Thursday, May 3, 2012

LUKE EVANS AS VILLAIN IN "FAST & THE FURIOUS 6"? "ANOMALY" SF EPIC! ELIJAH WOOD IN "GRAND PIANO"! VIN DIESEL'S "RIDDICK" TO HAVE "UNDERVERSE" & "FURYA" SF SEQUELS

Here's a great piece of news for all of you action flick fans: you know that one of the most successful action franchises FAST AND THE FURIOUS is getting its sixth instalment, and now, according
to "Collider", our favourite Welsh star, ultra talented and super charismatic Luke Evans, has been offered the role of the lead villain, the same one which Jason Statham opted not to take recently. If Luke accepts the role he will have to fight against Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel in the upcoming film. The movie, which should start shooting in Europe this June, would give him an unusual opportunity to play a bad guy, since Luke has always portrayed the roles of heroes, charmers and gods so far, from playing Apollo in CLASH OF THE TITANS, to playing Zeus in IMMORTALS, to playing Aramis in THE THREE MUSKETEERS, and to playing a good detective in THE RAVEN. He is currently shooting THE HOBBIT over at New Zealand. In Peter Jackson's fantasy saga, Luke again plays a good guy and possibly the biggest hero of the story, Bard, leader of men!

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Similar to most LORD OF THE RINGS stars, Elijah Wood hasn't had much success after the famous epic,but now he has a new project:
"The Hollywood Reporter" writes today that he will star in GRAND PIANO, as a concert pianist  who returns after a five-year break from performing. However, when he sits down at the piano, he sees a menacing note on his sheet music. He must give the performance of a lifetime or else a mysterious madman will kill him and his wife. The project was described as "Speed" at a piano. Meanwhile, Vin Diesel has revealed that Universal might release his sf epic RIDDICK as early as next January and that they are also interested in producing two more instalments in the famous saga about the brave galactic warrior which will be titled UNDERVERSE and FURYA!

Here's an interesting sf project: according to "MovieWeb" graphic novel ANOMALY written by a Hollywood lawyer Skip Brittenham (whose clients include Harrison Ford, Eddie Murphy, Harvey Weinstein), will be adapted into a sf movie. The complex, 370 pages
graphic novel (already proclaimed the biggest colour graphic novel ever, a mix of LOTR and STAR WARS) to be published in October, takes place in the year 2717, where humans have colonized the whole galaxy and a giant conglomerate mines alien planets for natural resources. The plot
centres on a group of explorers who are drawn into a massive conflict on a new planet. The authors consulted professors of religion, science, and philosophy to make this world as accurate as possible. The film will be produced by ALICE IN WONDERLAND's Joe Roth!

ANNOUNCEMENT! 
And, my little freaks, I will be gone till the weekend, I'm going to have some Borg equipment implanted into me for better spying, so I won't be around to respond to your comments right away, but I did schedule a new post for Friday, so you will have something interesting to read. Keep fingers crossed for me and make me proud by being naughty while I'm gone ;) 

50 comments:

  1. Eek; I might actually be a first commenter. Wow.

    I was so disappointed in Elijah Wood with his Wilfred role. I haven't been able to watch the advertisements for the series, so I seen any of the episodes. I hope Grand Piano is a better movie.

    Luke does look a little sinister in the photo; I love seeing "good guys" getting to play a bad guy occasionally :)

    I hope all goes well with your surgery Dezzy; you will certainly be missed. Take it easy as you recover.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's always the first time for everything ;PPP
      It does sound like GRAND PIANO could be intense and dynamic.
      Luke will most certainly do good in any role he gets, he is just that good :)
      Thanks, Donnzie, I will be posting from my bed as soon as I get conscious again LOL

      Delete
  2. ANOMALY looks interesting.

    Be Naughty. Done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does, doesn't it? I Googled the comic and the visuals are amazing.
      That's my Joshie :)

      Delete
  3. ooohhhh...intrigue and mystery...will you come back with a new outfit too!!

    Thanks for popping over to my place...you could have kept the epic reading for your recovery!!! (as if you haven't got a pile of great reading waiting already). I'll be thinking of you and wishing you speedy recovery, dear Dezzie.

    Hugs, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just with a new body, Jennzie :)
      thanks for thinking of me tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. There needs to be a sequel to Fast Five because they hinted at the end of it that Leticia was still alive. I was like..."NO YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT!!!"

    So yeah. I wanna know what happened with Letty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea how she is, Mikey, since I haven't seen a single film from the franchise :) but she must be something special :) Michelle Rodriguez is coming back if that is her?

      Delete
  5. Better Borg equipment for spying on the cat!!! Hooray!!

