Saturday, October 13, 2012

MICHELLE WILLIAMS GOES WW2 IN "SUITE FRANCAISSE"! JAMES FRANCO & GLENN CLOSE IN "THE GRACE THAT KEEPS THE WORLD"! CHARMING "EXCUSE ME FOR LIVING" TRAILER! DANNY DEVITO DIRECTS "HONEYMOON WITH DAD"

Well it seems that after her Oscar nominated performance in MY WEEKEND WITH MARILYN, super talented Michelle Williams might have another
Oscarworthy role in the future. "Variety" writes that she will take the lead role in Saul Dibb's (THE DUCHESS) new drama SUITE FRANCA- ISSE. The story revolves around Lucille Angellier, a young woman in Nazi occupied France who falls for a young German soldier while her husband is off fighting the war. Her only escape is playing the piano, which piques the interest of the soldier who was a composer before the war. As you already know, three time Oscar nominee also stars in OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL in which she will play good witch Glinda next year, alongside Rachel Weisz, James Franco and Milla Kunis. Earlier this year we've seen her as adulteress in TAKE THIS WALTZ drama.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
  In short movie news today, Danny DeVito will direct HONEYMOON WITH DAD. According to "Variety"  the story of this
movie follows an accountant who was left at the alter. He is subsequently forced to spend what would have been his honeymoon with his estranged father. Speaking of James Franco, he will appear in THE GRACE THAT KEEPS THE WORLD next to Glenn Close. "Deadline" says that the story follows a father and his sons who are preparing for their hunting trip. Their lives are upended when a young environmental cop begins investigating hunting violations, and secrets are revealed that may tear this family apart.

EXCUSE ME FOR LIVING CLIP
It's been a poor week when it comes to new clips, so the only trailer I have for you today is for a film which is currently showing in cinemas: crazy drama EXCUSE ME FOR LIVING is  actually a romantic
 comedy... in Recovery ! In theatres from October 12th, 2012 this movie brings the story of a charming suicidal druggie who must obey his rehab-clinic's demand to lead a seniors men's group or face incarceration and lose the love of his psychiatrist's daughter... As you will see in the trailer, it could be a rather cute and lovely movie in the end. The cast includes a lot of people whose names you might not know but you probably know their faces: Tom Pelphrey, Christopher Lloyd, Robert Vaughn, Melissa Archer, Ewa Da Cruz, Dick Cavett, Wayne Knight and Jerry Stiller!

32 comments:

  1. You always find the very best pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for Michelle's new projects, she is one of my favorite actresses. And that is a stunning pic of her.

    I love the trailer for EMFL, it looks charming and sad and funny, a potent combo of emotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had difficulties finding a nice pic of her, since she doesn't do a lot of photo sessions, but I see my boys like this one :)

      I also loved EMFL immediately :)

      Delete
  3. I'm quite safe with these as they're not my cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, sorry, Lurk, I could pour some whiskey into the tea and make it your cup? :)

      Delete
  4. Michelle Williams is really getting around these days :)

    Loved the trailer - and I didn't think I would. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't say any of these really pique my interest either, though I am looking forward to the first sneak peak at the Oz movie. Hurry up with that, would you? :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'tis Saturday, the poor day in the news department :( Come to think of it, all days except Wednesday and Thursday are poor days, and sometimes even those two are poor :(
      We've had the trailer for OZ, darling, click the link within the post :)

      Delete
    2. Well, duh. I'd forgotten you'd posted that clip already. Had to go back and look again.

      Sorry things are slow in movie news, but you always give us beautiful pictures to look at no matter what. :))

      Delete
    3. I was thinking of doing a spotlight on it soon, but not enough new pics and posters from it yet :(
      It is interesting that the spotlights I do (usually on the days when there are no news) are the most visited of my posts, by far :) And people go back to them throughout the year.

      Delete
  6. Hi Dezzy - Michelle is gorgeous. I haven't watched any of her recent movies. I need to catch up on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you'd probably like MY WEEKEND WITH MARILYN, Shells, Eddie Redmayne is superdelightful in it :)

      Delete
  7. Excuse Me Trailer is hilarious ~ Michelle's projects looks exciting ~ Thanks for all the updates dear ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. be welcome, darling, hope you are fine, haven't seen you around much recently :(

      Delete
    2. Too much work lately that it tires me to write and post ~

      I like the new autumn design background dear ~ Keep warm ~

      Delete
    3. ah, sorry to hear that, Grace, hope Autumn will bring you some relaxation and more free time. We miss you when you're not here :)
      Glad you like the falling leaves :)

      Delete
  8. Some great comedic talent in "Excuse Me For Living" but I wonder if the script will do them justice. Perhaps not, judging by the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fingers crossed, the film is already in cinemas :)

      Delete
  9. I haven't seen anythign with franco since pineapple express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen a lot of his work, either, Adam

      Delete
  10. I like Michelle, she will be brilliant!
    Oh, the clip is so fun~ I haven't seen Franco since the mountain flick...eeww! I like him, he will be great~

    oooh, I love the look of autumn, so clever of you! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like the autumn look, Ella :) I've tried a couple of different designs last night and settled with this, since it brings warmth to gloomy Autumn days :)

      Delete
  11. Excuse me for Living looks like it could be the next 500 days of Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always interested to see what what C. Lloyd is doing

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a fan of Franco and Danny DeVito's work as director has been hit and miss but I do generally like his work so it's good to hear he's stepping behind the camera once again. Thanks Dezzy for bringing this to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like Franco either, he is too arrogant, and I loved DeVito in previous decades, but not his work in ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA. He became somehow weird ...

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.