Monday, May 21, 2012

CW'S "BEAUTY AND THE BEAST" TRAILER WITH KRISTIN KREUK & JAY RYAN! CATE BLANCHETT IN "CAROL"! NEW VIKING EPIC "HAMMER OF THE GODS" WITH CHARLIE BEWLEY!

 You know how much HOLLYWOOD SPY adores the extremely talented Australian thespian and the best living actress Cate Blanchett and now it seems she finally has a new project: "Screen Daily" reports that Blanchett and Mia Wasikowska will take the lead roles in CAROL, which will be a movie adaptation of Patricia Highsmith's bestseller THE PRICE OF SALT. To start shooting next February in London, the story of the movie follows the burgeoning relationship between two very different women in 1950s New York. One, a girl in her twenties works in a department store and dreams of a more fulfilling life, and the other is a wife trapped in a loveless, moneyed marriage. The heartbreaking story will be directed by John Crowley (IS ANYBODY THERE).

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Here's another upcoming epic project: currently shooting in London and in Wales, we have HAMMER OF THE GODS. Vertigo Films production is set Set in Viking Britain in 871 AD, and according
to "The Screen Daily" the story of the film is described as “a visceral, intense tale set in a world whose only language is violence”. The film will follow a young Viking warrior, Steinar (played by TWILIGHT's blond hunk Charlie Bewley), sent by his father the King on a quest to find his estranged brother. Stylish and barbaric film will also have Ivan Kaye ("Dark Shadows") and James Cosmo ("Braveheart", "Game Of Thrones") in the cast.

 BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
And here's a trailer for CW's Fall series BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. Detective Catherine Chandler is a smart, no-nonsense homicide detective. Several years earlier, Catherine witnessed the murder of her
mother at the hands of two gunmen. Catherine would have been killed too, but someone - or something - saved her. No one has ever believed her, but she knows it wasn't an animal that attacked the assassins...it was human. Years have passed, and Catherine is a strong, confident, capable police officer. While investigating a murder, Catherine discovers a clue that leads her to a handsome doctor named Vincent Keller, who was reportedly killed by enemy fire while serving in Afghanistan in 2002. Catherine learns that Vincent is actually still alive and that it was he who saved her many years before. For mysterious reasons that have forced
 him to live outside of traditional society, Vincent has been in hiding for the past 10 years to guard his secret - when he is enraged, he becomes a terrifying beast, unable to control his super-strength and heightened senses. Catherine agrees to protect his identity in return for any insight he may have into her mother's murder. Thus begins a complex relationship between Catherine and Vincent, who are powerfully drawn to each other yet understand that their connection is extremely dangerous for both of them. The series stars Kristin Kreuk (Smallville) as Catherine, Jay Ryan (Terra Nova) as Vincent, Max Brown (The Tudors) as Evan.

57 comments:

  1. Beauty and the Beast looks like its targeted towards the twilight fans. It's the "Charming monster/beast/vampire/werewolf saves girl" story LOL, I'll have to pass on that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's true, they're airing that one for TWILIGHT fans and ARROW for SMALLVILLE fans.

      Delete
    2. Have no idea why there's such large gaps between the words. Must have messed something up.

      Delete
    3. That makes sense, that's what came to mind when I was reading it.

      Delete
    4. I will be airing some other trailers for new shows tomorrow and the whole next week, so stayed tune, there will be horrors, actions and adventures :)

      Delete
  2. Dezzy - I love Cate B.

    As for Beauty and the Beast... I'm not sure. Might be too cheesy for me tastes.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we adore Cate B. and most other celebrity Cates :)

      Delete
  3. Funny how in the original show, Vincent was a beast all the time and this guy gets to live as handsome rich man by day and only becomes "beast" when he's mad. And not even a particularly vile looking beast either, just some eye changes, fangs and bit more facial hair. Ah well, the Twilight crowd indeed. :)

    I love, love Cate and this new movie sounds quite intriguing, though I do wish her co-star was someone other than Mia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but we do like him all pretty :)
      Yes, my feeling exactly, I can't stand that Mia person....

      Delete
  4. I'm not convinced at all by Beauty and the Beast, I really feel like watching Smallville :S And come on, she played Snow White already, why does she have to be "Belle" too? Again, there are many unknown talented actresses who want to be famous so... ^^
    Yet the face of the beast seems really creepy!

    L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you will like some of the upcoming trailers better, I'm posting new ones this week.

