Thursday, May 10, 2012

NICOLE KIDMAN HAS "THE FAMILY FANG"! VINCE VAUGHN TO FATHER 533 KIDS IN "STARBUCK"! HAYLEY ATWELL IN "10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT LIFE"! TRAILER FOR EVA MENDES' "GIRL IN PROGRESS"

Ah, that Nicole Kidman really is a busy woman, beside shooting
THE RAILWAYMAN period series with Colin Firth, BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP drama about a woman who has a 24 hours memory span and maybe becoming GRACE OF MONACO, she has now been attached to star in THE FAMILY FANG. It's a very weird story based on Kevin Wilson's best-selling book, which follows two performance artist parents, who would always force their children to participate in these bizarre events. When their grown children return with crises of their own, the parents suck them into pulling off one final and daring act, even though the kids blame these performances for how badly their lives turned out. Nicole is currently shooting Wentworth Miller's mystery thriller STOKER with Matthew Goode, Lucas Till and Dermot Mullroney.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Talking about weird parenting and weird stories, here's another one: as "Variety" reports Vince Vaughn will star in the American remake of French film STARBUCK in which the story centres on a middle-aged
man who has fathered 533 children through sperm donations. Given the nickname Starbuck, he struggles to decide if he wants to meet a couple hundred of his children, who have come forward in seeking him out. The same site also reports that THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH and CAPTAIN AMERICA actress Hayley Atwell will star in 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT LIFE, the story of two relatable, ordinary people with normal jobs and normal desires whose seemingly great lives have become unmanageable, two people who go to the same place at the same time to end it. … Their chance meeting is so awkward, so raw, and so funny, they postpone their intentions and go their separate ways.

GIRL IN PROGRESS
And since this week has been extremely poor with trailers, the only one I have for you is for a film which opens this weekend.GIRL IN PROGRESS follows Grace (Eva Mendes) a single mom who is too busy juggling work, bills, and the very married Dr. Hartford
(Matthew Modine), to give her daughter, Ansiedad (Cierra Ramirez) the attention she desperately needs. When Ansiedad's English teacher, Ms. Armstrong (Patricia Arquette), introduces her students to classic coming-of-age stories, Ansiedad is inspired to skip adolescence and jump-start her life without mom. While Grace becomes preoccupied with the increasing affections of her co-worker (Eugenio Derbez), Ansiedad enlists the help of her loyal friend, Tavita (Raini Rodriguez), to plot her shortcut to adulthood. But as her misguided plan unravels, Ansiedad and Grace must learn that sometimes growing-up means acting your age.

45 comments:

  1. I still don't see Nicole Kidman as Princess Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 533 kids is just frightening. It must be a thriller or horror flick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that is a ton of kids. He has enough there for his own town. I agree that has to be a horror movie..lol

    Kidman is busy, she's hit or miss most of the time though and yeah don't see her as any princess.

    Only hate 10 things about life? I think they need to add another 0 to that..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and so much kids means he really must be a wanker...
      No princess for sure....
      or two zeros ...

      Delete
    2. Two zeros, geez you have a lot of hate in you Dez, ten times more than the cat, that is quite the feat..haha

      Yep quite the bloody wanker.

      Delete
  4. The movie about 533 sounds pretty good, had no idea about it. I remember hearing about some guy who fathered some 500 kids through sperm donations...now I get to see the movie...with Vince Vaughn...what more could I ask for haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. STARBUCK? Sounds extremely funny. 533 children??
    All the french will become greek and egyptians then and overflow of incest? Did that superdad offer badges to all his spawns to prevent the inter-spawning between bros and sis?
    GIRL IN PROGRESS - sounds lot like 13 going on 30 Jenniefer Garner movie. Every woman loves to reverse the clock never ever fast forward, these hollywoodies should swap their brain.
    NICOLE KIDMAN was all hot and sexy till she divorced that Super cool Tom Cruise, the same will happen to Jolie with Brad Pitt is removed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cruise being cool is a news to me, sister, my psychological opinion is that he is an utter looney. Brad must be looney too since he married the ebil queen...

