX'
'THE KNICK' 19TH CENTURY SHOW
In TV news today, Cinemax new series THE KNICK is gathering the cast: lead by Clive Owen, the Steven Soderbergh drama is set in downtown New York in 1900 focusing on Knickerbocker Hospital and the groundbreaking surgeons, nurses and staff who push the bounds of medicine in a time of astonishingly high mortality rates and zero antibiotics. Andre Holland, Juliet Rylance, Eve Hewson and Michael Angarano will all play surgeons and nurses.
NBC'S 'PARADISE' SF SHOW
NBC has bought new sf show: titled PARADISE, Seth Grahame Smith drama will be set in the late 21st century in the city of Las Vegas which is now the world’s largest maximum-security prison, known as PARADISE. Matthew Turner, M.D., is its newest inmate, convicted of a murder he didn’t commit. Desperate to get back to his family and prove his innocence, Matthew will have to find a strength he never knew he had, and stay alive long enough to do the one thing no inmate has ever done: escape.

JOEL EDGERTON IN 'EXODUS'
 AS PHARAOH RAMSES NEXT TO CHRISTIAN BALE'S MOSES?
Meanwhile, it seems that Christian Bale won't have to go through all the EXODUS alone! 'The Hollywood Reporter' writers that Australian star Joel Edgerton is in talks to join Ridley Scott's biblical epic! Now listen to the weird part - in the story which revolves around Moses (Christian Bale) who takes the Israelites out of Egypt and into the Promised land, Joel Edgerton is supposed to play Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses. Did I miss a history lesson or did  Egyptians really have blond hair and blue eyes and Australian accent? The shooting should start next month in Morocco and Spain!
DEZZY'S HISTORY LESSON
Ramses II is considered to be the most famous, most celebrated and most powerful of the Egyptian Pharaohs! Although most people know him for the Bible story he was famous as a builder who created many royal cities, temples and monuments. He is also known as Ozymandias in Greek! Since he lived for more than 90 years and ruled for 66, according to the tradition, after the third decade of his rule he was proclaimed a living God. He brought peace and prosperity to Egypt. His wife was Nefertari, one of the most famous of Egyptian queens and her tomb is the most luxurious one in the Valley of the Queens!

37 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Dezzy I can't even read your post today because I'm totally lost in the blue sea of Mr. Powell's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is quite a dashing gent, yes? Reminds me of Chris Evans in a way :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah....I'm still gonna skip Expendables 3...seeing as how I have managed to miss the first two, I wouldn't want to be lost.

    Exodus sounds pretty good though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed the first two as well :) and I don't feel guilty!

      Delete
  3. Geezer action flicks give me hairballs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's good to throw out hairballs from time to time :PPP

      Delete
  4. Good to see Clive, do some work... I still think he would have made a grand James Bond!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only if he learns how to act, he was horrid in KING ARTHUR :(

      Delete
  5. I love Clive Owen and still love Harrison Ford LOL

    hugs Dezzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is also inspired the character Ozymandias in the Watchmen

    ReplyDelete
  7. JOEL EDGERTON is a good choice, but I still see him as Uncle Owen.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they always throw around his name when castings for epic films begin, but he never gets any of those roles. I myself don't really see him in historical films, unlike his friend Sullivan Stapleton who is perfect for epics :)

      Delete
  8. Those blue eyes look a wee bit fake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are fake, somebody painted them on, but I couldn't find that same pic with his real eyes. His eyes are really blue, though....

      Delete
  9. Hello Dezmond thank you for little lesson of Egypt ;)
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I had Cinemax. I'd watch Clive Owen in just about anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Per usual, enjoyed the history lesson.
    Silly Bruce W.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like Clive, too, especially liked him in Gosford Park. Paradise could be good but we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never saw the Expendables. Don't know whether to rectify that situation or not. What are your thoughts, Dezzy?

    Delicious photo of Clive Owen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. methinks, you shouldn't rectify the situation :)

      Delete
  14. I bought the first two "Expendables" movies for my hubby, and he enjoyed both of them. LOTS of testosterone and violence in them, though. I like Bruce Willis, but evidently not as much as Bruce Willis does. Pretty full of himself, huh?

    Too bad we don't get Cinemax. The early 1900s show sounds like something I'd really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet hubby was a happy man :) I haven't seen the films myself since I don't do violent movies,but I know most boys like them :)

      Delete
  15. I'll skip the Expendables as well. Antonio is sexy, but the rest of those dudes-pfft.

    Knickerbockers looks really good, but I don't get Cinemax and they don't have a deal with Netflix.

    Ramses II ruled for a long time, but methinks Elizabeth II will outdo him on that score. Jesus Christ, the Queen Mum lived for over 100 years. I don't think she's really dead, she's with Elvis and Michael Jackson in Singapore :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, dahlink, I have the very same theory! They're all smoking havanas somewhere and drinkink whiskey while Elvis is singing to them and Jacko is playing with the monkeys.... and Amy Winehouse is smoking weed there....

      Delete
  16. Just for the record, I wasn't part of any audience who liked EXPENDABLES. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Exodus is something that I would watch out for. I can't imagine Christian Bale as Moses but being a talented actor that he is, I'm sure he'll be great. Interesting history facts, I'm now trying to recall the old film, The Ten Commandments and bits and pieces of the scenes are coming back to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, Yul Briner played Ramses in that one :) but was portrayed as a naughty man.

      Delete
  18. I skipped The Expendables when it came out. There must be something good to it though for it to be so popular. I may have to rethink my decision, bit the bullet, and rent it.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.