      Delete
  5. I can't watch the vid clip...too, too scary! lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, please, Petsy, as if you haven't seen enough scary things at the cat's litter box by now :)

      Delete
  6. Aw, they've turned the Beast from Beauty and the Beast into a Hulk thing where he only turns beastly when he is enraged. I'm disappointed. What I liked about the 80s show was that the Beast was always--in his mind--ugly, but his actions showed how truly beautiful he was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the general reaction on B AND THE B is disappointment, but I don't think it will influence it becoming popular since CW is mostly watched by teen girls.

      Delete
    2. just goes to show I'm not a teen anymore...sigh ;)

      Delete
  7. I'm a little disappointed by the beast as well...surely he should be beastly all the time

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Beauty and the Beast sounds great! Definitely reminds me of the Incredible Hulk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm...The Beast sounds a lot like the Hulk minus the green tights to me but I'm intrigued enough to give it a shot :D (Hope you had a great weekend, Dezzy darling!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, I was staring at your Cleopatra pic all weekend long :) /meisnotapsychomeisnotapsycho/ :))))

      Delete
  10. Hmph. How about The Secret Circle??? I want it back!!! 10000x better than this show AND it stared Chris Zylka. :'( Sniff, tear, sniff...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris Zylka? I must Google the hotness immediately :)

      Delete
  11. I feel like this Beauty and the Beast adaptation missed the point of the original story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe they didn't want to follow the point at all?

      Delete
  12. I would have thought she became female Batman after watching her parents get murdered. :\

    ReplyDelete
  13. What is going on with Mr Bewley's Arm Dezzy?

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what wrong with it? Not that anyone will notice his arm with all that treasure trail of his :)

      Delete
    2. what are you laughing at now :P I almost wrote I don't know what's wrong with his arm, but I know where I'd put mine :) But I didn't write it since me is all modest and chaste :)

      Delete
  14. Carol looks interesting. It has Cate in it and I love the look of pieces done in the 1950's, so very stylish. We'll see about the story, sometimes the "woman trapped in loveless marriage" scenario can be rather tired. The Hammer of The God, I'm not sure about it. I am sure about that pic you have up though nom nom nom.

    No way on Beauty and The Beast. Although with graphic violence, it should make loads and loads of money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will like Blanchett's film too, I will only have a problem with Wasikowska, whom I can't stand.
      Glad I gave you some nom nom for lunch :)

      Delete
  15. You know the picture of Cate, specifically the 'cut' on the dress. I think it's poorly placed to be honest. I know about 3 different and better places to chuck it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you mean some northern and southern regions?

      Delete
  16. B&B looks intense, good trailer. But I hat it when a girl falls in the woods when she is being chased. Can we say cliche? :) You know, just once the big, fast men could just catch her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I thought you will say for once she should runaway :)

      Delete
  17. Beauty and the Beast was not what I was expecting, but I might give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there will be more show trailers this week, hope the others will be better

      Delete
  18. Hammer of the Gods sounds intriguing. But the Beauty in the Beast BLAH! WAAAY To Twilight wannabe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. we do love us a good Viking film :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A different take on the Beauty and the Beast ~ I think I am going to watch it ~

    And Charlie looks so fine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll give Beauty and the Beast a try. I know, I know, Dezz, you're so surprised =PP But, if it's as drama filled as Vampire Diaries, I'm out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know, I've never watched VAMPIRE DIARIES, even though my publisher is publishing the books in my country :) But I haven't watched TRUE BLOOD either, even though I translated the books myself :)

      Delete
  22. Good to hear new news on Cate...although it is just a glimpse news ;)

    By the way Dezz...what happened to your poll? why does it stop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, after three years of polls, which means more than 150 of them, I've run out of ideas :( I will post a poll when I get inspiration, but for now I'm a bit creativeless :(

      Delete
  23. Cate Blanchett is a great actress and I'm glad you're not showing her in a bunny suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she has no such pics, trust me, I have at least a 100 of her pics in my gallery :)

      Delete
  24. LOVE Cate... so beautiful, talented and ever so stylish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beauty and the Beast...what a friggin cop out! They lost the essence of what Vincent was all about, a supposedly "monster" that demonstrated that true beauty lies within. But I guess the shallow "Twilight" crowd doesn't grasp that particular concept and it's all about being a monster but you gotta look good SOMETIME...Jeez!

    I'll pass on this Twilight clone crap....

    ReplyDelete
  26. well . what ever you guyz said about beauty and the beast. I m a big ig fan of the show.I love both the starsCAte and Vincent.Love the chemistry of both...:)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.