    My fingers are crossed for you and the naughtiness has begun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, and the Borg are sending one of their cubes as our protection while I'm not here. I hear the cat is plotting with Klingons against us! And he wants to throw down the alliance while empress Annzie and my Imperial Naughtiness are away. He doesn't know we left you as our Imperial Regent in charge :)

      Delete
    2. Pffft that cat is not afriad of the former eyeball picture stealer. One poke and the cat will win!

      Delete
    3. Pffft!!! My newest picture shows you that I have expanded my horizons cat! Watch your flea ridden back!

      Delete
    4. show him, ELsie, show him who's the boss :)
      I'm back people. Not fully operational, but back, and even in this condition I can wring cat's tail!

      Delete
  6. Anomaly does look rather interesting, never heard of it before. And Fast 6 sounds good to me, as long as it keeps the main characters in it, I'm sure it will be a fun one to watch, on a low scale pop corn standard of course but that is all one needs sometimes. Two more Riddick ones as well? What is Vin Diesel doing, being a two hit wonder with two series and that is it?..haha

    Good luck, hope all goes well and you come back so the cat can cause you ummm heck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does! It still hasn't been released, but I've seen parts of the comics around the web and they look great.
      If I smell a cat near my clinic bed, I will know it's you coming to turn off the machines, but it will be a trap, cat, a trap! You will find Dolly Parton lying there instead of me, and me dropping down from the ceiling MISSION IMPOSSIBLE style to smash your printer!

      Delete
    2. Dolly Parton? Blah I think I may drop dead and waste a life of a heart attack. She'd be scary, that Rhinestone movie or whatever it was called with Rambo still scares me. You will never smash my printer for it is no longer winter.

      Delete
    3. I survived, cat! At least me thinks me is alive, which means your assassination attempts weren't successful!

      Delete
  7. A mix of LOTR and star wars ah that movie is going to be a hit... or a mis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fortunately, naughty comes naturally to me. While you're getting your Borg implants, I'll be busy cleaning out the goodies in your fridge, putting my feet up on your fancy coffee table, and watching my favorite Keira Knightly movie on your big screen television.

    Don't worry about a thing while you're gone...I've got it all under control. Er, does your cat always jump that high when the bass is turned up to eleven?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK you can do all of that if you promise to keep under control Pat the Cat who will most certainly, according to my latest intelligence update, launch an attack on my headquarters while I'm not here.
      If you do that, I might even leave a cake for you in the fridge :)

      Delete
    2. Does he know I'm a trained assassin?

      Ooh, cake!

      Delete
    3. Pfft the cat isn't afraid one bit. For now he has control and will take a stroll.

      Delete
    4. doesn't seem you have the control, cat, since all the ladies are on my side, Dezzy's angel army :)

      Delete
  9. The Blue Man keeps his fingers crossed for you, Dezzmeister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Blue, and keep an eye on the ebil cat while me is not here :)

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha that's funny. Let's say we'll stay in touch.

      Delete
  10. ...Yeah, I was wondering where on earth Elijah Wood had disappeared to. I'd seen him on television chat shows a few times but haven't seen him in a film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he apparently has some weird TV show, but I've never seen it.

      Delete
  11. Dezzy - Hope you are alright. Take care. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back and alive, at least I hope so :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  12. Oh, Dez!!! Good luck with the borg stuff!! You'll be missed :)

    Elijah Wood doesn't seem like much of a pianist to me. But, the idea of the movie sounds different at least. I loved Lord of the Rings, but I didn't like how Wood portrayed Frodo. To me, he just looked constipated all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!I'm back!
      you, know I think I will agree with your opinion on Frodo looking constipated :)))

      Delete
  13. Another Fast and Furious? Well, the last one was fantastic. Have a great break! See you when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd like some borg equipment, give some to me!

    Also, my parents have told me that I don't have to pay them back but I personally want to. It just doesn't feel right borrowing money from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sending a Borg cube to bring you some equipment :)

      Delete
  15. Thinking of you my dear Dezzy. Wishing you a fast recovery HUGS xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Summer, I' back, Typing from bed, but back :)

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. it was a health related break, but thanks, Scottie

      Delete
  17. Exciting news all around for Luke and Vin. Good for them! Speed at a piano? Sounds like it could be interesting. Good for Elijah.

    You take of yourself, sweetheart. I'll be thinking about you as you go through this Borg procedure. Be well, my darling.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with your procedure, Dez -- recover quickly and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahah, well hope your 'Borg' procedure is going smoothly Dez, I guess you do suffer for your 'art' don't you? :D

    Luke in FAST AND THE FURIOUS?? Blech, I don't really care for that franchise and I think Luke is too talented for such a role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I survived, Flixy, still in bed, but alive.. for now :)
      He is, but he has no other roles in the near future after THE HOBBIT, so I guess he has to take every chance

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.