Friday, February 8, 2013

JOSEPH FIENNES & MORENA BACCARIN ARE "THE UNHOLY"! MICHAEL KEATON JOINS AARON PAUL IN "NEED FOR SPEED"! SEAN BEAN, CHANNING TATUM, MILA KUNIS, EDDIE REDMAYNE IN "JUPITER RISING"! MARIAH CAREY SINGS FOR "OZ GREAT AND POWERFUL"

 Now I do like when Hollywood throws a film cast which makes me all tingly inside :) Two nom nom stars Morena Baccarin and Joseph Fiennes will play in a new thriller THE UNHOLY! According to "THR" the story is based on actual scientific research that suggests evil lurks within our own DNA, and follows a group of scientists recruited by the Vatican for a worldwide initiative to find new candidates for exorcisms (if you ask me, the Prada clad Pope should be first in the line). They are forced to re-examine their beliefs when faith meets science in a whole new way. And since we love us good movie songs, here's a nice piece of info: Mariah Carey will release her ALMOST HOME feel-good single next week, which will be a part of OZ GREAT AND POWERFUL soundtrack. The fantasy adventure with Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams, Rachel Weisz and James Franco hits cinemas March 8th!

NEED FOR SPEED
If you are fan of FAST & FURIOUS, and you saw the trailer a few days ago, another fast cars film you might like is NEED FOR SPEED. The
film already has delightful Aaron Paul, Imogen Poots and Dominic Cooper, but now the new name in the cast is good old Michael Keaton. The story of the film revolves around a street-racer (Aaron Paul), who teams up with a rich and egotistical business partner (Dominic Cooper) that sets him to take a fall for a crime. After being released he joins a cross country race to exact his revenge. He ex-partner finds out about his scheme and places a bounty on his head, sending him through a gauntlet of bounty hunters. According to "THR" Michael Keaton will be portraying the reclusive and eccentric overlord of the race, who recruits the best drivers in the world to partake in his event.

JUPITER RISING
One of our most anticipated of the upcoming science fiction epics, JUPITER RISING, from the Wachowski siblings, has just added Sean Bean to the cast which already has three sinfully sexy creatures - Mila Kunis (who has tones of projects this year), Channing Tatum (who also has loads of projects this year) and Eddie Redmayne (who scored big with his outstanding performance in LES MISERABLES and is now one of the most quickly rising stars in Hollywood). Sean Bean will portray a Han Solo type of character in the film set in a universe where humans are at the bottom of the evolutionary food chain, and one supreme leader rules all. The story will centre on a young Earth woman (Mila Kunis) who is targeted for assassination by the Queen of the Universe, because she bears a striking similarity to the ruler. Channing Tatum plays the bounty hunter who is sent to kill the
woman, but ends up falling for her in the process. Well, as long as Bean isn't playing the intergalactic queen, I'm fine with this...

42 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. if you mean Morena, methinks nobody will pay attention to her upper eyes.... just saying....

      Delete
    2. Both chicks. And so many of them these days with all that crap on their faces.

      Delete
    3. I think Mila has brilliantly done make-up on her lovely face, very subtle but yet glamorous and seductive in natural tones.

      Delete
    4. In baking news, great cooks like alike. I made a brown organic pasta bake this morning with eggs, shrooms and horseradish cheese.

      Are you a vegan?

      Delete
    5. I know, I read it at your place :)
      Not a vegan, just a vegetarian, I do use eggs sometimes, when a dish requires it, but usually try to avoid it. I eat maybe an egg or two a month. And I do use some dairy products, mostly yoghurt with acido and bifido bacterium and some hard cheeses.

      Delete
    6. Do you eat cheeses that contain animal rennet?

      Delete
    7. Animal what? :)
      I mostly use vegetable cheeses, I don't know if you have those in USA, they are made from vegetable fats. But I don't eat those often either.

      Delete
  2. No Sean Bean as intergalactic queen? I shall not watch. And, anyway, his character will die. I think he dies in every movie he makes. So sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not in all :) In Mirror Mirror everybody thinks he's dead, but then in the end he appears alive :)

      Delete
  3. I'd pay to see an exorcism of that evil old troll myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Unholy would be good for me and The Hubby as we'd have some great philosophical debates. The question of where evil resides in men is an interesting one. And yes, there would be convergence with the notion of original sin and evil being encoded as a trait in DNA. Looking at it from the Theory of Evolution, the trait would have to be advantageous to the survival of the species for it to be passed on. Lots of fat to chew on here. And as you know, I am intensely uncomfortable with this Pope. I do think he is evil and the more I learn about his back ground, the more convinced of that I become.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is possible that some kind of evil is in our genes, because criminals often have similar physical characterstics and you even have what we call a typical "criminal face" with disproportional head, big ears and usually very small eyes, with lack of symmetry.
      He is pure evil, Annzie, you know he has a Nazi past and that he wears red Prada shoes which could pretty much feed half of Somalia, not to mention that he resides in the palace of gold and preaches about modesty.

