Tuesday, April 17, 2012

WENTWORTH MILLER'S NEW SCRIPT "THE DISAPPOINTMENTS ROOM"! ALDEN EHRENREICH IN "BEAUTIFUL CREATURES" WITH EMMA THOMPSON, JEREMY IRONS! SIMON CURTIS HELMS "CLICK TO CONNECT" SOCIAL MEDIA ROMCOM!

One of the fantasy sagas that Hollywood is counting on in the future as a possible franchise, the movie adaptation of Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl's
BEAUTIFUL CREATURES, has just gotten a new male lead: Alden Ehrenreich will take the job over from Jack O'Connell in the story about two teens who must confront a curse that has haunted the girl's family for generations. As I've reported earlier, Emma Thompson will play a dual role of a small town religious zealot and a dark witch, while the female teen role went to Alice Englert. Emmy Rossum will play the girl's cousin who becomes a dark witch too, and Viola Davis and Jeremy Irons are also in the cast. Alden, who was, believe it or not, "discovered" by Steven Spielberg at the bat mitzvah of a friend of Spielberg's daughter, was one of the candidates for a role in sf epic AKIRA last year, and will also star in Wentworth Miller's STOKER next to Nicole Kidman, Dermot Mullroney, Lucas Till and Matthew Goode.
HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
According to "Variety" the director of the successful MY WEEK WITH MARILYN film, Simon Curtis has found himself a new project: titled CLICK TO CONNECT, it will be a romantic anthology set in the online dating world in which the story will revolve around a collection of characters, ranging in age from their 20s to 60s, whose approach to online dating varies according to their circumstances and their past.
And Eric Bana's currently untitled suspense thriller in which he will play one of the ex-lovers who find themselves placed on the defense team in a terrorism trial, is getting quite a nice cast: always amazing Jim Broadbent (MOULIN ROUGE, THE IRON LADY), equally amazing Ciaran Hinds (ROME, JOHN CARTER), deeply charismatic Riz Ahmed and brilliant Anne Marie Duff (THE VIRGIN QUEEN, also known as James McAvoy's wife), have all joined the film.

Speaking of amazingly charismatic actor turned screenwriter Wentworth Miller, beside the above mentioned STOKER ( Which will follow a teenage girl mourning the death of her father who deals with a strange uncle who mysteriously shows up to meet the family) he's just finished another script of his own. Titled THE DISAPPOINT- MENTS ROOM it will, according to "The Hollywood Reporter", follow a family that moves into a mysterious old house in the country and discovers that it has a dark past. The PRISON BREAK and RESIDENT EVIL AFTERLIFE star will also do some acting this year, since we should see him in LOFT which, with a cast stolen right of my wildest dreams - Karl Urban and James Marsden, revolves around five friends who share a loft for their extramarital affairs and begin to question one another after the body of an unknown woman is found in the property. Wentworth has an MA in English language and literature so it's no surprise that his scripts are well paid in Hollywood.

44 comments:

  1. Normally I wouldn't be interested in a film about online dating, but this one looks interesting because they are using a broad spectrum of age groups. I'm so behind the times that the idea of online dating is strange to me. And I do want to see Beautiful Creatures. Alden is a nice looking fellow and we'll see how he does in place of O'Connell in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in online dating and online love :) But you know all about that, Annzie :)
      Alden has once been described as young Brando.

      Delete
  2. Emma Thompson as a dark witch? Interesting. Wicked, even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left a comment on your reply in yesterdays post. I slept 13 hours straight and just got in. Now I'm going outside to work in the gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already replied on that one :)
      Have fun with the plants :)

      Delete
    2. It's me again. I sent you an email darling.

      Delete
    3. I got it, my dear, will read it ASAP and answer today! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Mr. Ehrenreich does have those Hollywood good looks, doesn't he?

    And you're saying Wentworth Miller has the good looks and the brains? Wowzer. Good for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, my Wenty has them both :) In abundance :)

      Delete
  5. Online dating, oh so scary! Waaaaay to many crackpots on there..lol...another friggin twilight type franchise, great. But can't say I'm surprised.

    Always liked Wentworth Miller's stuff, so his should be interesting. He got killed in Buffy too, see emmy worth right there..haha..at least I think he got killed if I recall correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he played on BUFFY? It scares me, Cat, how much trivia your brain has on that obscure little show :PPPP

      Delete
    2. He has no brain luv and that's why he has so much storage space in his head.

      Delete
    3. you mean the lobotomy you were so eager to perform on him is unnecessary? :)

      Delete
  6. I like Emmy Rossum. I really enjoy her on Showtime's Shameless. As an unrelated note...it's fun to scroll down on your blog because at some point, I always come across the picture of Bradley James staring at me. Damn...he's fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not for long, Mikey, Bradley is going home next week when the poll ends :)) But he will surely come back as soon as I get my paws on some MERLIN season 5 info :)

      Delete
  7. That sounds like a very talented cast for Beautiful Creatures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just drooling over the men pics in your blog...don't mind me ~

    Thanks for all the updates ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some hot new pics Dezz! I love me some Wentworth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see why Alden was discovered by Spielberg, he's hot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read James McAvoy and was disappointed to hear it was just his wife! Sigh...I've fallen in love with him since the Atonement. Ok, and Keira Knightly too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then don't google his wife, she is not a great looker, but she is an amazing actress, I love her a lot, and him too.
      And don't you know that it's legally forbidden to mention that Keira wench here??? She ruins every film she appears in, ATONEMENT included.

      Delete
  12. I like the sound of Click to Connect. I love those anthology type movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, I always love me big casts and lots of interconnected stories.

      Delete
  13. Good for Wentworth!! Bless him and his husky whisper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. husky whisper LOL, oh, Scottie, you looney :)))

      Delete
  14. The Loft has a good cast but the story may let it down...hopefully not though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully. The film still doesn't have a release date nor an official trailer, although it was made more than a year ago.

      Delete
  15. Beautiful Creatures seems to have an amazing cast so far! I hope they cast an unknown as the main character. I read the book, I was a bit dissatisfied with the ending because it just seemed to be a To Be Continued for me, but I did enjoy reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you have it in the post who will play the two main characters :) Alden and Alice Englert :) One of the authors seems to have liked my post, since she tweeted about it yesterday :)

      Delete
  16. Reply just does not want to work today at your bay. I guess you have too much poo around..hahaha..oh I know all about Buffy and plenty of other shows too though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it works just fine for me :) Sometimes it doesn't work at your bay either, but I find that reloading the page usually helps :)

      Delete
    2. I disable the reply button after you respond to him. Then I cover them with poo so that his hand comes away all smelly. But since he licks his own arse, I don't think he notices.

      Delete
    3. yes, I wanted to say that as well, a feline bumlicker doesn't really see that as a nasty thing. Maybe we should put some laxative in his tuna? He will need waterproof Pringles cans then for his hobby :)

      Delete
    4. Bah bum licking is a natural thing to do, you humans are just jealous you can't bend that way.

      Delete
    5. I kinda am but with the frontal bend :)

      Delete
  17. Woo weee... that Alden Ehrenreich is beautiful indeed! Is that the series people are saying might be the next Twilight?? In any case, I hope it's a better series, well can't possibly be worse right, ahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, it is probably done for the same crowd just like SNOW WHITE this summer and that horrid teen film I won't name which is currently breaking records.

      Delete
  18. Wentworth actually only has a BA in English Lit, not an MA.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.