Sunday, June 26, 2011

HOLLYWOOD SPY SPOTLIGHTS: "COWBOYS & ALIENS" WITH DANIEL CRAIG, HARRISON FORD AND OLIVIA WILDE READY TO PREMIERE THIS JULY!

 Although I'm not personally overly excited about it, new sf hit directed by John Favreau COWBOYS & ALIENS could very easily become the biggest blockbuster of the summer 2011 after it premieres on July 29th. Having a James Bond Daniel Craig
and an Indiana Jones Harrison Ford in the cast alongside gorgeous Olivia Wilde, with the plot in which cowboys, gangsters and Indians fight against aliens, the film could attract a big audience.

COWBOY & ALIENS TIDBITS
The story was written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman who brought us the brilliant script of STAR TREK. The cast also includes Sam Rockwell and Keith Carradine. Robert Downey Jr and Eva Green were the first candidates for the lead roles but thankfully they didn't get them! Harrison Ford didn't want to wear a hat in the film but he had to since he plays a cowboy. Film budget was around $100 million! Olivia Wilde has a bare chested scene in the film in front of the huge mass of Indians.
THE STORY OF THE FILM
The story is set in 1873 in Arizona. A stranger (Daniel Craig) with no memory of his past stumbles into the hard desert town of Absolution. The only hint to his history is a mysterious shackle that encircles one wrist. What he discovers is that the people of Absolution don't welcome strangers, and nobody makes
a move on its streets unless ordered to do so by the iron-fisted Colonel Dolarhyde (Harrison Ford). It's a town that lives in fear.
But Absolution is about to experience fear it can scarcely comprehend as the desolate city is attacked by marauders from the sky. Screaming down with breathtaking velocity and blinding lights to abduct the helpless one by one, these monsters challenge everything the residents have ever known.
Now, the stranger they rejected is their only hope for salvation. As this gunslinger slowly starts to remember who he is and where he's been, he realizes he holds a secret that could give the town a fighting chance against the alien force. With the help of the elusive
traveler Ella (Olivia Wilde), he pulls together a posse comprised of former opponents, townsfolk, Dolarhyde and his boys, outlaws and Apache warriors, all in danger of annihilation. United against a common enemy, they will prepare for an epic showdown for survival.

38 comments:

  1. Movie promises a lot of fun. Daniel Craig is really diversifying his roles. Isn't he in the remake of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he is, and I think this one will probably be the highest scorer this summer beside the TRANSFORMERS, since American audience usually likes this kind of flicks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you first hear what it's about the movie sounds stupid, but the trailer is really good. I think Cowboys vs Aliens could turn out to be a pretty fun movie. I want to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, that's my reaction too :) I also thought the ideas was totally stupid before I saw the trailer, which still doesn't attract me to watch the film, but I do think it looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *cackle* looks like dumb fun ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since Harrison Ford is in it, I'm trying to stay optimistic! :)

    And...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for finding a space in your rockin' blog for my little book!!

    (p.s. I'm going to send you an email :D )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see this just for Daniel and Harrison. And I must admit, Olivia looks good here and I find her character interesting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't think the concept would appeal to me, but we have BOND, Indiana Jones in the wild west with some Aliens and a gal named Ella. I like new concepts; yeah, I'd go see it~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm honestly too stoked for this movie. I know if I keep this up I'll only be disappointed, but god, this is going to rock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't Harrison Ford getting too old for these kind of shenanigans?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although this totally isn't my cup of tea, I like the looks of this - and I like how Daniel Craig looks, so I think I'll take a look. :)

    I watched The Green Hornet today and really found it funny. Seth Rogan always does a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not so excited for this film actually but I'll give it a try if the reviews are good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really looking forward to this one. You just know it can't take itself seriously and I love the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Sammy
    be welcome, Sammy, I'm honoured to feature your book, which is not a little book at all, I have a feeling it will be a smash hit when it comes out this summer :)

    @Melsy
    I thought you might like this one, Melsy :) I like Olivia's character in the film too.

    @Ella
    yep, the concept is rather stupid :) but they've packed the film with huge scenes and cool special effects so I have a feeling it will be a blockbuster since general audience usually likes such things like in PIRATES, JURASSIC PARK, TRANSFORMERS ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Braumaman
    glad to see you excited, buddy :)

    @Debra
    not getting, he already IS too old for anything :)

    @Allyson
    yes, it's not my cup of tea either, but the trailer seems seductive enough to lure the audience into cinemas :)
    I must admit I can't stand Seth Rogen :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Jaccsy
    yep, as I said, I'm not excited either, but I think many people will flock to cinemas to watch it. And I personally never used reviews to decide whether I'll watch a film or not, since reviews are usually written by fanboys who have no taste :)

    @Dan
    yep, "it can't take itself seriously" is the best description for the film :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a fun movie...not my anticipated movie...but would love to see it

    ReplyDelete
  18. it would've been better with some Cumberbatch in it, yes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. There's something about the tone of the trailer and subject matter of this movie that just isn't clicking with me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmmm I must say, I laughed out loud when I saw the trailer for this months back. I'm not sure I'll see it in theaters, but I'll probably rent it eventually. I've always been a fan of Mr. Ford.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Movies
    probably the fact that it is too serious instead of being comical :)

    @Kristin
    the idea of the film does deserve a laugh or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Full disclosure here Dez: I often only skim your blog especially when you discuss a movie I KNOW I will see, like this one. I have always thought Jon Favreau was money, baby. I even liked him in Rudy. Throw in Craig and Harrison, cowboys and aliens, and I need no further convincing. I've even shunned the previews.
    But, please know that I am not a shallow supporter of YOUR work. What you do is awesome. I mean, where do you get those pictures?
    Anyway, great work, sorry I skimmed it,
    Munk.
    Oh... and I continued our discussion back on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ah, you're one of those who don't wanna know much about a film before they see it ;)
    Glad you like the work of HOLLYWOOD SPY, hope you're not saying it just because you're afraid of my penguins /whoarewatchingyoudayandnight/ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. surely it can't be good, can it? can't believe jon favreau directed it. it's like if woody allen directed Armageddon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. he he .... that's funny, Edmund :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the trailer but I'm not sure what makes it so special from all the other alien vs human movies...

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Dezzmond hahaha that would be nice. Even better if they put sharlto and cillian in it...that would be my dream cast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. OOOOH! I can't wait for this one. I hope it's as spectacular as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Clarissa
    I'm not sure either, sister :)

    @Daniel
    glad you like it, Daniel :)

    @Novia
    you are so predictable :)

    @Josh
    glad to see you excited, buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think the Man's Choice Awards summed it up pretty nicely. James Bond and Han Solo fight ET in a speghetti western.

    ReplyDelete
  31. he he that's a good and true one :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm really excited for this movie, Olivia Wilde is gorgeous and a great actress, and I really like Daniel Craig. This premise is interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  33. glad to see you so excited, Chrissy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm super curious about this one, especially to find out just how serious are they making this because like most people, the trailer is just so giggle-inducing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. it will be a big crowd pleaser I reckon :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.