Sunday, March 20, 2011

AARON JOHNSON & JUDE LAW IN "ANNA KARENINA"? BRENDAN FRASER, CHRISTINA HENDRICKS & MATT DILLON IN "SECONDS OF PLEASURE"! SALMA HAYEK AS A DRUG CARTEL MATRIARCH IN OLIVER STONE'S "SAVAGES"

Now, here's an interesting cast: Brendan Fraser and Christina Hendricks will join a bit forgotten actors - Julia Stiles, Matt Dillon, Ed Harris and Kristen Scott Thomas  in the new drama SECONDS OF PLEASURE a story that takes place on an airplane and connects the lives of people on the plane through vignettes. The film will be directed by Mike Figgis (LEAVING LAS VEGAS) from a script from Neil LaBute (THE WICKER MAN, THE SHAPE OF THINGS). The film will be shot in United Kingdom to be released in 2012.

Young Brit Aaron Johnson, who played an amateur super hero in KICKASS, is negotiating to take the role in the new film adaptation of Tolstoy's ANNA KARENINA. But don't get your hopes up, it probably won't have any depth having in mind that the famous Russian tragic character will be played by Keira Knightley. The film will be directed by Joe Wright who already worked with her in ATONEMENT, the film in which she was actually the weakest link.  It's interesting that Jude Law is also rumored to appear in the film, possibly as Vronsky, but it's still not clear which characters will Aaron and he play.

Speaking of Aaron Johnson, he is also circling around SAVAGES, a new film by Oliver Stone in which he and Taylor Kitsch could play  two young pot growers who run their business out of their Laguna Beach home. But jealous of the quality of their weed, a Mexican drug cartel kidnaps their best friend and forces the duo to work for the cartel.The best part is that Salma Hayek could play the matriarch of the cartel :) Olivia Wilde could play their kidnapped friend.

23 comments:

  1. to be honest, i don't think i want to see any of these! how strange! i hope your having a lovely weekend dezz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savages sounds interesting.

    I read Anna Karenina ages ago. I can't remember it too well, so I wouldn't mind a movie. Maybe I should watch one of the earlier adaptations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seconds of Pleasure sounds like a delightful film. An interesting premise, a good cast, and a solid director. Not too shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seconds of Pleasure--maybe. I often enjoy those interconnecting story movies.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay so I'm really excited about "Savages"! I can't wait to hear more about that one!!

    I gave you an award on my site!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Give me more Taylor Kitsch, please. LOL You get the best eye candy, my friend. You are so right about Keira Knightly, I can't stand her acting. Ugh! She plays every role as a brat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the first one will be fun! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Vics
    better luck next time, Vics :))

    @Medeia
    it is a timeless classic, so a new film adaptation is always nice, although many of the more recent ones were horrible. For example the one with Sophie Marceau and Sean Bean was atrocious.

    @Matty
    I agree with you, Matty, the premise is quite interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Arlee
    me too, Lee, those parallel interconnecting stories are always very interesting in films.

    @Nicole
    oooh, I shall pop over to your place immediately :)

    @Melsy
    ah, I know you have hots for a bit of Kitsch, darling :) We shall enjoy ourselves watching him as JOHN CARTER OF MARS when that sf epic finally arrives to cinemas next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jonathon
    yep, his photo-modeling pics are always rather hot, but he is a Kelvin Clein model after all :)

    @Clarissa
    it will, Clarissa, lots of actors and lots of little plots in what film. Hope you're having a nice Sunday too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seconds of Pleasure sounds pretty interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about the Anna Karenina, though. It's one of my favorites, and I just can't see that working. Well, we'll have to see, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 'tis true, Rosie, ANNA KARENINA need a strong and capable actress, not some flimsy totally uncharismatic showbiz tart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Salma and Olivia in one movie? Visual feast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh I totally LOVE the idea of Jude and Aaron in Anna Karenina, but I'm with you Dezzy, I'd rather see someone else in the title role. I don't dislike her as much as you do, but I just don't see her as a Russian aristocrat. I think we need a much more expressive actress to convey such an emotional and passionate story.

    Have you seen Dangerous Beauty Dezzy? I think Catherine McCormack as a Venetian courtesan was pretty good in the role. We need someone with that kind of beauty who's believable in portraying being torn in love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Alex
    it will be quite a lovely film for the eye

    @Flixy
    yep, I don't have a problem with the male cast, which is quite talented and lovely, but with that person in the female lead. I'd like Suffron Burrows or Emmanuelle Bear in the role :) Catherine is a bit too old these days, although she had some great performances back in her days.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Flixy
    PS, forgot to say I really loved DANGEROUS BEAUTY. I've seen it a few years ago on TV, I didn't catch it back when it was in cinemas some long time ago, but I loved it, it was quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seconds of pleasure sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmm...this may be the first time I've read one of your posts and not had my interest piqued. I might have gotten excited about the ANNA KARENINA film, but then you mentioned Kiera Knightly. Blech. :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Lynda
    it does!

    @Emily
    ah, what can I tell you, there are no new news during weekends, this is all I've got :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I LOVE Saffron Burrows! But she might be too old for the role unfortunately. Glad you like Dangerous Beauty, of course I love it because Rufus is the leading man, I'd love to see him in a role like that again [sigh]

    ReplyDelete
  21. Saffron is only 39, which is not that old, and she doesn't look old at all, and we do need someone who has that mature aura, not someone too young.
    Oh, I totally forgot Rufus played in DANGEROUS BEATY :) Shame on me :( Is he now playing in some British TV show?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes indeed Dezzy, it's called Aurelio Zen on BBC. Check out this sexy clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_sow3BRMQk I'm hoping to see it one of these days w/ my good friend Prairiegirl.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :)