Friday, December 16, 2011

TRASHY TRAILERS FOR NICOLAS CAGE'S "GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE" & "THE EXPENDABLES 2" WITH STALLONE, VAN DAMME, SCHWARZENEGGER, STATHAM, LUNDGREN, NORRIS! GOLDEN GLOBE 2012 NOMINATIONS

Now, don't kill me, but today were are having a trashy trailers day :) No news this Friday, so I have to give you a dose of kitschy
action and horrid action stars :)  Take it with some humour :) The first clip is for Nicolas Cage's sf action GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE. I know that we didn't even like the first one, but the sequel is here ready to premiere next February. As you know this is a comic book adaptation in which Nicolas Cage plays as a stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze who gives up his soul to become a hellblazing vigilante, to fight against power hungry Blackheart, the son of the devil himself. Beside Cage the cast also includes black hunk Idris Elba and British thespian Ciaran Hinds.

SPYING ON GOLDEN GLOBES
So, how do you like the GOLDEN GLOBE 2012 nominations? I'm sure you've seen the whole list. A rather boring one, if I may say. But I'm happy that Glenn
Close
has been nominated for ALBERT NOBBS, Meryl Streep for THE IRON LADY and Viola Davis for THE HELP in the best actress category. Michael Fassbender is finally nominated for SHAME, hope he wins among some truly bad rivals. Our beloved ladies Charlize Theron in YOUNG ADULT, Kate Winslet (who is also in the run as mini series actress) in CARNAGE and Michelle Williams in MY WEEK WITH MARILYN are in the run for best comedy actress. Lovely PUSS IN BOOTS and ARTHUR CHRISTMAS are competing for best animated flick. Kenneth Branagh in MY WEEK WITH MARILYN and Viggo Mortensen in A DANGEROUS METHOD are in the run for best supporting actor. I'm shocked that painfully morbid AMERICAN HORROR STORY is nominated
for best TV show (if they went for horror why didn't they chose THE WALKING DEAD?) and that Jeremy Irons is nominated for best TV actor for THE BORGIAS, even though that is obviously one of his most uninspired roles and he is the weakest link in that cast.

The second trashy trailer for today is for the film which really is trashy since it brings back all of the trashiest action stars ever. It's Sylvester Stallone's THE EXPENDABLES 2 in which the action team is reunited when Mr. Church (Bruce Willis) enlists
the Expendables to take on a seemingly simple job. The task looks like an easy paycheck for the band of old-school mercenaries. But when things go wrong and one of their own is viciously killed, the Expendables are compelled to seek revenge in hostile territory where the odds are stacked against them. Hell-bent on payback, the crew cuts a swath of destruction through opposing forces, wreaking havoc and shutting down an unexpected threat in the nick of time - six pounds of weapons-grade plutonium; enough to change the balance of power in the world. But that's nothing compared to the justice they serve against the villainous adversary who savagely murdered their brother. That is done the Expendables way. The cast includes all possible action star names from the previous decades: Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren alongside younger stars Liam Hemsworth, Jason Statham and even Novak Djokovic.

And, please, don't forget to vote for HOLLYWOOD SPY in Movie411BlogAwards, especially in Gold Blog category (it's at the bottom of the voting page) in which I'm currently losing, don't let it happen, people :)

28 comments:

  1. Well, you saved the post by putting up a picture of Mr. Fass my benders. And, wowzer, that is one sexy picture of Ms. Winslet. O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. me knows how to save the day and spice things up when there is no film news available :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ghost Rider 2? Why Marvel why? You were doing so well with the Avenger group of movies, don't screw things up by making a dud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gooo I cringe at the thought of another Ghost Rider, the first one was unbelievable trash. The expendables should be fun enough and come now they don't have every action star. There is no overweight Segal in it..haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are truly some trashy trailers. However, I'm looking forward to seeing the Globes and I hope that Fassbender wins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm the only person that actually liked GHOST RIDER, and am looking forward to this one. He was always one of my favorite comics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also wonder why they nominated Jeremy Irons for The Borgias. I'm also sad that they only nominated Peter Dinklage for Game of Thrones. Very short sighted not to look at some of the other good performances in the series. Glad Damian Lewis was nominated for Homeland though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Ghost Rider so Joshua you're not alone here. The only person I like in the Ex movie is Bruce Willis (oooh a girl gotta love some Bruce). And I'm glad to see Vigo nominated for a Golden Globe. You can't lose Dez, it wouldn't be right. I'll vote you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I went and voted for ya, buddy! Twice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't even seen the list for the Globes, but I'm glad Charlize is on there along with Viola and gorgeous Fass My Benders. Nic Cage cannot buy an interesting role anymore and since the first Ghostrider was dreadful, I didn't even bother to watch the trailer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. UGH Ghost Rider is just atrocious in every sense of the word, the world does NOT need another one of those!! Same with Expendables 2!

