Tuesday, November 8, 2011

IS LUKE EVANS THE KING IN "ARTHUR & LANCELOT"? MICHAEL FASSBENDER IN "LONDONGRAD"! GEMMA ARTERTON IN "SONG FOR MARION" ALDEN EHRENREICH TESTING FOR "AKIRA" SF EPIC WITH EZRA MILLER

As you've probably noticed the hottest thing in Hollywood currently is the casting process for David Dobkin's new epic ARTHUR & LANCELOT which will offer a new vision on the famous medieval legend. I've told you that THE KILLING star Joel Kinnaman is close to signing the deal for Lancelot role, but he will have to do screen testing with the candidates for the Arthur role who will have to have chemistry with him. Beside the already mentioned Kit Harington (John Snow from GAME OF THRONES) other fresh
candidates for the role of the king now include  Welsh superstar Luke Evans (who fits naturally given all of his Godly roles so far - Zeus in IMMORTALS, Apollo in CLASH OF THE TITANS, and looking swell in period costume in THE THREE MUSKETEERS) and Toby Kebbell (who is nice enough actor, but if you ask me has absolutely no charisma for leading roles. He also starred in CLASH OF THE TITANS). I've informed you last week that Gary Oldman has been offered the role of Merlin.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
A new role for super talented Michael Fassbender could be the lead one in Warner Bros. action drama LONDONGRAD which
will examine the mysterious death of former KGB spy Alexander Litvinenko, who was poised in 2006 with polonium-210. As "Deadline" writes, the studio apparently wants RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES director Rupert Wyatt to helm the picture. As "Variety" reports, British film SONG FOR MARION will hit US cinemas too. With a delightful cast which includes Terence Stamp, Gemma Arterton and Vanessa Redgrave this London-set comedic drama follows a grumpy elderly man who is reluctantly inspired by his wife Marion to join an unconventional local choir.

 Well if you ask me, it seems the movie adaptation of famous anime AKIRA, which will be set in futuristic Manhattan, is heading in a very wrong direction. Because when Keanu Reeves, Brad
Pitt
and Justin Timberlake refuse the lead role in a $100 million film and you give it to Garrett Hedlund, whom most people around the world don't even know and who mostly has flops in his CV, it doesn't sound promising at all, does it? Especially with the latest names who are testing for the second male role being unknown people too: Alden Ehrenreich and Ezra Miller. I've no idea who the second one is, but I remember the first one as one of the actors who lost the Spiderman role to Andrew Garfield. And with Keira Knightley also in the run for one of the roles, I'm definitely losing any interest in this one.

24 comments:

  1. Hi Dezz - I'm taking a spin around HOLLYWOOD through your site.
    (I've been knee deep in Lion dung that I have been out of the loop lately.)

    So, with afternoon coffee in hand...here I go!

    Thanks for all this great info!

    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy the stay, and take one coffee on the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dezzy, I feel kind of lame that I don't know who those actors are. I'm going to have to study up some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love me some Michael Fassbender. And that plutonium/spy story should be a good one. Hopefully it will be a fast-paced thriller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the new Arthur/Merlin movies is going right to town, let's hope they take some time and actually make it good and not just get a flashy cast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm, I don't recognize any of these actors. D:

    I must be really out of the loop...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say "yummy" ? *hehe*

    I hope you've been well...
    Want to let you know that Beauty and a Budget has moved to imgalaxia.blogspot.com
    I loved getting to know you and hope you'll visit and follow my new blog.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't recognize them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't know anything about Hollywood or Celebs. I don't even know who Kim Keriohsoiefhaowejp is. Or why her marriage was so important.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have only just warmed up to Fassbender. I didn't get him until this year. Now any news of new films with him in makes me very happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Londongrad has good potential especially with Fassbender but your comment on Akira is very apt when Reeves even refuses it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, Akira has lost me completely. Garret Hedlund is not very good and he just doesn't have the charisma to compensate. And you know my disdain of Knightly is epic. I'm so happy Luke is working and working. He's just scrumptious and awesome to watch. I love that Fassbender is working a lot as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The casting for Arthur and Lancelot sounds exciting - looks like they have some good possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of most of these actors but the Fassbender movies looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Erin
    that's the point, Erin, to find out about new stars exactly here at HOLLYWOOD SPY :) You would be surprised how many stars I've predicted. Take Luke for example. I've been supporting him from the beginning and look at him now, he is currently the hottest face in Hollywood with roles in CLASH OF THE TITANS, MUSKETEERS, IMMORTALS, THE RAVEN....

    @Luanne
    FassMyBenders has always been such a smashing and dashing and super talented star. I'm extremely happy that he is getting lead roles now since I've been supporting his career for years now

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Pat
    I would really love love love the combination of Luke Evans and Joel Kinnaman in the epic, since I love them both and I've been following their careers for a long time now.

    @DWei
    read the previous comments :) The point of HOLLYWOOD SPY is to predict future stars so that you can be among the first one in the wider audience who knew about them :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Galaxia
    glad you found it yummy :) I've put special effort in choosing these pics today for you :) I shall pop over ASAP

    @Interwebs
    read my previous comments :)

    @Rgers
    we don't do Kim here either, Rgers, this is not a celebrity, but a film blog, although some of my male readers wouldn't mind using that "do" verb in context with her, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Scott
    I would be the happiest if he steals the position that Gosling holds in your heart, since I think FassMyBenders is gazillion times a better actor

    @Lurk
    yep, AKIRA has become to male roles, what PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES is to female ones. All the major stars have refused those roles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Melsy
    imagine the cast with Keira and Garrett, it will be like watching polar caps and frozen images for two hours. And I might just about die from heartattack if Luke gets the Arthur role, so I'm hoping he will be close to give me mouth to mouth resuscitation :)

    @Suzie
    isn't it a brilliant casting?

    @Clarissa
    read the above comments :) I always write about new actors, and currently the team in Hollywood is quickly changing with new faces suddenly taking all the major roles. It's the change of generations

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yet ANOTHER Arthur adaptation?? But well, if they must do it, then I'm happy that Luke Evans is up for a role.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish Luke could get all the roles in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Replies
    1. we do love him heaps :) I will have a trailer for one of his new films tomorrow or next week here :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.