      Delete
    2. On a lighter note, Channing is working a lot. Yes, his star is rising and I'd really like to see more than his "star" rise :)

      Delete
    3. I just wish he would stop buffing himself, I preferred his looks when he was young and lean and thinner. He now looks like a body builder.

      Delete
    4. He's probably giving in to the pressures of Hollywood to look a certain way. You know how it is, conform, conform, conform.

      Delete
    5. yep, boys have to buff themselves in Hollywood and ladies have to bottox themselves in Hollywood :(

      Delete
  5. I liked Morena in Firefly. *sigh* miss that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we miss it all! Inara was my fave character!

      Delete
  6. You had me at Morena Baccarin and her nominables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would appear here with the mention of Morena :)

      Delete
  7. Holy Snack Pack... Mila and Morena Baccarin... I went to heaven and back...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see, I've finally saved you from hell :P

      Delete
  8. The "Unholy" looks stupid. I do hope that the Wachowski's make a big comeback with Jupiter Rising. I for one loved Cloud Atlas, but it didn't sit well with Christian Americans because it focused on the theme of reincarnation (and Americans are all about Christ and how the world is 7000 years old) and I feel that all of them pretty much boycotted the film. It's unfortunate but true that 80% of my country believes angels are real. Sigh.

    Aaron Paul also came from Idaho (that's where I came from). Idaho has a lot of those purebred attractive white boys. My parents were a Texan and a four-foot tall Japanese woman with false teeth (which explains why I look the way I do). He's made it huge, and is definitely one of the attractive white boys to follow (him and Mormon boy Ryan Gosling).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if it didn't sit well with Christian Americans than I should most definitely see it :) It is breaking record over in China, I love how the failure of a film in USA doesn't mean failure around the world too, anymore. LIFE OF PI for example has crossed half billion around the world even though it didn't do overly good in USA.

      CLOUD ATLAS failed in USA because it had terrible marketing, we haven't seen any trailers nor pics from the film until only a few months before the premiere.

      I will most probably have naked Gosling here tomorrow :)

      Delete
  9. I would watch Mila Kunis in anything unless she played a man. Sooo hot.

    I thought Need for Speed was going to be a Top Gun sequel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys do love Mila...
      I believe TOP GUN is getting its own remake.

      Delete
  10. I absolutely love Michael Keaton. In my humble opinion, he was the best Batman ever (& yes, better than Christian Bale). Of course he didn't have a whole lot of competition when you think of it: Val Kilmer and George Clooney, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I have seen Michael Keaton around in a long time. I too loved him as Batman, though Val Kilmer looked good in the suit too :)

    Not sure about the Unholy, but I'll watch Jupiter just for Sean Bean.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Val's huge lips worked well with the Batman's mask :) Too bad he had Nicole as his partner....

      Delete
  12. I love Michael Keaton! Mr. Mom, Gung Ho, and of course, Batman. He's just terrific and such a nice guy, too. My friend was an extra on My Life and he said that Michael was always extremely nice to the crew.

    Jupiter Rising sounds very cool and I, of course love Sean Bean and Channing Tatum. Magic Mike cast a spell of lust on me and I hope I never recover. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do like actors who are nice people. I've never seen him in anything after Batman films.
      We do love the JUPITER RISING cast, and Jupiter is our fave word after SPARTACUS show, especially in combination with a certain other word :))

      Delete
  13. Morena is an incredible beauty and a good actress as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew the boys would appreciate her, Lurk :)

      Delete
  14. Jupiter Rising sounds fantastic. What a beautiful cast, and definitely my genre of choice. I'm still hoping to see Les Mes. I bet he was epic in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eddie was amazing in LES MISERABLES, and I'm extremely proud that HOLYWOOD SPY was one of the first sites to support his career years ago!

      Delete
  15. That Jupiter Rising cast sounds fantastic - I'll be on the lookout for that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post the info on it throughout the year, Suzie :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.