Tuesday, May 3, 2011

STUNNING CONCEPT ART FROM SF EPIC "COBRA: THE SPACE PIRATE"! MGM TO FILM "HERCULES: THE THRACIAN WARS" EPIC! LUKE EVANS TO STAR IN "ONLY GOD FORGIVES"!

 According to "Playlist" one of our favourite new actors Luke Evans will join Nicolas Winding Refn's new project ONLY GOD FORGIVES. Before Refn remakes famous sf classic LOGAN'S RUN he will do
this story about a Thai police lieutenant whose rivalry with a gangster sees the two settling their differences in a Thai boxing match. Luke Evans will probably play the gangster, and according to rumors, Kristin Scott Thomas should also join the cast. Charming Brit Luke Evans will be quite busy in the future: beside the role of powerful Zeus in Tarsem's huge epic IMMORTALS this November, we shall watch him as Aramis in THE THREE MUSKETEERS, and beside John Cusack in THE RAVEN, period film on Edgar Allan Poe.

Thanks to "Beyond Hollywood" you can check out the first concept art from one of the biggest upcoming sf epics COBRA: THE SPACE PIRATE.  HOLLYWOOD SPY has mentioned last year this sf adventure to be directed by Alexandre Aja,  which will be an
adaptation of the Japanese manga about a space pirate named Cobra who refuses to align with either the United Galaxies Federation or the Pirates Guild, which results in a huge bounty being placed on his head. Hoping to stay one foot ahead of his captors, Cobra teams up with another bounty hunter named Jane who is searching for her sisters in order to decode a treasure map that has been tattooed onto their backs. Together, Cobra and Jane hope to secure a lost treasure hidden somewhere on Mars. Alexandre Aja wants to make a space opera adventure franchise for a new generation with this project.

You already know how I love me some epics! A few years ago I reported about an epic based on Hercules, and it seems it is moving on now: Brett Ratner should adapt comic book HERCULES: THE THRACIAN WARS for MGM about the powerful son of
the god king Zeus, for which he received nothing but suffering his entire life. After twelve arduous labors and the loss of his family, this dark, world-weary soul turns his back on the gods finding his only solace in bloody battle. Over the years he warms to the company of six similar souls, their only bond being their love of fighting and presence of death. These men and a woman never question where they go to fight or why or whom, just how much they will be paid. When the King of Thrace hires these mercenaries to train his men to become the greatest army of all time it is time for these lost souls to finally have their eyes opened to how far they have fallen when they must train an army to become as ruthless and blood thirsty as their reputation has become.

27 comments:

  1. i wonder who's going to play hercules. they'll have a hard time besting kevin sorbo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they will find someone real charismatic and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Luke Evans. :)

    Wow, that Hercules: The Thracian Wars sounds ruthless. Fortunately I kind of like a ruthless, bloody story now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we do love Luke a lot, don't we Luanne? :)
    HERCULES will be based on the same comic book, you might check it out it looks quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, very, very nice! Great posters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hercules Hercules Hercules. Great project. I've always been fascinated by the Greek demigod.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like we'll be seeing a lot of Luke Evans in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow! that cobra art is gorgeous! and hercules could be really good! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hercules is going to be beyond epic. I love the Greek gods and heroes.

    Luke Evans is delicious no matter what he does. The Raven project with John Cusack sounds very intriguing. I love Poe. I also can't wait for the new TV series featuring Poe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope Hercules is a winner. Love the cobra poster.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dezzy,

    Back to the grind of work. How are you doing??

    Nothing for me today, but i just wanted to wish you happy Tuesday

    Custard

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fingers crossed for Hercules! I hope they execute it well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Clarissa
    glad you like it :)

    @Matty
    with your breathtaking body, Matty, I reckon you could audition for the role of Hercules :)

    @Susan
    I don't see anyone complaining, Suzy :)))

    @Vics
    isn't it an intriguing poster? It's a European production, but I hope it will be amazing. I love me some space soap opera :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These sounds like some strange but interesting films!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Melsy
    did you know that Luke Evans is openly gay in his private life? I think he is quite unique in that matter, most celebs hide such things.
    Oooh, I can't wait to see POE TV series either, hope we shall get some pics soon, especially since it stars my beloved Tabrett Bethel :)

    @Lyndy
    'tis a cool poster, isn't it?

    @Custie
    hey, Custie, where did you go missing? The Borg kidnapped you? Yes? Ah, I knew it! Bet those aliens didn't know who they were messing with, since I see it took you just one weekend to destroy their cube and return to Federation.
    I'm fine, as you can see I've celebrated second B-day on Sunday :)

    @Sam
    fingers crossed, fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Matthew
    it's true, they are a bit strange!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Dezzy, Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you......

    Well done, 2 years? wowsers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cobra has my interest. Happy Birthday Hollywood Spy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am very excited about the 3-musketeers

    ReplyDelete
  20. Space pirates! Say no more matey, I'm already there. Aargh.. :))
    Jocking aside, this looks like an interesting adventure story, in an interesting (to me at least) setting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That will be one hell of an interesting movie, Cobra. Wow. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I did not know that about Luke. Good for him. I wish no one ever had reason to feel they have to hide who they are or who they love. We are all human and our differences make us beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Custie
    I guess I must start behaving now that I'm all grown up :)

    @Budd
    COBRa should have your interest :) and thanks

    @Avalon
    I hope you saw the trailer, you can watch it if you click the red link in the post

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Bels
    aargh indeed :) You, before anyone else, know how much I love me a space opera :)

    @Rob
    thanks, Rob, and the film should be super exciting :) And welcome to HOLLYWOOD SPY ;)

    @Melsy
    wisely said, darling, we are beautiful for being honest and different :)or for being stunningly gorgeous like the two of us he he :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh, I'd love to see Luke w/ KST. Glad to see he's getting more good roles.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.