Friday, October 19, 2012

LIAM NEESON, ADRIEN BRODY, MILA KUNIS, JAMES FRANCO IN "THIRD PERSON"! MARK STRONG & BRIAN COX IN "MINDSCAPE"! DIANE KRUGER & ANTON YELCHIN IN "5 TO 7"! ANDREW LAU'S "THE GUILLOTINES" EPIC ACTION TRAILER

You do know how your HOLLYWOOD SPY loves ensemble films, and it seems that the new project of Oscar winner Paul Haggis (CRASH) is getting a truly stellar cast. His new movie THIRD PERSON will be a structurally complex drama following three couples living in Rome, Paris, and New York, with each pairing representing the beginning, the middle, and the end of a relationship. Adrien Brody and Moran Atias play the new couple who take a road trip through Italy. Liam Neeson and Kim Basinger portray the Paris couple, who are both writers. Mila Kunis and James Franco are playing the embattled New York couple. Casey Affleck has left the project and was replaced by Brody, but Maria Bello is also a new addition to the cast. The film should hit cinemas in 2014.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
  So, here's a nice cast: according to "Variety", two British thespians Mark Strong, who shined earlier this year in JOHN CARTER, and Brian Cox have joined sf thriller MINDSCAPE in which the story centres on a man
who has the unique ability to enter a person's mind. He examines a young girl to determine if she is a highly intellectual sociopath, or just a misguided teenager. Another casting update comes from romantic comedy 5 TO 7 which will have Diane Kruger and Anton Yelchin in the cast. Written and directed by MAD MEN creator, the film is set in New York, where an aspiring novelist (Yelchin) has a cinq-a-sept affair with the beautiful wife of a French diplomat (Kruger). Cultures, world views, personal ethics and dietary preferences clash as love deepens, with remarkable results in this romantic comedy.

THE GUILLOTINES TRAILER
And I have yet another Asian trailer for you. Directed by Andrew Lau, THE GUILLOTINES follows a secret assassination squad known as the Guillotines established by Emperor Yong Zheng to eliminate all who opposed him. Once heavily favored by the Emperor, the Guillotines
are deemed expendable once Emperor Qian Long ascends to the throne and adopts Western ideas and technology. To consolidate his power under a new regime, the Emperor continues to use the Guillotines to persecute the conquered Han Chinese in a reign of terror and oppression. Led by master fighter Leng, the top ranked guillotine squad consists of five young warriors: Mu, San, Tai, Hutu and Buka. Serving the Qing Court unquestioningly, they have never failed in 348 missions to eliminate their targets. But their success has made them arrogant and complacent. Their next mission is to eliminate Wolf and his Shepherd gang. During the operation, the squad manages to trap Wolf. Just as they are about to 
execute him, the squad commander orders that he be captured alive. He secretly plans to use Wolf as a pawn in his bid for power. Wolf's gang of rebels ambushes the Guillotines in their moment of hesitation. Wolf escapes, taking Mu hostage. With reports that Wolf has fled to the outer frontiers, the squad tracks him to a remote village outpost. On the other
hand, the Emperor has sent his most trusted agent Du for the same mission and most importantly, to end the era of the Guillotines by replacing cold weapons with firearms. If only they make one false move, they will become the hunted. Facing annihilation, Leng and his Guillotines must outfight and outwit enemies from both sides.

32 comments:

  1. Is that Mila Kunis pic photoshopped to cover up something? Because DAMN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, I just turned it upside down, since she was lying down in the original version :)

      Delete
    2. She is very cute. You have a great eye for detail, Dez. :)

      Delete
  2. Third Person sounds interesting but sometimes those movies are a bit hard to follow for pea brains like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will have to gather the brain strength :) for this one!

      Delete
  3. How are they going to put such great actors all in one movie?! That's too much hot for me to handle. Ohh how I love me some Mila and Franco ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's why they have to use the whole world as their stage :)

      Delete
  4. Mark Strong plays a good bad guy in a lot of movies. He's got that look that draws you in just before he guts you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd blame the eyes :) He was deeply magnetic in BLACK GOLD as Arabian sheikh!

      Delete
    2. this pic says it all:
      http://cineplex.media.baselineresearch.com/images/465631/465631_large.jpg

      Delete
  5. oh Dezzy Im sure I let a comment in the morning I said "I love Liam Neeson" and I repeat LOL
    Maybe because Im crazy I let the comment in other post???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love ensemble casts. I look forward to Third Person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be nice to see Liam Neeson in something classy for a change that isn't an action thriller.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the storyline of Mindscape ~ Strong looks really good ~

    Wishing you a wonderful day ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of all of these films. I especially like Paul Haggis' project. Wasn't Olivia Wilde supposed to be Neeson's wife in that? Or am I thinking of something else? I can't seem to get my brain in gear tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think she was, they've changed the cast quite a bit...

      Delete
  10. I like the look of the guillotines

    ReplyDelete
  11. Didn't give away much that trailer but still had me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder why Casey left? Hmmm, the questions that float through my brain at such things that shouldn't concern me.

    Mindscape sounds very interesting. Could you imagine having such an ability? I don't think I'd like it. It'd be a bit to creepy for me at times.

    Happy Friday, Dezzy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, probably not that one, although I do like special abilities :) I'm already an empath, and I wouldn't mind some additional powers :)

      Delete
  13. ooohhh....I read about Third Person...and I can't wait to see it...great cast!!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.