      Delete
  6. I usually like Nicole Kidman in a movie, so I'm looking forward to all these upcoming ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Dez, you know I love my comedy so Vince Vaughn is, of course someone I will watch, just not in the movies. I'll wait. 533 kids? and this is a French remake? I'm surprised, I thought only we Americans wrote the silly/goofy stuff. lol =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl in progrss looks cool I wish more modern movies showed up on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Eva Mendez, but I'm not sure how I feel about that move. But, Starbuck sounds different! If anyone can pull that off, it's Vince Vaughn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicole Kidman needs to stop getting plastic surgery so that her face will move again.

    Prometheus got slapped with a rated-R rating. That makes it the most expensive 200 million dollar rated R film ever made. I think that's newsworthy Mr. Hollywood Spy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's deeply in love with bottox....

      It is, but I'm so devastated with what happened to JOHN CARTER that I've lost all enthusiasm for all other movies this summer, and will probably recover with THE HOBBIT :(((

      Delete
  11. I'm in love with this Girl in Progress. I love stories about girls finding their way and there just aren't enough of them in this boy-centric universe. Can't wait til BRAVE! ;)

    Hope you are having a great day, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a tiresome one, and a hot one, hope I will relax a bit this weekend.

      Delete
  12. I can't say I'm interested in any of these. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a bad week in movie news business, Damien... :(

      Delete
  13. The premise of Before I go to Sleep sounds very familiar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've mentioned it a lot of times, Scottie, since I translated the book as well....

      Delete
  14. When I was a little girl I thought Princess Grace was the most beautiful woman in the world. Kidman's face is a bit severe for the soft delicate beauty of Grace.

    I don't know about The Family Fang, it sounds strange, but it may surprise me and be okay.

    Starbuck equals yuck to me. Just the title alone pus me off. It reminds me of Starbucks which is just another horrid American behemoth that has attempted to westernize the globe. 533 children is not something to be proud of. And I though octamom had a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she was the most beautiful woman to me too, Annzie, and still is. Most other people think Taylor and Monroe, but Grace was always the most beautiful for me.

      Don't let me start on that ebil octamom creature. Such creatures represent everything I despise on this planet...

      Delete
    2. I can't believe they allow her to collect children like they were bits of jewelry. And then she does these PR things in 3rd world countries and acts like she's a goodwill ambassador. People are too easily fooled by the media.

      Delete
    3. Wait, by octamom you mean Ebilina Jolie or that horrid American women who has no money and went on artificial insemination and got eight babies?
      And I had a two day fit when Madonna bought herself a kid on Malawi :(

      Delete
  15. Just told Anne it's Bunny Day... and I was right. And this one can act, too. 533 children... no kidding. Here's another movie I look forward to: Ten Things I Hate About That Captain America Movie. Do you know how you know you're getting old? When the actors and actresses you identified with as a teen now appear on the big screen as parents or grandparents... No?! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I guess :) It will happen to me when Kate Winslet starts playing mothers and grandmothers (she did the second one in one of the best films ever READER)

      Delete
    2. Well, at least she can act, right? I still need to check out that movie.

      Delete
    3. oh, you must, it's on my TOP 15 BEST FILMS EVER. But you need to understand the complex political issues in the film in order to like its enlightening nature.

      Delete
    4. Just checked it out on amazon.com only to realize I have in fact seen it. Yes, that's a good movie, Dez. Especially the uncensored version.

      Delete
    5. there's a censored version? I guess I'm lucky to live in Europe, since nothing is censored here. They even air SPARTACUS with all the nude willies and boobies in the middle of the evening :)

      Delete
  16. ooh! i think girl in progress might be kind of cute. i hope the mom learns her lesson. poor kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate such parents.... hate, hate, hate...

      Delete
  17. Seriously, I'm going to check out family fang on amazon because that sounds like too cool of a story to skip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he glad I informed you of that book, Libster :)

      Delete
  18. Dez, we've just had a call from the Hubby's neurosurgeon and the news is bad. Two major surgeries, one in the neck and one in the lower spine. I've slammed up a quick post explaining what's going on and why I may drop off the blogoshpere suddenly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bad news, my dear, I've sent you an e-mail. I will be keeping my fingers crossed!

      Delete
  19. My prayers will be with Anne tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Baur, we shall keep her in our thoughts in the upcoming days!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.