Tuesday, October 23, 2012

JUDE LAW & EMILIA CLARKE IN "DOM HEMINGWAY"! MELISSA MCCARTHY & SHIRLEY MCLAINE IN "TAMMY"! AMAZING LONDON MUSEUM EXHIBIT OF GOWNS FROM FAMOUS EPIC MOVIES! 1ST PICTURE FROM "VIKINGS" EPIC SHOW

A film which is currently being shot over in UK, DOM HEMINGWAY with Jude Law and Richard E. Grant, has got a female addition to the
 cast: Emilia Clarke, everybody's favourite GAME OF THRONES Dragon queen, will join the two British stars in the movie. The story of the film follows Jude Law's character, Dom Hemingway, a safe cracker with a loose fuse who after 12 years in prison travels with his best friend (played by Richard E. Grant) to collect what he’s owed for not ratting on crime bosses. Demian Bichir will play the French crime boss. As I've reported before, Emilia is also in the run to play the superhero's love interest next to Chris Evans in CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER, while Jude Law is ready for the award season with his magnificent portrayal of Karenin in ANA KARENINA.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Always hilarious Melissa McCarthy, whom we are about to see in IDENTITY THEFT next to Jason Bateman, is going ahead with her 
own project TAMMY, a comedy which she personally wrote. The update on the project, coming from "The Hollywood Reporter" hints that Melissa, who will take the lead role as well, might be joined in the cast by Shirley McLaine. The road trip comedy  will have the story which centres on a woman who is laid off from her job at Hardee’s, discovers her husband is having an affair and decides to go on a road trip with her alcoholic, foul-mouthed, diabetic grandmother. The granny would be played by Oscar winning Shirley :) As you know, you can currently see Shirley in British series DOWNTON ABBEY. A lovely treat for you today is the exclusive first pic from History Channel's first scripted series VIKINGS which will air sometime next year. The picture gives the first look at Travis Fimmel as a Viking warrior. You
can read more about the show in our extensive spotlight. VIKINGS are currently being shot over in Ireland, while BBC's epic series THE WHITE QUEEN has just started its production over in Belgium. Meanwhile, The Weinstein Company and Starz have also started preproduction on MARCO POLO series which will have a budget of $5 million per episode.

VICTORIA & ALBERT MUSEUM HOLLYWOOD COSTUME EXHIBIT
And here's something lovely. "The Hollywood Reporter" has published pics from Victoria and Albert Museum's 'Hollywood Costume' exhibit which has assembled an impressive collection of movie costumes that will be on display at the London museum from Oct. 20. Check out some of the gowns which will be seen there:
The first one is the majestic dress Cate Blanchett wore as the English queen in one of the most stunning epics ever to hit the big screen ELIZABETH: THE GOLDEN AGE. The film is deemed as one of the historical films with best costume designs ever.  Oscar winning costume designer Alexandra Byrne paid special attention to rich colours of the period.
There's also the famous dressed wore by Glenn Close in famous DANGEROUS LIAISONS. Oscar winning James Acheson deliberately made the costumes sexier to match the sexually tense plot of the movie.
As you remember Sandy Powell won an Oscar for her work on SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE and this royal dress worn by Judi Dench as the queen, was one of the richly embroided and beaded gowns.
Coming from the same film, this is the gown Gwyneth Paltrow wore when her character went to an audience with Judi Dench's queen Elizabeth. Gwyneth's dress was made from silk brocade with metallic thread, and was more modern that the real dresses from that period.

36 comments:

  1. I love everything Queen Elizabeth! I've seen all those movies. What beautiful dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the costumes in ELIZABETH movies with Blanchett were legendary and simply perfect :)

      Delete
  2. wow!!! I'd love to visit that museum...it looks amazing!!

    TO make it better, they should team up with madam tusou (I am sure I WRONGLY spelled that)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's Tussaud or something close to that :)
      Imagine the fun visiting the place :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, this post is full of awesome!! Vikings! Jude Law! Best picture ever of Melissa McCarthy (love the sound of the movie too), and costumes at the Victoria and Albert museum!!! I would love to see those dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was filled with great joy when I found that pic of Melissa :) Isn't it delightful? And it fits perfectly with the post :)

      Delete
    2. Is that supposed to be the Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland or Elizabeth I? Either way it's hilarious. :D

      Delete
    3. it is definitely a combination of both :) She also has pictures from the same photo shoot in which she looks like a tranny :)

      Delete
  4. Emilia Clarke. Enough said.

    I'm hoping VIKINGS is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew my boys would appreciate Emilia's pic :)
      I have high expectations from VIKINGS!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you gave that link to Identity Theft. I missed it the first time around. I adore Melissa McCarthy and Bridesmaids is one of my favorites because of her. I can't wait to see her in ID Theft.

    Good for her for doing her own project! I am so happy for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you will like the film, the trailer was a bit too harsh for me, didn't expect so much rudeness and violence in it :(

      Delete
    2. Well, you know me Dezzy, I'm rude and violent =PPP

      Delete
    3. yes, yes, I really don't know why I'm hanging out with you :PPPP

      Delete
  6. Love that gown exhibit, such exquisite dresses that I'd love to look at, but would never in a million want to wear. I haven't worn a dress since 1998. LOL

    Looking forward to Vikings for sure. Travis looks HOT. And I can't wait for Melissa's project. She is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who knows when I'll get to see any of those movies, but they all sound really good. Loved the dresses, and very happy I don't have to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, but I thought ladies love corset gowns :)

      Delete
  8. Those gowns are gorgeous. I agree with Carol...I'm glad I'm not wearing them.

    Dom Hemingway sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. people in middle ages sure did know how to make an outfit :)

      Delete
  9. Boy don't I wish I could go to that exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that the Vikings series is more than just one long violent gore fest. They tend to go for that sort of thing on the History Channel, as in the Hatfields and McCoys mini-series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you click on the link for the show within the post you will find the part where they say it will not be based on gore, but more on original visuals, and less on fast moving camera but more on well planned choreographies :)

      Delete
  11. a little off topic, but I've always had a distaste for Elizabeth I.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, she, like most other historical rulers, is very controversial. She did kill her own sister, after all.... and her mother was a conniving slut...

      Delete
  12. It would be cool to get to wear some of those Regency costumes. What a lot of clothes to put on at one time though.

    I love Jude Law, I'll sure be wanting to see this film.

    Have a good week Dezzy.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and just imagine that they didn't even bathe under all that clothes... Elizabeth bathed one or twice a year, and they considered her a hygiene freak LOL Imagine the smell at those old courts....

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. will post more pics as soon as we get them :)

      Delete
  14. I love Melissa McCarthy! She's wonderful even if the show she is in is stinky. ;)

    Those costumes must have been a pain to make, The detail is pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true, true, we love her witty charms :)
      They probably had dozens and dozens of slaves toiling upon those dresses!

      Delete
  15. Emilia is STUNNING ... WHOA!

    Play her against Jude Law and DOUBLE WHOA!

    What a hysterical pic of Melissa McCarthy..... HOW FUN, DEZ!

    Beaded gowns weight a TON. How did they ever move? I guess the corsets help to keep the back stiff enough to hold their weight. Could you imagine today's women in that garb.... Talk about a REVOLT! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed she is, Michael :)
      And double whoa indeed.
      I was very happy to find that delightful pic :)
      Yep, imagine riding a horse (or a human person LOL) in such heavy gowns :)

      Delete
  16. Vikings? Yes, please! Cannot wait. Love historicals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget to tune in later today, RAquel, because I have an info on yet another VIKING series :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.