Wednesday, November 23, 2011

CHRIS EVANS IS "THE ICEMAN"! RON HOWARD HELMS HBO'S "DOC HOLLIDAY" SHOW! "THERE BE DRAGONS" WITH DOUGRAY SCOTT & WES BENTLEY! PAUL BETTANY JOINS "THE AVENGERS"!

Ah, the horrid trend of Hollywood stars appearing in B-league action films continues: according to "Deadline" ultra dashing Chris Evans will go from Captain America to THE ICEMAN, but it's
not a superhero flick, he is replacing James Franco in the film about infamous serial killer Richard Kuklinski. In the  adaptation of Anthony Bruno's book "The Iceman: The True Story of a Cold-Blooded Killer" Michael Shannon will play the killer, and Chris will play his protege. The cast of the film also includes Maggie Gyllenhaal, David Schwimmer and Ray Liotta. A new show coming to HBO is the one on famous gunslinger DOC HOLIDAY. To be directed by Ron Howard and produced by Akiva Goldsman, the show paints Doc Holliday in a much different light as an educated Southerner who was a dentist before gaining notoriety as a gunslinger.The story will also depict the love triangle between Doc Holliday, his wife, and his best friend Wyatt Earp.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
As "MovieWeb" reports, New Regency is planning to shoot a movie titled HELLBENT with the story which will revolve around some prison escape done with the help of unusual supernatural forces. The film will
be done by the producers of NBC's upcoming Amazon adventure show THE RIVER with Sam Neill. An unexpected new addition to MARVEL'S THE AVENGERS cast, which hits cinemas next May bringing together all the super heroes from Thor to Captain America, is Paul Bettany, but we shall not see him in the film, he will just borrow his voice to Iron Man's robot assistant J.A.R.V.I.S. like he did in both IRON MAN films. As you know THE AVENGERS will star Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Hiddleston, Jeremy Renner...

Another great film which I don't want you to miss on the DVD market is marvelous epic drama THERE BE DRAGONS which hits DVD and blu-ray market in January. The brilliant cast of this critically acclaimed historical epic includes Wes Bentley,
Rodrigo Santoro, Olga Kurylenko, Dougray Scott, Derek Jacobi
and Charlie Cox. The story follows London journalist Robert Torres who travels to Spain to research a book about Josemaría Escrivá, the controversial founder of the Catholic institution Opus Dei. Robert's visit is on track until he hits a wall, both professionally and personally, when his most promising source - his own father, Manolo Torres - turns out to be his least cooperative one. Robert begins to unearth his father's toxic secrets when he learns that Manolo was not only born in the same Spanish town as Josemaría, but that they were childhood friends and attended the same seminary. The two men take radically different paths in life, with Josemaría dedicating his life to his faith while Manolo is swept into the brutal and tumultuous Spanish Civil War. As Robert continues to explore the secrets of Josemaría's life and Manolo's mysterious anger, their overlapping journeys are revealed.

And don't forget that later today, I'm posting an exclusive interview with SAMUEL PARK, the author of Amazon's, People's and Today Show's praised THIS BURNS MY HEART novel. There will also be a GIVEAWAY, so spread the word :) You get bonus points in the giveaway if you post the cover of the book (or the sidebar add) and the link for the interview at your site tomorrow :)

25 comments:

  1. The Iceman sounds interesting, I haven't heard of the case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all over that Doc Holiday show.... and of course The Avengers. But with Doc Holiday going rto HBO... man HBO owns great tv anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'll be watching There Be Dragons. I do love Dougray Scot. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just heard of the Iceman today too, sounds okay I guess. The Doc Holiday show should be an interesting one and of course the Avengers, can't forget about that. Just not building hopes up to high because then it prob turn into the hulk or x3, scary..haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend gave me There Be Dragons to read...I need to find that book.

    I love square dishes...and white dishes in general. I think I have way more than I'll ever need :) But great for food photography!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doing movies about unsympathetic protagonists can be tricky, but there are a few movies with that premise i've liked. Hopefully Iceman will be one of those, as i do like Evans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not on topic, but I went to see "Puss in Boots" while I was on holiday -- LOVED IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bettany made for a damn good Jarvis :D I like the sound of Hellbent too, but that'll depend on who will be cast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dying to see Iceman. Kuklinski was the most notorious contract killer in America. He did hundreds of hits for the mob. Chris is playing one of his mentors, Robert Pronge, who himself stalked his victims using an ice cream truck. It's a brutally fascinating true story. Chris is definitely taking on more interesting roles.

    The Doc Holliday project sounds very intriguing. He was a southern gentleman and a notorious gambler, a very interesting individual. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're a dragon Arry. Sorry had to do that, :P. The trailer looks great (although they always are).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah!!! I hate you Dezz!! ...well not really, I just hate the article.
    When I started reading that part about Paul in The Avengers,I was like 'Yaayy finally,The avengers will be in my to watch list of 2012' and then I read about him only borrowing his voice :( I was so disappointed (moving the avengers back to maybe to watch list)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHA I love this, I really did get a bit angry at the start...

    How can Chris Evans go from The Human Torch to Cap'n USA to Iceman!!! LOL Then I read on....

    ReplyDelete
  13. interesting cant wait +follow

    ReplyDelete
  14. Watched the real "Iceman" being interviewed a long time ago from prison, a scary calm man with little remorse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Steve
    it's true, HBO has some interesting programmes! And they have new series planned for the future too

    @Luanne
    he is such an underrated actor, isn't he? I've always had a soft spot in my heart for him :)

    @PAt
    yep, PAts, you never know with those super hero flicks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Lizzy
    I bet the book is great too, I love such sagas. You must read it.
    I prefer seethrough dishes with unusual shapes, or rectangular ones, so that the food looks posh and modern in them, I also love dark dishes, since they put a special focus on the food :)

    @Dirty
    Chris has been making some critically acclaimed roles lately. He deserves an A-league superstar status.

    @Adam
    you will wait till next year

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Debra
    well, how could you not love Puss? :)

    @Jamie
    Paul is always great even as a robot :)

    @Melsy
    tell me, Melsy, how do you know so much about it, have you been driving an ice cream truck too around Chicago? :PPPP

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Rgers
    the trailer is great and the film is great too

    @Novia
    yep, I was disappointed too, Novia :(((

    @Scottie
    yep, it's some other Iceman :) Tell me, have you heard "Has the Iceman come yet" joke?

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Peeps
    thanks for the follow :)

    @Lurk
    I can imagine, having in mind that he was a serial killer and a maniac, obviously

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was excited thinking about who Paul Bettany would play because I'd forgotten about JARVIS. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool stuff! I have been loving the DVD trailers that you have been showing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Josh
    hope you wasn't disappointed as I was :( But then again I'm not watching AVENGERS anyhow

    @Clarissa
    glad you liked them, this weeks is poor when it comes to news and trailers, I guess it's because of the holidays, so I decided to post a few trailers of really good films which I personally loved instead of the fresh ones that I post generally :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL Caught red-handed by the Hollywood Spy! You know an ice cream truck is the perfect stakeout vehicle. You can have your treats, watch your subjects and make a little money from hungry little kids. You know me, the mob fan, if there's a book, film, tv show or what have on anything remotely related to the Mob, I gotta read or watch. It's a compulsion I tell you.;)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.