Saturday, May 19, 2012

TRAILERS FOR "THE WORDS" WITH BRADLEY COOPER, JEREMY IRONS, OLIVIA WILDE & "ARROW" TV SHOW! JOHN CUSACK JOINS "GRAND PIANO". DISNEY ADAPTS "PETER & THE STARCATCHERS"!

We're having a trailer day today at HOLLYWOOD SPY. The first one is for THE WORDS, a thriller which will open up in cinemas this September with the story which revolves around an aspiring writer (played by Bradley Cooper) who claims another man's long lost work as his own only to find there are steep consequences when ambition is valued above life's most fundamental, impassioned three words. The other man is played by Jeremy Irons, but there are other famous faces in the cast too: Olivia Wilde, Zoe Saldana, John Hannah, Ben Barnes and Dennis Quaid. Check out the rather dramatic trailer which promises a film that might actually touch the audience.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
 Well, if you ask me, there's never enough epic adventures on the big screens, so this comes as a nice piece of news to me: according to "Deadline" Disney is finally moving on with the movie adaptation of 
the best selling book for children PETER AND THE STAR CATCHERS by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. The evocative and fast-paced adventure on the high seas is set on a faraway island, where an orphan boy named Peter and his pretty, mysterious new friend, Molly, overcome bands of pirates and thieves in their quest to keep a fantastical secret safe and save the world from evil. Meanwhile, John Cusack has joined Elijah Wood in GRAND PIANO, which follows a famous concert pianist whose stage fright has kept him from playing for years. Upon giving into the request to perform a show, the musician discovers that he must keep playing without a single mistake, or a madman will take both his and his wife's life.

GREEN ARROW TRAILER
I've been mentioning CW's new show ARROW a lot recently since it has been ordered for a whole season, and now you have the honour to watch the first trailer for the upcoming series. After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific
. When he returns home to Starling City, his devoted mother Moira,  sister Thea, and best friend Tommy welcome him home, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While Oliver hides the truth about the man he's become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was. Most particularly, he seeks reconciliation with his former girlfriend, Laurel Lance. As Oliver reconnects with those closest to him, he secretly creates the persona of Arrow - a vigilante - to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory. By day, Oliver plays the role of a wealthy, carefree and careless philanderer he used to be
 - flanked by his devoted chauffeur/bodyguard, John Diggle - while carefully concealing the secret identity he turns to under cover of darkness. However, Laurel's father, Detective Quentin Lance, is determined to arrest the vigilante operating in his city. Meanwhile, Oliver's own mother, Moira, knows much more about the deadly shipwreck than she has let on - and is more ruthless than he could ever imagine.

52 comments:

  1. Bleh on Green Arrow. What happened to my blond Green Arrow from Smallville? This new guy is dumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon you haven't paid enough attention on his yummy muscles then :)

      Delete
  2. I have hopes for Green Arrow...but they'd be higher on a better network.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Green Arrow. I think I'll be watching that one. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of Green Arrow (minus the Green). Looks like a good take on the character :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm liking the look of The Words - and yeah, I'd give Arrow a spin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's an intriguing trailer, isn't it? I expected some action thriller, but it seems it will be a very moving and impressive drama with great pace.

      Delete
  6. The trailer on the Words is amazing...just my kind of movie. And I like that Arrow trailer too.

    I have been busy at work Dez but finally have the chance to visit you. Its going to be a long weekend here in Canada ~

    Happy day ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. here too, Heaven. Hope next week won't be too tough on us :)

      Delete
  7. That trailer is a keeper. I like it. Bradley Cooper , that guy has only looks and all his movies - someone need to pay me to watch those

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the trailer a lot too. I've noticed that a lot of people don't like Cooper for some reason.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. the first one I suppose :)

      Delete
    2. yeah, i admit i didn't even watch the second one though

      Delete
    3. LOL yep, THE WORDS should be a great one with special atmosphere, at least according to the trailer.

      Delete
  9. Is The Words adapted from a book? It looks very promising and I love seeing Olivia Wilde. I've missed seeing her on House every week since she's left and enjoyed getting to see her again the other night for her small guest appearance.

    Arrow looks very good! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that one this fall.

    Thanks Dezz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea. But the cast does look nice.
      There will be more trailers for new shows coming up Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday here at Spy :)

      Delete
  10. You know I'll be here =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you'll like some of them :) At least the horror one, similar to A.H. STORY.

      Delete
    2. *jumping up and down!* A horror trailer! Now, I'm really getting excited, Dezz! You are too awesome. Have I told you lately, you rock??? No? Go read my dedication post again - but wait a little bit, I'm changing the spelling of your name...to two z's...

      Delete
    3. My name was always spelled with double Z, I'm not sure why some people are writing it with only one Z :) Me is Dezz :)

      Delete
    4. I don't know where I saw it with one Z, but I saw it somewhere along the line and just noticed my mistake. I wish I had noticed it when I first posted the dedication. Super sad face =(

      But, it's fixed now!!

      Delete
    5. most people don't notice that I write the short version with double Z to be special :))) Not that I mind, it's just a silly name, which isn't even my real name :)

      Delete
    6. Sorry about that, DEZZ!

      Delete
    7. oh, LOL, don't make a drama out of it, people :)

      Delete
  11. For obvious reasons, I'm more attracted to The Words than the Arrow movie but both look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE WORDS really look interesting, even to nonwriters :)

      Delete
  12. Actually all of those look pretty interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooooooooooo the words trailer looks really really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ehh, I think Bradley Cooper is overrated! But, I am a little excited for Green Arrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but the film is good though :)
      ARROW should be your new doze of hotness in the evenings :) Be sure to check out BEAUTY AND THE BEAST trailer that I will be posting on Monday probably.

      Delete
  15. The Words looks good to me. There seems to be a moral to the story and I think we need to see more movies that point out that there are negative consequences to bad actions. It does also look like there would be food for thought and some good conversation.

    I have to say I was excited about Arrow (he's hot okay), but after seeing the trailer I'm less interested. The combination of excessive wealth and violence leaves me cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was my thought as well, Annzie, it does seem like a movie which leaves you thinking and I loved the spirit of the trailer. Definitely one of the better clips we've seen this year.

      Yep, ARROW left me disappointed a bit too, but we shall have to see it and give our final mark.

      Delete
  16. Arrow sounds a lot like the Green Arrow character from the comics. Is this like a spin-off of sorts?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have to admit, at first I was like ehh both of these don't sound terribly interesting. But the trailers both look really good. There's so much good stuff coming out, I can't keep up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, you need to put up a list on paper of the things you need to see :)

      Delete
  18. The Arrow trailer definitely looks good. And Cooper just can't seem to breakaway from those slacker roles. His characters in Hangover, Limitless, etc. always want maximum reward for little or no work. It's no wonder they're punished. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did do some physical work in KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL, which was a very cute show. Wish someone would make a new show set in the world of food :)

      Delete
    2. He did! I forgot about that. And yes, I do wish someone would set a show in the world of food.

      Delete
  19. The words sounds like a Murder of Crows basically and The Green Arrow does look pretty good, but that is just a trailer and trailers can do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we shall keep our fingers and toes crossed for ARROW

      Delete
  20. I went to the theater yesterday and saw THE WORDS preview...whoa! Oooh, I love me some vigilante! I love these type of stories~ :D

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.