Friday, January 28, 2011

HUGH JACKMAN, JUDE LAW, CHRIS PINE IN "RISE OF THE GUARDIANS" EPIC! NEW SF "AGE OF RAGE". VIGGO MORTENSEN IN "SNOWHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN"

Now this is one great voice cast: Hugh Jackman, Chris Pine, Alec Baldwin, Jude Law and Isla Fisher will give their voices to DreamWorks' new animated 3D epic RISE OF THE
GUARDIANS
. Based on the series of children books, which are yet to be published, the film follows a group of heroic childhood legends, each with extraordinary abilities. When Pitch (Jude Law), an evil spirit akin to the boogeyman, lays down the gauntlet to take over the world, the immortal Guardians must join forces for the first time to protect the hopes, beliefs and imagination of children all over the world. Hugh Jackman will be Bunnymund (the Easter Bunny), Alec Baldwin is North (Santa Claus) and Isla Fisher is Tooth (the Tooth Fairy). The super charming film with interesting plot should come out some time in 2012.

SHORT HEADLINES As HOLLYWOOD SPY predicted before, Michael Fassbender has officially signed to star in PROMETHEUS, the prequel to Ridley Scott's ALIEN. He will play an android. Viggo Mortensen has officially signed to play the huntsman in SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN in which Charlize Theron should play the Evil Queen while young and beautiful Emily Browning (SUCKER PUNCH) has just auditioned last week for the role of Snow White.

According to "Heat Vision" Marc Webb, who is currently directing SPIDER-MAN reboot, will direct AGE OF RAGE, a sophisticated sci-fi movie set in a post-apocalyptic society where all the adults have died and a group of teens sets about trying to establish a new society. Mark Heyman (BLACK SWAN) is currently writing the script for the ambitious futuristic film.

26 comments:

  1. Legend of the Guardians... Rise of the Guardians... Rather Fair but not too great in their own unique way, of the Guardians...

    Alright, well I made one of those three up, but I see a pattern here and wanted to get in on the action before it was too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I first saw the news yesterday I also thought it was a sequel to the owl saga ... guess it's not ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Fassbender is so hot, I love, love that pic. You always get the sexiest photos, Dez.

    Viggo as the Huntsman, oh yeah. He looks good with sword in hand. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool movie news! The animated film sounds cool. Too bad all that hunkiness won't be seen onscreen though. :)
    Also, the Snow White movie sounds awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you just have too much interesting news Dez. Still, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Age of Rage sounds interesting. And quite the lineup for Rise of the Guardians.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rise of the Guardians looks like a fun animation film. That is, indeed, a superb cast!

    Chris Pine is going to be an A-Lister in America for a while. I'm hoping the Star Trek Sequel is as good as the first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rise of the guardians sounds something like fables. Rage sounds pretty good, and I could definately watch Emily Browning as snow white.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Age of Rage -- I like post apocalyptic themes, but I don't like it when us older folks have to die.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out and the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many "Epic" movies in production. I hope at least one of them doesn't fail =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wish the studios would give up on the whole 3D thing. It's a one trick pony and you get over it very, very quickly. Or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hugh Jackman is the man!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Melissa
    yes, that pic really inspires the naughty imagination,doesn't it? :) But you would be disappointed if I didn't give you the best of pics, wouldn't you?

    @Kelly
    yep, my thought exactly, all that hunkiness left unseen :(

    @Matthew
    he he... I do??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Alex
    AGE OF RAGE really does sound interesting!

    @Matty
    I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for STAR TREK II to be great. I'm not sure about Pine right now, he has some really mediocre films coming out, and he didn't get any big role yet, beside playing Kirk. And although I like him, I've noticed that many people find him arrogant

    @Budd
    Emily should be great as Snow White if she gets the role.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Arlee
    that why you "older folks" have to watch how you raise the younger generations :)

    @Doo
    I love me some epic any time

    @Michael
    I personally never got used to 3D, it gives me headaches and confuses me :)

    @Stock
    indeed he is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hugh Jackman needs to bulk up a bit don't you think? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. AGE OF RAGE sounds intersting. What's a sophisticated sci-fi ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Fassbender's career is on fire! Now I'm suddenly interested in the Alien project :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good to see some sci-fiy stuff coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Wendy
    just an inch or two :))

    @Lyndy
    he he ... well, maybe the visuals will be sophisticated :)))

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Flixy
    you stole the words right out of my mouth :)

    @MPax
    sf is a very popular and beloved genre here at HOLLYWOOD SPY :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's interesting to me that they're basing a movie on books YET to be written. How cool would that be.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think I would do the same if I was publishing a book - I'd sell the rights on movie adaptation before the book's out :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh man, i would have loved to see hugh jackman in a bunny costume ala a christmas story. another time then...stupid animation.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I shall kindly ask Hugh to do it at your next birthday party :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah I dont think I want to see that Justin Timerlake movie lol

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.