Monday, December 26, 2011

TRAILERS FOR THE 2ND SEASONS OF EPIC SHOWS "THE BORGIAS" AND "SPARTACUS VENGEANCE"

With the beginning of the new year closing on us, we are also getting close to the premiere of the new seasons of the epic shows that we loved watching this year: THE BORGIAS and GAME OF THRONES return in April, while SPARTACUS VENGEANCE returns this January.
THE BORGIAS
Although the first season of THE BORGIAS historical show was at moments boring to the extent of being unwatchable, it did pick up the pace after the sixth episode and it actually became dynamic, intriguing and exciting, and the second season awaits us next April at Showtime and today you can check out the first trailer for the return of the original crime family. Judging from the trailer beside the members of the infamous Papal family, which includes Jeremy Irons as Pope Rodrigo Borgia, David Oakes and Francois Arnaud as his sons, Holliday Granger as his
daughter Lucrezia,  Colm Feore as his main enemy, and Luke Pasqualino as Lucrezia's love and the father of her child, the second season will also bring back most of the kings, politicians and clerics from the first one bringing with them new plots and scheming plans. Check out the dynamic trailer bellow.


SPARTACUS VENGEANCE
A brand new, third trailer for Starz' super popular show SPARTACUS VENGEANCE is here. As you remember from HOLLYWOOD SPY's spotlight on the second season, on the heels of the bloody escape from the House of Batiatus that concluded SPARTACUS
BLOOD AND SAND, the gladiator rebellion continues and begins to strike fear into the heart of the Roman Republic. Gaius Claudius Glaber (Craig Parker) and his Roman troops are sent to Capua to crush the growing band of freed slaves that Spartacus (Lyam McIntyre) leads before it can inflict further damage. Spartacus is presented the choice of satisfying his personal need for vengeance against the man that condemned his wife to slavery and eventual death or making the larger sacrifices necessary to keep his budding army from breaking apart. Containing all of the blood-soaked action, exotic sexuality, and villainy and heroism that has come to distinguish the series, the tale of Spartacus resumes in epic fashion. Judging from the trailer, it seems
Lucretia (Lucy Lawless) will have to swallow her pride and become friends with horrid Illythia (Viva Bianca) again, who left her locked in the ludus to be killed in the horrific bloodshed that ended the first season, in order to survive in Capua as a woman without a husband and in order to take her revenge on her and on Spartacus. The second season premieres January 27th!

28 comments:

  1. Thanks for the trailers, I enjoyed S1 of The Borgias, can't wait for the 2nd.

    OML :)

    PS: Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @One More Lurker
    glad you liked the trailers, I'm also excited about the new seasons of our favourite epic shows :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shows look great! And I can't believe I still haven't got around to watching them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the borgias! Is so fun stopping by here Dez, hope you had a nice and lovely Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spartcus looks good still, should be a good season. Merry Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these trailers are spectacular, especially Spartacus. Liam looks to be in very fine form as does Lucy and Craig. I cannot wait for the seasons to start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of swords and sandal epics coming up. Not a huge fan but these new films do look entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Berserc
    oh, but you must, given your name you really must watch SPARTACUS ;)

    @Gloria
    glad to hear it's fun for you, Gloria! Merry Christmas to whole Chile :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Pat
    I really hope it will, I hope Lyam will be good in his new role, because I want to watch the third season of SPARTACUS too :)

    @Weekly
    thanks, Merry Christmas to you as well, and thanks for follow as well

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Melsy
    it should be super spectacular, as I said above, I hope Lyam will be good in the role, because I really need my epic show in the middle of winter :) I don't know what I would do without it, especially since the humongous flop of CAMELOT has stopped many TV channels from producing such shows in the future :(

    @Dan
    those are shows, not films, Dan :))) Hope you had a nice Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Jeremy Irons (I think is so sexy) but Im not sure if I love he how a Pope:) and also here he maybe is really bad (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must spend too much time in the kitchen as I've never heard of any of these shows before :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow these look so interesting, glad i ran across you blog, Following!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Gloria
    I generally like him, but he is extremely bad in THE BORGIAS, he ruins the show with his uninspired acting in this one :(

    @Lizzy
    indeed you do, Lizzy, now go to the kitchen and bake us ten pounds of cake as your punishment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Kingmush
    you really do :))

    @Socom
    thanks, glad you like the blog, and thanks for following :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just put Season 1 of The Borgias on my queue at Netflix. It looks great. And I read yowu Christmas blog darling. Magnificant man flesh. Now I'm going to follow you on Twitter and Subscribe to your YouTube channel.

    ReplyDelete
  17. remember not to give up if the first five episodes are a bit boring ;) because it gets better after that. Still not as great as THE TUDORS were or as SPARTACUS is, but it's somewhere on the average level of GAME OF THRONES ;) He he he thanks for subscribing to all HOLLYWOOD SPY channels, I do use FACE and TWITTER every day, but YOUTUBE a bit less since they've changed it a few weeks ago and it's now ugly as hell :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Borgias looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Spartacus looks great. Looking forward to all the sex and violence ;P

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Interwebs
    they sure do :)

    @Dirty
    for me it was always charming nudity and amazing script and plus the brilliant acting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your red sweater Dezz! I am really looking forward to the return of Game of Thrones, but don't know if I'll watch The Borgias again. Like you, I'm greatly disappointed in Jeremy Irons.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was joking Dez. Just because something my have nudity and violence doesn't mean i will become a fan of it. If that was all Spartacus had to offer i wouldn't have become a fan

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Fabo
    thanks, my dear, it's actually a colour I never wear in my real life, I'm all green, dark blue and violet, so it's interesting seeing my avatar in red :) I know what you mean about BORGIAS, I will probably watch first two episodes and then ditch it if it's boring like the beginning of the first season.

    @Dirty
    not that we wouldn't be fans of purely nudity either :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can't wait for the return of the Borgia's - or more specifically magnificently sexy Cesare - Francois was a revelation in the first series.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.