Friday, February 15, 2013

LIAM NEESON & DAN STEVENS IN "A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES"! MATTHEW GOODE IN "VATICAN" SHOW! DYLAN MCDERMOTT & TONI COLLETTE IN CBS "HOSTAGES" SHOW! LAUREN GRAHAM & ROBIN WILLIAMS IN "FRIGGIN' CHRISTMAS"! "BOXTROLLS" ANIMATED TALE

Here is some lovely news for all the fans of DOWNTON ABBEY (which I personally find snobbishly monotonous, but that is just moi) - according to "Variety" Dan Stevens has joined Liam Neeson in
A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES. Neeson will play alcoholic private investigator Matt Scudder, who operates just outside the law. The story follows Scudder as he takes a case to find the kidnapped wife of a drug dealer. He discovers the kidnappers are linked to a number of brutal murders and kidnappings! As I've reported before, Dan Stevens will also star next to Benedict Cumberbatch in THE FIFTH ESTATE, a film about the famous hero of the freedom loving world Julian Assange, which traces the heady, early days of WikiLeaks, culminating in the release of a series of controversial and history changing information leaks. The website’s overnight success brought instant fame to its principal architects and transformed the flow of information to news media and the world at large!

  TELEVISION HEADLINES
In TV news - it seems that dashing Dylan McDermott has found himself a new gig after AMERICAN HORROR STORY. He will join new CBS show HOSTAGES
which has Toni Collette in the lead role. Coming from Jerry Bruckheimer, the show will follow a Washington, D.C., surgeon who is thrown into a political conspiracy after being chosen to operate on the president of the United States. Her family is taken hostage, and it's her responsibility to save their lives. McDermott will play Duncan, a righteous FBI agent who is at the centre of a political conspiracy involving the president but whose role will come as a surprise. Showtime has also found their own male lead for their new show VATICAN. Our favourite Matthew Goode (BIRDSONG, WATCHMEN) will play papal secretary and his closest confidante, who has a very powerful perch within the inner-circle of the Vatican, in this contemporary thriller about spirituality, power and politics, set against the modern day political machinations within the Catholic church. The potential series would explore the relationships and rivalries in addition to the mysteries and miracles behind the institution! The pilot will be directed by Ridley Scott!

  MOVIE HEADLINES
Another new sf movie will be RESILIENT. With Virginia Madsen and Robert Beltran in the cast, the sci fi disaster movie will revolve
 around a spaceship engineer returning to Earth to save his family from natural catastrophes sweeping the globe! But if you prefer comedies, THR reports about Lauren Graham, Joel McHale and Robin Williams starring in FRIGGIN' CHRISTMAS! The dysfunctional family comedy follows Boyd Mitchler (McHale) and his wife Luann (Lauren Graham) as they spend a dreaded Christmas with Boyd’s father Mitch (Williams) and his family of misfits. Upon realizing that he has left all of his son’s gifts at home, Boyd hits the road with his father and younger brother in an attempt to make the eight-hour round trip before sunrise. The authors of Oscar nominated PARANORMAN are working on new animated film THE BOXTROLLS! With Toni Collette and Ben Kingsley in the voice cast, the 3D stop motion/CG hybrid feature based on Alan Snow’s fantasy adventure novel "Here Be Monsters", unfolds in Cheesebridge, where beneath its cobblestone streets dwell the Boxtrolls. Legend has it that they are foul monsters, but in truth, the Boxtrolls are a community of oddballs who have raised an orphaned human boy. The visually dazzling mash-up of gripping detective story, absurdist comedy and steampunk adventure will also be a moving and human story with timelessness and powerful emotional resonance.

33 comments:

  1. Wait. Something's a muck here. What is it? What is it? Oh wait, I know ... no one has their top off.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but if you use search button on the right you can find Matthew Goode full naked hiding his willie under British flag in some of our older posts :)

      Delete
  2. Holy Mary Mother of God! How very timely to be making a show about the Vatican. So let's dish darling. So this horrid Prada wearing Pope makes his announcement right before Lent (literally I'm driving to get my last doughnuts until Easter when this comes over the radio). And then he's leaving before Easter. Yes, I know it's political. He's trying to force the Cardinals to rush the vote to put someone he wants into the seat of St. Peter by doing this. The thought of going into Easter without a Pope is too much. And then the bugger isn't retiring to a Monastary which would be right and proper-no he's going into a Convent where he can be above the nuns. They will have to wait on him hand and foot and he will be top dog still.

