Saturday, March 3, 2012

BRAND NEW TRAILERS FOR ANIMATED MOVIES EPIC "BRAVE", SPOOKY "PARANORMAN" AND HILARIOUS "DESPICABLE ME 2"

Guess what? We are having an animated flick day today at HOLLYWOOD SPY, since I have three new trailers for the upcoming animated films to show you. The first one is for, as you now already know, our most anticipated
animated movie this year - BRAVE. You must check the new clip from the film, because it is totally hilarious and amazingly charming :) Set in Scotland in a rugged and mythical time, BRAVE follows Merida, an aspiring archer and impetuous daughter of royalty who makes a reckless choice that unleashes unintended peril bringing chaos to her kingdom and forces her to spring into action to set things right relying on her bravery and her archery skills to undo a beastly curse. This one is out in cinemas this June and features voices from Emma Thompson, Julie Walters, Kevin McKidd....

 DESPICABLE ME 2
The second trailer is for the sequel to the animated hit from a few years ago DESPICABLE ME 2 which will be released only in summer 2013 but for some reason Universal has already released a teaser (a rather
irritating one) :). Al Pacino, Steve Carrell, Jason Segel, Russell Brand and Julie Andrews are among those lending their voices in the story about Gru, who, surrounded by a small army of minions, was planning the biggest heist in the history of the world in the original film, when he was going to steal the moon. Armed with his arsenal of shrink rays, freeze rays, and battle-ready vehicles for land and air, he wanted to vanquishes all who stand in his way until the day he encountered the immense will of three little orphaned girls who looked at him and saw something that no one else has ever seen: a potential Dad. They are now all back for new adventures.

 PARANORMAN
The third trailer is actually the new one for PARANORMAN, a film
from the creators of CORALINE, a 3D stop motion animation in which the story is set in a small town which comes under siege by zombies. Who can it call? Only misunderstood local boy Norman who is able to speak with the dead. In addition to the zombies, he’ll have to take on ghosts, witches and, worst of all, moronic grown-ups, to save his town from a centuries-old curse. But this young ghoul whisperer may find his paranormal activities pushed to their otherworldly limits. The film comes out in cinemas this August and features the voices from John Goodman, Casey Affleck, Anna Kendrick....

45 comments:

  1. I like the look of all of those! But the despicable me song is going to be stuck in my head all weekend!

    Po-Ta-Tooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave looks really good. The animation is so vibrant, especially that hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the clip is so filled with flawless details and moments! Directed by a perfectionist :)

      Delete
  3. Brave looks the best of the trio

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first Despicable Me so I can't wait to see the next. Yeah, what's up with the "trailer"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the first one, but it was super successful with more than 500 million dollars earned around the world.

      Delete
  5. Brave is the best of the bunch, of course most things Pixar are always going to win out, ignoring Cars 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. hey, Sucen, I was unable to reach your site yesterday, I kept getting some message that your page is nonexistent or unreachable. It might be something about these changes that Blogger brought up this week.

      Delete
    2. yep, I tried again, I keep getting this whenever I try to reach your page:
      http://www.chiasucen.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

      Delete
  7. Oo I'm looking forward to Despicable Me 2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Na-na-na Na-na-na-na! :)
    Loved these! And oh my goodness BRAVE looks soooooo amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my head almost exploded from nana nan an ana :)
      And BRAVE is gonna be mega epic :) maybe even the best animated film ever?

      Delete
    2. it has to beat only HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON and ICE AGE for me to get that spot :)

      Delete
  9. Brave is going to be the BEST!!! Merida is my hero. :) I so can't wait to see this.

    ParaNorman is going to be incredibly awesome as well. I loved Coraline and of course, we have Frankenweenie coming out as well. Let's hear it for dark animation! ;)

    Okay, that teaser for DM2 was annoying as all get out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the clip is really wonderful, so many intricate details! And marvellous cinematography.

      Delete
  10. I'm already sold on Brave, so I won't be watching anymore trailers for that one (including this one here). Does look like it will be pretty damn good, and I can't wait.

    As for Despicable Me 2, loved that teaser. Minions prove again they can make me laugh. I love those little bastards. Can't wait to see more of them. They need to just start making more shorts featuring just the minions.

    As for Paranorman, I just don't see the appeal. Doesn't look like anything special to me. In fact, it looks kinda mediocre. I'm just not feeling that one and don't understand the hype surrounding it with some people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRAVE is going to be a real blast ;)
      And I'm with you on PARANORMAN, it does look cute at moments but not appealing to me.

      Delete
  11. the first film looks so funny!!! And you’ve got a gorgeous blog too!!!
    Check out my blog and if you feel like drinking a sip of ABSOstyle with me, we could followed each other by GFC + Bloglovin’ … ;) I’ll be waiting for you!!!

    KISSES!
    Estefanía J. ABSOstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my dear, I shall pop over ASAP :)

      Delete
  12. Why weren't there any of these around when I was a kid.... And why are Disney DVD's so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, what are you complaining, you're a lavishly rich college professor chased by Nubian princesses who want you to be their sugar daddy :)))

      Delete
  13. "Brave" looks wonderful! Can hardly wait to see it. "ParaNorman" looks pretty good too. We live in the golden age of animation, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's true, Debs, animated films have become the best of the film industry in general. I don't know how I would survive the darkness in the film world without love and optimism from animated movies.

      Delete
  14. I love animated films and Brave looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brave is going to be epic. Can't wait for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll definitely make an effort to go see Brave when it comes out. Have a great weekend, Dezz!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That DESPICABLE ME 2 poster is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the cuteness escapes me, since I haven't seen the first film :))) but I see all of you love it, so it must be good :)

      Delete
  18. "I don't know how I would survive the darkness of the film world". Love this! Yes - animated movies are so much fun. Favourite is still Madagascar. Brave looks to be a good one. Thanks for all the trailer goodness here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like it, Terry :) Sometimes I feel I'm the only filmsite that fights against dark movies :(

      Delete
  19. So...there are very few movies, very few things, that I will pay full price for or to see. BRAVE is one of them.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.