Saturday, May 28, 2011

1ST TRAILER FOR "I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT" WITH S.J. PARKER, GREG KINNEAR & PIERCE BROSNAN! LOVELY PICTURE FROM PIXAR'S SCOTISH EPIC "BRAVE"! ZACK BRAFF JOINS "OZ", JOHN CHO JOINES "TOTAL RECALL"!

Last winter I showed you first concept art from upcoming animated epic BRAVE and now I have a picture from the film itself  showing the lovely lead character, the impetuous, tangle-haired Merida. Though a daughter of royalty, she would prefer to make her mark
as a great archer. A clash of wills with her mother compels Merida to make a reckless choice, which unleashes unintended peril on her father's kingdom and her mother's life. Merida struggles with the unpredictable forces of nature, magic and a dark, ancient curse to set things right. This Pixar's new action adventure is set in the
ancient times of mythic Scotland and it should premiere in summer 2012.

SHORT HEADLINES *STAR TREK's charmer John Cho has joined Colin Farrell in TOTAL RECALL remake as a salesman who convinces Farrell to implant new memories in his mind. *TV star Zac Braff has joined OZ THE GREAT AND THE POWERFUL in which he will play the assistant to Oz played by James Franco. As you know, the witches will be played by Michelle Williams, Rachel Weisz and Mila Kunis. *Orlando Bloom has been officially confirmed for THE HOBBIT! He will play his famous elven archer Legolas again. *Three big adventure films WOLVERINE 2, AKIRA and
UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE have all lost their directors and are now searching for the new ones. *According to fresh rumors, beside Tom Hiddleston as Loki, who will be the main villain in THE AVENGERS, the super hero film might also have Thanos, a mad cosmic tyrant, as the second bad guy.

And here's the first trailer for a new comedy coming to cinemas this September I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT, which is a film adaptation of Allison Pearson's bestseller. Starring Sarah Jessica Parker, Greg Kinnear, Pierce Brosnan, Olivia Munn, Kelsey Grammer and Christina Hendricks, the film follows a high-powered finance type (Parker, looking strange and confused in the trailer) who's also the mother of two young children, and a wife of a man
who doesn't work (Kinnear) and she is trying to balance the many competing elements in her life. Hendricks and Munn (who looks stunning in the trailer) are playing her best friends. The film is directed by Douglas McGrath (EMMA, NICHOLAS NICKLEBY).

And don't forget that this Sunday I'm bringing you HOLLYWOOD SPY'S GUIDE THROUGH SUMMER 2011 ROMANTIC FILMS! For all my ladies :) Lots of posters and trailers!

20 comments:

  1. How happy do you think he is now that he gets to be "STAR TREK's charmer John Cho" and not "Harold & Kumars John Cho"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've no idea, I've never watched HAROLD AND KUMAR, and I did love him, and all other actors, in STAR TREK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I totally relate to that Sarah Jessica Parker movie. It's on my must see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, many women and men will relate to her character and the hectic life, even though I'm not sure we believe Sarah in that particular role :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Total Recall remake? No way! I loved that movie. Gotta watch it for sure. Olivia Munn certainly moves fast! From reviewing video games, to being a Daily Show contributor, to a film with Pierce Brosnan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just don't know how to feel about that Oz movie. James Franco has me worried, though I love all the women playing the witches. Mila Kunis has really impressed me in some of her movie roles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the witches from Oz. John Cho makes an incredible addition to Total Recall and I so cannot wait for The Hobbit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Orlando Bloom is fabulous as Legolas. It will be nice to see him reprise that role.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orlando Bloom & Mila Kunis thumbs up but I am not a huge fan of Franco and not sure what others see in him either? W.C.C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoo! An absolute tonne of great geeky movie news. Thanks for the heads up, Dez. Looking forward to seeing that first trailer for Brave.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @HiFi
    Munn was reviewing video games? :))) And now she also became Justin Timberlake's girlfriend if we can trust the rumors :)

    @Luanne
    yep, I also don't really trust Franco, especially after the hosting atrocities he committed at this year's Oscars :(

    @Melsy
    yep, the witches will make me watch the film too. And I find Cho terribly charming. Hope he could become first big Asian star in Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jay
    it certainly does!

    @Debra
    he really was amazing as Legolas, it's his trade mark role which he never managed to beat.

    @WC
    Yep, I don't get his appeal either. It's not that I don't like him, I just don't see the reason for giving him so many roles when he didn't prove his acting skills so far

    @Jamie
    glad you like the news. The trailer for BRAVE should come later in June probably with JOHN CARTER sf epic trailer which I'm dying to see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brave sounds pretty good but I am biased towards anything involving my own country.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You go John Cho! Total Recall just became credible. And more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Ricky
    off course, especially when you live in such a beautiful country as your Scotland is! Tell, me do you have your own Scottish castle? :PPP

    @Matty
    I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not sure why Legolas is coming back for The Hobbit since he isn't mentioned in the book. Probably a small cameo as the Elven king's son :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep, and it seems everybody is coming back except my favourite Eomer Karl Urban :(((

    ReplyDelete
  18. Remakes and Colin Farrell seem to be the rage these days with "Fright Night" about to be released for the actor. Not sure how I feel about a "Total Recall" remake though....still have a lot of love for the original. What can I say...Arnold's acting charm has a hold on me still!

    ReplyDelete
  19. yep, Colin is into remakes a lot for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.