Tuesday, June 19, 2012

JOHN CHO JOINS MATTHEW PERRY IN "GO ON"! NEW FAIRY TALE CHARACTERS IN "ONCE UPON A TIME" 2ND SEASON! AARON PAUL IN HBO'S "THE MISSIONARY"! DELIGHTFUL "LOVE BIRDS" TRAILER

So, tell me who is your favourite Asian actor in Hollywood. I kinda like John Cho a lot. Beside filming the sequel to mega successful STAR TREK film in which he plays Sulu, the adorable South Korean actor has now also added a new TV project: according to "Digital Spy" he has become a regular cast member of Matthew Perry's new sitcom GO ON in which the FRIENDS' star plays a sports radio host who loses his wife in a tragic accident and later bonds with the members of his therapy group. Cho starred in the show's pilot as Perry's boss who assigns him to therapy and will continue to appear on a regular basis. Cho has had guest roles in UGLY BETTY, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER and FLASH FORWARD.
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
And for those of you who are huge fans of ABC's worldwide hit show ONCE UPON A TIME which is set in two parallel worlds one inhabited by fairy tale characters and the other by their counterparts
 from reality, have you been wondering which fairy tale heroes might appear in the second show after Show White, Cinderella, Pinocchio, Red Riding Hood... have all made their appearance in the first season? Well, show's producer Jane Espenson has recently mentioned Ariel from "The Little Mermaid", Goldilocks, princess Aurora from "Sleeping Beauty" and "Aladdin"'s Princess Jasmine as some of the characters that may appear in season two. She has also revealed that the second season will be quite different from the first one. Meanwhile BREAKING BAD's star Aaron Paul is in talks to take the lead role in HBO's new Cold War show THE MISSIONARY about a young American missionary who finds himself getting involved with the CIA in 1960s Berlin.

LOVE BIRDS TRAILER
 I'm sure you will agree with me that those Ozzies and Kiwis always have the most delightful films and here's one of those: New Zealand
film LOVE BIRDS has been picked up for US distribution and will debut in cinemas this week. The film starring Rhys Darby (Flight of the Conchords) and Sally Hawkins (Happy-Go-Lucky, Jane Eyre), is a delightful romantic comedy featuring the music of Queen, about a recently single man who finds an injured duck and reluctantly decides to nurse it back to health. This propels him on a new journey of self-discovery that leads him into the arms of a veterinarian who, as a single mother, shows him a new way to look at life.

38 comments:

  1. I prefer Grimm to Once Upon A Time myself.... but I am all over that new Aaron Paul show if that pans out... he is so good in Breaking Bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harold and Kumar - you missed Harold and Kumar.
    Once upon a time and Grimm both are like tranquiliers for me, they put me to sleep rightaway. :)

    And I think you would like this post, ;-)
    http://on.thepenismysword.com/2012/06/featured-link-of-day-blowoff-is.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't follow such comedies, so I didn't even record it in my brain :)
      I haven't watched GRIMM, I know a lot of people like it, but ONCE UPON A TIME is magnificent, mostly, not all episodes, but mostly.

      Delete
  3. I like Cho but also Tim Kang from The Mentalist and Rambo to name a few!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am way behind on Once Upon a Time! So far, I'm more of a fan of Grimm, but OUAT is pretty cool too (mainly for Robert Carlyle)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been enjoying Once Upon A Time and it's good to hear about the 2nd season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so it finally came down to Oz?

      Delete
    2. yes!! It took 5 months of advertising saying "COMING SOON!". Liars!

      Delete
    3. so I reckon the second season will come next year, not this Fall :)

      Delete
  6. The Love Birds trailer is so cute...~ sigh ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is very cute :) love and animals and romance - winning combination.

      Delete
  7. I like John Cho a lot too, he seems like a cool guy. I'll give The Missionary a chance just to see Aaron Paul in another role. Oh nooooo a romantic comedy, say it aint so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he does seem rather cool!
      You do know that HOLLYWOOD SPY is the biggest central for epic films and shows and for romantic ones too :PPP

      Delete
  8. I'm so glad that Go On is still a go. I just have a special place in my heart for Matthew Perry after all he's been through. I also like John Cho, but for Harold and Kumar & Star Trek! I'm excited for Star Trek because it has one of my fav's in it...Simon Pegg - please tell me you love Simon Pegg, Dezz, please!!! =)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I do know whom he played in STAR TREK but I don't remember him at all from the film, which is not a good sign :)))
      But I do adore Perry. FOOLS RUSH IN with him and Salmonela Hayek is one of the most fun films from that decade.

      Delete
    2. My heart just broke a little, Dezz. Pegg played Scotty =)

      Delete
    3. LOL unbreak my heart.... I hear Toni Braxton's hit.

      Delete
  9. Like Cho too. Still say Aaron Paul would have been a better choice for mcclanes son. What is it with all the disney princess types being used? I know it is a disney channel but still. Rather see Abu than jasmine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I do agree, although Jai Courtney will be great too, he's a great guy!
      You do know that I could easily use against you the fact that you prefer Abu to Jasmine :)

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah he'll do good, just doesn't look like he'd pass as McClane's son.

      The show has enough friggin princesses and such, how many do you need? At least Abu would make things interesting, other than another lovey dovey whiny princess..haha

      Delete
    3. according to latest news, they will have two new princesses, Anastasia and Mangolia, the second being an action Asian princess and the first one a spoiled rich one.

      Delete
  10. Ohh, I can't WAIT to see Season 2 of Once Upon a Time!!!! Ariel is my favorite Disney princess. Can't wait to see who plays her!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it should be great fun now that the curse has been broken :) Hope they will stick to fantasy and not to crime investigation.

      Delete
  11. I like John Cho too. Wasn't he the transvestite lover in "M. Butterfly" too?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm psyched to see more Aaron Paul after Breaking Bad finished up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No doubt a new show with Aaron Paul will be great. Hes done such an excellent job in Breaking Bad

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Birds sounds totally adorable! I love a good romance and not these sappy ones that H-wood seems intent on producing.

    John Cho is awesome and I cannot wait for the second season of Once Upon a Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the films seems like one of those adorable Down Under wonderfully inspiring films such as STRICTLY BALLROOM, MURIEL'S WEDDING...

      Delete
  15. I'm gonna have to check out the TV show Go On. It sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.