Tuesday, May 31, 2011

IS DC PREPARING A "HAWKMAN" MOVIE ADAPTATION? GREAT POSTER FOR HUGH JACKMAN'S "REAL STEEL"! SYFY BRINGS HUMANS WITH SUPER POWERS IN "ALPHAS"

According to "BadAssDigest" one of the latest super hero comics to get its movie adaptation is DC's HAWKMAN. It will apparently be
a mix of INDIANA JONES, THE DA VINCI CODE and GHOST and it will follow the fictional superhero who  uses archaic weaponry and large, artificial wings attached to a harness made of the Nth metal that allows him to fly. The winged superhero usually works closely with a partner and at the same time a romantic interest named Hawkgirl or Hawkwoman in his fight against supervillains. The film will be produced by Adrian Askarieh, whom HOLLYWOOD SPY has mentioned last year as the producer of the upcoming adventure LEONARDO DA VINCI AND THE SOLDIERS OF FOREVER.

Dreamworks has just released a lovely new poster for their October blockuster REAL STEEL in which Hugh Jackman
plays a futuristic washed-up fighter who lost his chance at a title when 2000-pound, 8-foot-tall steel robots took over the ring. Now nothing but a small-time promoter, he earns just enough money piecing together low-end bots from scrap metal to get from one underground boxing venue to the next. When he hits rock bottom, he reluctantly teams up with his estranged son Max to build and train a championship contender. As the stakes in the brutal, no-holds-barred arena are raised, he and Max, against all odds, get one last shot at a comeback.

Premiering this July on SyFy is the new show coming from the writers of X-MEN THE LAST STAND. Called ALPHAS,  it will
follow a team of ordinary citizens with extraordinary mental and physical abilities: Nina (Laura Mennell) is able to re-program people's brains, Bill's (Malik Yoba) ability is to summon amazing strength, Gary (Ryan Cartwright) can read electromagnetic wave, Rachel (Azita Ghanizada) can enhance one of her senses, while Cameron (Warren Christie) possesses flawless aim, perfect balance, and greatly enhanced motor skills. Led by Dr. Lee Rosen (David Strathairn), the fivesome takes the law into their own hands, investigating cases that suggest other Alpha activity to uncover what the CIA, FBI and Pentagon have not been able, or willing, to solve.

26 comments:

  1. I'll see anything with Hugh Jackman. Australians are the new sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Alpha powers. Mind control would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Futuristic fighters? Real Steel, not so much the Real Deal, but sounds. at least Real Cool.

    Happy Memorial Day Dezzy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dez, thanks for coming by my blog... i hope you can drop me an email.. I have some offers for you.. reanact(at)gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was willing to give Alphas a chance until i read its from the writers of Last Stand. Then my willingness to give it a chance dropped

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not familiar w/Hawkman! And that Real Steel reminds me of Robocop... :D

    Interesting stuff! Thanks, Dez~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool poster for real steel! i think i'm about superhero-ed out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reel Steel???
    Awesome. I was just reading about that film today, as a matter of fact.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alphas sounds very exciting. The more I read about Real Steel, the more intersting it becomes. At first I was convinced I would never go and see it.

    Hawkman sounds very cool. It's about time DC started looking into other heroes besides Batman and Superman.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't like the look of Real Steel first of all, but after seeing the trailer I'm looking forward to seeing it. It's kind of weird seeing Jackman in a relatively normal role, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ALPHAS is something to think about but LEONARDO DA VINCI AND THE SOLDIERS OF FOREVER, now that sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hugh Jackman in my summer & my fall not bad at all! ;-)
    Nice poster!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Luanne
    yep, I wouldn't mind being invisible (for all sorts of naughty reasons he he ) and to be able to control powers of nature :)

    @Matty
    yep, REAL STEEL sounds rather cool, and Hugh Jackman is always a pleasure to watch.
    And as someone whose country has been a brutal victim of American soldiers a number of times, I don't celebrate Memorial Day, Matty :(

    @Reana
    thanks, Reana, but I'm not really interested in spam offers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Dirty
    he he .. I haven't watched LAST STAND myself, I kinda lost interest in X-MEN long time ago, but I did hear it wasn't overly great

    @Leigh
    glad you like it, Leigh and have a nice vacation from Blogging :)

    @Vics
    I have a strange notion that super heroes will keep attacking us from cinemas in the future as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Drew
    you have a trailer for it somewhere at my site too :)

    @Melsy
    I hope they will make Hawkman a nice costume if they decide to really go with the filming

    @Jamie
    yes, most people, me included, have changed their opinion about REAL STEEL after seeing the trailer

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Lurk
    if you click the red letters in the post you can read more about that LEONARDO DA VINCI movie :)

    @Michael
    two interesting projects I reckon

    @Summer
    in winter and spring too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hawkman, really. Of all there properties, they are going with Hawkman. I guess it makes sense if they are copying the marvel method of doing individual movies for characters before doing the ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanna watch Real Steel!!!!!! :D it looks very very cool!!

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Reel Steel has this Robcop feel, but it makes me think of the Stephen King movie, "The Running Man"
    game on~

    Alphas sounds like a great summer departure; I'm going to give it a try~

    Thanks Dezzy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't know they were making a Hawkan movie

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Budd
    it's just a rumor, the film might not happen at all :)

    @Sickbytrend
    it does look good, glad you like it ;)

    @Ella
    be welcome, Ella, glad you enjoyed some of the news

    @Pool
    'tis a fresh new rumor :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. How'd I miss Real Steel? Never heard of it but it sounds fun if it is done correctly. Like a Robo-Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Dezzy, sorry I've been absent for a while. I took a 3-day break from computer this weekend and still playing catch-up w/ my friends' blogs :D

    I like Hugh but I have zero interest in seeing Reel Steel. It doesn't help that I saw the trailer right after Transformers and I thought it was still promoting the same movie!

    Btw that Warren Christie looks an awful lot like Matthew Bommer, both are such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Geof
    he he if you use the SEARCH BUTTON in the right sidebar you can find REAL STEEL trailer too :) It's really nice.

    @Ruth
    Bommer is really a stunning a man, and also a gay person :) He needs more big roles.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.