Tuesday, February 19, 2013

HOLLYWOOD SPY SPOTLIGHT ON EPIC ADVENTURE "JACK THE GIANT SLAYER" WITH NICHOLAS HOULT, EWAN MCGREGOR, IAN MCSHANE, BILL NIGHY, STANELY TUCCI! NEW POSTERS AND PICTURES!

 Fairy tale epic adventure JACK THE GIANT SLAYER is, after a very long delay, ready to start it's cinematic life this March and today you can check out delightful new posters for the exciting movie. The film was supposed to open in cinema previous summer, but was moved to this year in order to get 3D treatment and additional changes and more marketing and also to give a chance to Warner to play the trailers when Peter Jackson's THE HOBBIT AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY played in cinemas this winter!
GIANT SLAYER STORY
The story of the film revolves around an ancient war which is reignited when a young farmhand unwittingly opens a gateway between our world and a fearsome race of giants. Unleashed on the Earth for the first time in centuries, the giants strive to reclaim the land they once lost, forcing the young man, Jack (Nicholas Hoult), into the battle of his life to stop them. Fighting for a kingdom and its people, and the love of a brave princess, he comes face to face with the unstoppable warriors he
thought only existed in legend … and gets the chance to become a legend himself.

GIANT SLAYER CAST
Acclaimed filmmaker Bryan Singer directs the 3D epic action adventure JACK THE GIANT SLAYER starring Nicholas Hoult as Jack, a young farmer who leads the expedition to rescue the princess. There was quite a great competition for the lead role and the list of actors who didn't get it includes Aaron Johnson and Aneurin Barnard. Eleanor Tomlinson plays Isabelle, the princess who is kidnapped by giants. Adelaide Kane (whom you will watch as Mary Queen  of Scots in CW's REIGN epic show), Lily Collins and Juno Temple also screen tested for the role before Eleanor got it. Stanley Tucci portrays Lord Roderick, an adviser to the king with designs on usurping power. Ian McShane is King Brahmwell, the princess' father, who is none too thrilled about a union between his daughter and a farmer boy. Bill Nighy and John Kassir are Fallon, the two-headed leader of the giants. Nighy plays the big head and Kassir plays the smaller head. Ewan McGregor, looking better than ever, portrays Elmont, the leader of the king’s elite guard, who helps fight giants.

GIANT SLAYER TIDBITS
It is interesting that the preproduction started back in 2009 when D.J. Caruso was supposed to direct it. Later on the director was replaced and Bryan Singer brought new writers and also the title of the film was changed from GIANT KILLER to GIANT SLAYER. A number of scenes in the film were shot in Puzzlewood in Britain,  which features unusual tree and rock formations seen before in BBC TV series MERLIN and DR WHO, and which also inspired Tolkien to write THE HOBBIT!

GIANT SLAYER CAST FUTURE PROJECTS
What are the cast members doing in the future? As you already know Nicholas Hoult will be very busy this year since beside this one he already had WARM BODIES opening in cinemas with great success
around the world last month, and he also has MAD MAX FURY ROAD and X MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST ahead of him. Gorgeous young Eleanor Tomlinson will also be seen this summer in
THE WHITE QUEEN epic series at Starz! Ewan McGregor will star in BORN TO BE KING about an extra on a film set who is discovered to share a striking resemblance to a movie star. The director of the film 
Bryan Singer will direct the above mentioned X MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST returning to the mutant saga which made him famous and on which he already worked with Nicholas Hoult!

38 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've seen the trailer a lot at the last few movies I've been to. Doesn't look that good, quite frankly, so I'll be giving it a miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pffttt... I'm sure Ewan won't miss you in the cinema, Debs :PPP

      Delete
  2. I like the trailer/movie dear...and its Warm Bodies, not Warm Hearts ~ Smiles ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, yes, indeed :) Zombies have no beating hearts only hot bodies (at least the one played by Nicholas lol)

      Delete
  3. I love the poster pictures you shared here. I'm definitely eager to watch this movie!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the pictures. The film looks awesome. What a way to turn a fairy tale into something so creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be one of those films that kids enjoy and remember for year after :)

      Delete
  5. I am constantly amazed at how many movies come out. I don't have television, so I don't see previews. And we rarely go to the movie house. Way too much for a movie. That being said, I will go see Wolverine, but on discount nights.

    Anyway, thanks for updating those of us who don't know what's going on, movie-wise.

    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I didn't know you don't have television. You're not the only blogger visiting my place who doesn't have it, but it is always interesting to hear it. I do believe that not having a TV in the house can be very good and beneficial for the kids, for example. They grown into a totally different people when they're not bombarded with the trash from TV.

      Delete
    2. My bad. When I say TV, I mean cable or basic or any of that. That's just how we say it.

      We do have a television. It's connected to a 360 for NetFlix and that sort of thing.

      But I do agree, in that there's lots of trash. Hence, no TV.

      Delete
    3. We do exactly the same think Whisk. I get all my movie and tv infor from Dezzy

      Delete
    4. that's why Dezzy is here, ladies :)

      Delete
    5. Tim and I can't see paying for TV. So many commercials and crap on it.

      Delete
    6. yep, cable is expensive. It's expensive here too, but everybody has it since we have only about four or five national channels and they are all bad.

      Delete
  6. Jack looks like super fun. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been waiting for this one. It looks like an interesting take on the story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Ewan McGregor's hair and beard. Ha! He gets to play a very cheeky character. Should be fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore it, if I had any hair on meself :) I'd have a hairdo like that too :)

      Delete
  9. Momma's going to buy this one on DVD and keep it in her private stock. God, this looks great and the posters-very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and it is such a nice cast! Tones of nice names in it, imagine Bil Nighy as the twoheaded giant LOL

      Delete
  10. I love the looks of this and can't wait to see it! Thank you so much for the tweeting, sweetheart. Your support means the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be welcome, Melsy, I see that tones of people have retweeted my tweets after that, so we did the mission :)

      Delete
  11. Looks like a lot of fun - looking forward to this one :)

    Jamie @ Mithril Wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the trailer for this when I went to see the Hobbit. I'm curious but I don't think I'll go watch it until some reviews come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never trust anyone's reviews.... they are usually immature and without any guidelines and principles.

      Delete
  13. The trailers on this one just keep getting better and better. Not sure I'll see it in the movies but it's definitely one worth renting.

    I agree with your above comment, Dezz. Reviews are rarely accurate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. almost always, usually when I read reviews I have a feeling I'm from Mars and the rest of the world is from Uranus :) And most of the reviews are written by very dark people who trash everything warm and good and they work for the forces of evil such as Fincher, Tarantino etc

      Delete
    2. For me, I know a movie is going to funny when they say it's terrible but that's because my idea of funny is Hollywood's idea of terrible. Normally, when they say a movie is warm and fuzzy, I find it terrible and boring.

      Delete
    3. face it, Elsie, you is just terrible :PP

      Delete
  14. I never know why one is worse.... Hollywood or Bollywood.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.