Thursday, February 21, 2013

NEW ASIAN FILMS: SPECTACULAR TRAILER FOR "SAVING GENERAL YANG" EPIC! SEDUCTIVE "DANGEROUS LIAISONS" WITH ZHANG ZIYI! ACTION PACKED "THE GRANDMASTERS" WITH ZHANG ZIYI AND TONY LEUNG!

Since it's been a very dry week in Hollywood, I have some Asian trailers for you today: first, new, extremely epic and totally spectacular trailer for Chinese historical action SAVING GENERAL YANG! Directed by Ronny Yu (who is one of the leading candidates to also helm SILVER VASE, IRON KNIGHT the sequel to legendary CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON), the sweeping Asian war epic focuses on the story of the Yangs which has been eulogized for hundreds of years in the Chinese society. It details the exploits of the Yang military family, recounting the unflinching loyalty of the Yang family heirs. The plot places focus on how the seven sons of the Yang family held hands in the rescue of their father. The cast includes Adam
Cheng, Ekin Cheng, Chun Wu, Vic Chou, Fan Xu, Raymond Lam, Bo Yu, Chen Li and Xin Bo Fo. SAVING GENERAL YANG is scheduled to open around the world this April!

DANGEROUS LIAISONS
And something more seductive for my lady readers: Chinese version of DANGEROUS LIAISONS which will be released at DVD market this February in USA. 1930s Shanghai: the glamorous, tumultuous "Paris of the East" whose salons, streets and bedrooms frame this Chinese adaptation of the
French novel Les Liaisons Dangereuses. Aging socialite Mo Jieyu (Cecilia Cheung) still finds herself circling ex-boyfriend Xie Yifan (Jang Dong-kun). Even after years of separation, their attraction and appetites burn just beneath the surface. Mo, the rich and charming widow with a taste for indulgence and sensuous pleasures, still has eyes for famous womanizer Xie, who secretly burns with love for her. And yet, in his luxurious life, Xie's new interest lies in chaste humanitarian Du Fenyu (Ziyi Zhang), who has captured his attention and earned his desire for conquest. Mo lures Xie into a treacherous, dangerous game of hearts: win, bed, and leave Du, proving his mettle as a rogue and impossible catch. But can Xie take the honor of such a woman, without losing his own heart, as well? As war looms in

Shanghai, can Xie win Mo's seductive game? Can he choose between these two women? Where will such a triangle lead them all? In matters of the heart, and in this city, there may be no difference between love and war.

THE GRANDMASTERS
The third Asian trailer for today is for Wong Kar Wai's long awaited period action THE GRANDMASTERS which premiered last week at Berlin Film Festival, after already playing in Chinese cinemas this
January, and will be distributed around the world this year. The story revolves around martial arts master Ip Man, the man who trained Bruce Lee! The film chronicles the life of the Wing Chun grandmaster Ip Man
from the 1930s in Foshan, his flight to Hong Kong after the Second Sino-Japanese War, and the events leading to his death. The film stars Tony Leung in the lead role with the cast also including gorgeous Zhang Ziyi, Chang Chen, Cung Le....

28 comments:

  1. Hey, looks like you were able to put together a good-sized post, even if Hollywood is dry this week.

    Go you. Rah.

    Me, I just finished a BIG load of dishes, and am still deciding how badly I want those containers for my stockpile of bake nummies.

    Sun keeps going back and forth. Can't make it's mind either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it wasn't easy, trust me, I'm currently writing the post for tomorrow and have only a third of it :( Extremely dry weather in Tinseltown.....

      Delete
    2. I believe you will still knock it out of the park. Just heard the snowplow pass. This might be my one good chance to run.

      Kmart's having a good sale.

      Delete
    3. Send us some snow over to Europe, I kinda miss snow this winter

      Delete
  2. Such stunning clips. I'm always so impressed with how beautifully these movies are filmed. Of course, you know I liked the first one best. Wow, that's some major action. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, SAVING GENERAL YANG's new trailer is really something special, quite mesmerizing to watch and so many nice Chinese stars in it :) Hope you didn't miss THE WHITE SNAKE AND THE SORCERER I think it is currently in US cinemas near you.

      Delete
  3. THE GRANDMASTERS a film as I like, very beautiful picture, I think that history should be well
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be very interested with "Saving General Yang" and "Grandmasters": I like Asian movies and those ones look very good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll keep my eyes peeled for "Saving General Yang." I hope it's better than that stinker I watched a year ago about the Yang warrior women, the name of which mercifully escapes me now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that one was later on titled into some kind of Amazons or something stupid like that :) Haven't watched that one, but I did like the posters.

      Delete
  6. For some reason grandmasters keeps popping in my head as "grandmas".

    ReplyDelete
  7. they all look good to me altho if Dangerous Liaisons is as sad as the original I don't know if I can watch it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it probably is, this is why it is dangerous :)

      Delete
  8. Dangerous Liaisons looks stunning. The style in the 30's was so classic and Shanghai to chic. The settings and costumes look marvelous and suck a complex love story. Asian culture doesn't white-wash romance, they tell women the truth-it can be brutal and it can be sad. But passion, is worth the risk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is true, although I sometimes wish they would make the romance in their films a bit less brutal and more tender, at least sometimes. They actually remind me of Serbian films since romance is also always portrayed quite raw and non-sensual in them.

      Delete
  9. I've been watching a few historical Chinese movies lately. And one question I always had is why is the armor always so weak? It's like it breaks apart at the slightest blow. ._.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe Chinese arrows are stronger and more piercing than the western ones :)

      Delete
  10. you had me at: Zhang Ziyi... Hubba, Hubba! great strong post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and she is in two of the above films, so it's a real treat for you today :)

      Delete
  11. All of these look absolutely amazing. I hope I get to see them all at some point. You always do the best spotlights and come up with treats for us no matter what. It's Dezzy Magic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked the spotlight, Melsy. It really has been a very poor month in news business, I've no idea what I will write about next week beside the Oscar red carpet report :)

      Delete
  12. We can't have enough dangerous liaisons ;) Just hope I won't be whipped into watching it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, if the missus isn't reading HOLLYWOOD SPY..... :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.