    Now onto Liam Neeson-nom, nom, nom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are spot-on, aren't they :)
      Oh, yes, I've heard that the evil Pope is retiring to a convent surrounded with the harem of nuns who will cater for his whims and needs... horrid.... and they will have to change the batteries in his pacemaker... And I have a feeling the next Pope will be a black one... just wait and see.... It's been foreseen in the prophecies that the world will have a black Pope and a black president in the big country.... That time is now...

      Delete
    2. and, dahlink, don't miss my Valentines post which premiered earlier today :)

      Delete
    3. It's wicked that he's not going into a monastery. A truly humble man would. Really I think the scandal surrounding him may be so great that after he retires, the Church will have to assassinate him secretly. I give him maybe 6 months then he's a dead man. The Hubby is certain it will be a black Pope this time. They have lost the Western World and must now turn to the third world. You know I'm still a practicing Catholic, but I do not follow blindly. One must be able to call out evil where one sees it or one is stupid.

      I will go check that post now, then I'm off to play for a couple of hours with the Hubby-music darling. Shagging comes later :)

      Delete
    4. a truly humble man would go and spend the rest of his live in a hut in Somalia after enjoying a decade in the golden chambers of VAtican.

      Oh, please do get naughty with the hubs, 'tis Valentines after all :)

      Delete
    5. That Nazi! I feel bad for those nuns. Too bad there aren't female priests. I mean waiting on that man hand and foot is too much. I'm Catholic, but question everything. And there is much evil afoot in the Church.

      Delete
    6. you should go into nuns, Melsy, infiltrate the convent and give the evil Nazi some nasty times :))) We shall cover you logistically with my penguin and coon squads :)

      Delete
  3. Two posts in one day? Exhausting. I do that in a week. :P

    And I have stopped watching Downton Abby, even though I loved the first season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the Valentines one last week and just posted it now :) Can't leave you without the Hollywood info just because it's Valentines :)

      I've never continued watching DOWNTON after the first season. The superficial snobbery in it was just offensive to me....

      Delete
  4. What rock have I been living under that I've never seen nor heard of Dan Stevens???? YUMMY!!!! What a Valentine's treat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's nice because he has that warm vibe about him

      Delete
  5. "Vatican" could be good if they're not overly reverential about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling they will go for scandalous :) especially given in mind their THE BORGIAS show :) Pope doesn't like Showtime for sure :)

      Delete
  6. The boxtrolls sound fun! And those sf disaster movies are either great ... or disasters themselves. Hope this one is good :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should be good, especially with the unusual animation technique!

      Delete
  7. I like a lot Downtown Abbey (I can't always have the same advice than you, my friend!)
    and Dan Stevens is a great actor like all the actors of the serie!(English series are very good generally...)
    The synopsis of "A Walk among the Tombstones" looks good...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like it, Samwise! Hope you had a nice Valentines day!

      Delete
  8. I don't think I've seen Matthew Goode in anything, but I'd like to start watching him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he also starred in A SINGLE MAN, THE BURNING MAN and in many BBC series. He's amazing and crazily charismatic

      Delete
  9. I confess, I liked Downton Abbey, too, (I also liked Gosford park, which I believe had the same director plus Clive Owen and Professor McGonagal, I mean Maggie) however I've only seen season one. The Fifth Estate sounds interesting, especially if it sticks to the facts which I would be interested in hearing. Nice to see Virginia Madsen working again; the last thing I saw her in was Sideways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy for Virginia Madsen too, and we will be seeing here much more in the future since she also just scored a role in NBC's HATFIELD AND MCCOYS modern version show as the matriarch of the crime family.

      Delete
  10. I love movies like Gosfor Park. The Fifth Estate does sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOH, HOSTAGES sounds intriguing! I am a fan of Toni's work~ And The Fifth Estate should give us something to talk about! Oh, it is gorgeous over here, with the Roses! I hope you and yours had a Happy <3 Day! @>-------

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like the roses, Ella, you're the first one to notice them :) I thought they were a bit kitschy, but it is Valentines after all :) I will bring back the green hearts tomorrow :)

      Delete
  12. I'm getting tired of dysfunctional family Christmas shows.

    Happy Valentines Day Dezzy :)

    .........dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy Valentines, Donnzie, I think you missed my Valentines post from yesterday, I think you would like that one :)

      Delete
  13. I love Robin Williams! He always makes me laugh so I can't wait to see his newest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is one of my favourite comedians and actors of all times. And after what you told me about his private life, I love him as a person too!

      Delete
  14. That Hostages show sounds good - I'll have to keep an eye out for that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it certainly has the most amazing cast :) And we love it even more since Dylan McDermott favourited my tweet about it yesterday :)))

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.