    In any case, good for Fassy for getting a GG nom, and yes Charlize too. Overall I thought it was predictable, same old people getting nominated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Give Cage some love! He's not that bad (oh wait, yeah he is :P)

    The Expendables looks interesting but I don't think I'd watch it. Too over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, Dezzy; but I loved Ghost Rider 1. Granted, it was a bit cheezy, one step above a B-movie, but hey, you can’t hold THAT against Nicholas Cage (lol). This second one looks good (I know, all the best scenes have been shown in the trailer) and my 13 year old came out and to watch the trailer with me and says “we’re going, right”. How can I resist quality time with the Bug . .

    And I’d watch anything Viggo just for the eye candy - though I admit I think he’s an excellent actor. Never thought I’d see Kate Winslet looking like that (steamy). I like the first couple episodes of American Horror, but when it seemed EVERYONE was dead, and didn’t know it, I kinda lost interest. Normally though, I like that kind of stuff.

    I have to admit I want to watch EX2 for the all star masculine line up and not so much for the plot. I didn’t know my state’s Govenator was a party to this movie. He’s a much better actor than politician; and he has a lock on Trailer movies . .

    The angst of the 411 awards is that I like all the candidates equally.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  14. GR2 is going to be awesome!!

    With the Directors in the chair that it has I know it is going to be utterly bonkers and over the top... exactly as I want it to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's no need for a second Ghost Rider but a definite need for more Expendables madness.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm wit moi Oirish friend Angry - Expendables is a bit of fun. More mindless violence pleez - what can be the harm?

    Thanks for the smokin' shot of Kate - I'm a big fan of the Winsletts and their delectable owner.

    Cheerz
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Adam
    these things happen

    @Pat
    you are right, I'm shocked Segal isn't in the cast :) But I think he never got along with the rest of the action stars in their time, he was always full of himself :) He is also the only action star I can't stand watching :)

    @Clarissa
    we shall keep our fingers crossed for Fass My Benders :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Josh
    but did you like Cage in the role? I don't have the problem with the hero, but with Cage :) Such a highly unappealing actor

    @Fabo
    I was truly shocked, I generally have nothing against Irons, but he literally ruined THE BORGIAS with his uninspired role and plus the role itself wasn't anything special. You know I don't like Dinklage, but I think Sean Bean should've been nominated since it was the role of his life. I didn't notice Damian in the list, and I happy that you told me, you know I adore him :)

    @Anne
    oh, make Ireland vote for me :) don't let brother Serb get beaten by Western powers ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Debs
    thank you sister :)))

    @Melsy
    I think Globes will be about ladies this year, since we have a lot of strong actresses in the run, unlike the male categories, I mean De Capricoso, Clooney Looney and Brad Jolie? Please, those three don't know how to act. Winslet, Charlize, Viola, Glenn for the win :)

    @Flixy
    you didn't mention that Gerry Berry was presenting the nominations :) Wasn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  20. @DWei
    yep, he is not bad, he's even worse :))))

    @Donna
    glad you liked the trashiness in today's post :) Sometimes you gotta end the working week with some genuine rubbish :) I knew you didn't like me more than others :((( /criesriversoftears/

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Scott
    I'm not familiar with him, what did he direct before?

    @Lurk
    agreed, Lurk!

    @Doc
    hey, Doc, long time no see :)
    I have more such naughty pics of Kate Winslet, I've even once posted a pic of her with naked behind :) but totally naked, not like this pic above ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cage wasn't ideal, but imagine if Johnny Depp had accepted the Johnny Blaze role. Different movie, and a poorer version if he had.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm personally not a fan of Depp, although I do think he is charmingly crazy sometimes :) but I guess the film would've been a huge hit if he acted in it, since most people adore him.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That cat trailer was just plain weird. I usually see most of Cage's films but I missed the Ghostrider one--didn't hear much good about it so I'm not psyched for the next one either.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  25. u didn't miss much, Lee, I watched it and fell asleep a couple of times :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Expendables was disappointing, so suffice to say i won't be seeing the sequel. And i personally think Cage is a god actor, but dear lord its like he doesn't even read the scripts he signs on for anymore

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, I think we have that impression for most of today's actors - are they reading the scripts before accepting roles. We know that a lot of them are bound by contracts to some studios and sometimes cannot refuse or choose the offers.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hahaha they are indeed Trashy!! I finally have time to check your chosen trashy trailer ;)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :)