Monday, October 4, 2010

WONDER WOMAN GETTING HER TV SHOW? OLIVIA WILDE JOINS JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE IN "I'M.MORTAL". BAZ LUHRMANN AND LEO DE CAPRIO IN "THE GREAT GATSBY"? KATHERINE HEIGL ON AN ADVENTURE IN "OUTLANDER"

New sf film I'M.MORTAL by Andrew Niccol, which we've been following a lot this year, has gained a new cast member. Olivia Wilde will join the cast which already includes Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried and Cillian Murphy in the story about a futuristic world in which time is the currency and the rich can buy themselves immortality. Although younger than Justin, Olivia will play his mother, who has obviously bought her young looks in such a world. Vincent Kartheiser (MAD MEN) will play Justin's father.
Katherine Heigl might star in OUTLANDER, according to "Playlist". This fantasy adventure will be based on the 6 novel saga
by Diane Gabaldon, which starts in 1945 and follows an English nurse, who while on honeymoon in the Scottish highlands is transported back in time to 1743, where she finds a series of adventures and romance.

One of the best directors out there, Baz Luhrmann (MOULIN ROUGE, ROMEO AND JULIET, AUSTRALIA) is currently thinking about whether to adapt THE GREAT GATSBY as his new film project or to do a new musical. If he decides to adapt Fitzgerald's famous novel, rumors say that Leonardo DiCaprio would play Jay Gatsby, Tobey Maguire
would play Nick Carraway and Amanda Seyfried would play Daisy Buchanan. I'm kinda voting for a new musical, the GATSBY cast doesn't amaze me.

According to "Deadline TV" it seems we shall have a new WONDER WOMAN TV series. David E. Kelley (ALLY MCBEAL, BOSTON LEGAL) will write and produce the show for Warner Bros. Television. The feature film on the super heroine might be announced till the end of the year as well. Powerful WONDER WOMAN with her lasso of truth and her iconic bracelets might in that way get her own show to replace SMALLVILLE which is in its final season.

23 comments:

  1. If that's her outfit, I'm all for a new Wonder Woman series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a foreseeing notion that you would like that outfit, Alex :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The countdown widget! I did make one last week, just haven't posted it yet. My bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know a lotta, lotta people really hated luhrmann's romeo and juliet- but i thought it was totally brilliant (even though dicaprio annoys the heck out of me for some inexplicable reason). so, i'm rooting for a project without little leo.

    and man alive! it would be so FREAKY to have a mom that looks younger than you! that movie is still sounding intriguing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DiCaprio as Gatsby? I can picture that.
    I love time travel, but I don't know about Outlander --- well if this Katherine Heigl is in it I might give it a chance.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. There haven’t been any successful super heroine movies. Even Supergirl, Catwoman, Elektra and Buffy couldn’t make a go of it. But in television we have Buffy, Xena and Wonder Woman herself all successful. There just seems to be a slight difference between the movie audience and the TV audience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Baz and would totally see the Great Gatsby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, but I'm not jazzed about WW unless they truly do it right. One of the great things about Linda Carter playing that role so long ago was that she actually looked like an Amazon woman. Unfortunately they seem to want to cast some dainty little thing in this role, and that's just wrong (and stupid). Diana was supposed to be a warrior for crying out loud. Not some wimpy little admin assistant who stands barely an unimpressive 5'3", without any real muscle definition to her body.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool, cool, cool! I would love to see Wonder Woman become a TV show.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't mind a Wonder Woman TV show. I actually do hope that they'll change much about her in order to adapt her to modern times and limited TV budget.

    Also, I'm Mortal and Outlander sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. DEZMOND - LOVE that pic of Wonder Woman too. Also, must say yummy to Justin Timberlake!!! Thank you Dez. I think the movie actually sound like a lot of fun. It's new and different. I hope it turns out. Plus, I love the fact that Olivia is playing Justin's mom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Vics
    you're not the only one, sister, I also find Leo annoying and I didn't love ROMEO AND JULIET just because of him, unlike MOULIN ROUGE which I adored.

    @Arlee
    I knew her picture would be enough to convince you :)

    @Jaccsy
    it's true, Jaccsy, both CATWOMAN and ELECTRA were flops because the actresses were horrible and unsuitable for their roles. TV situation is different because you don't need to attract tens of millions of viewers.

    @Jeennee
    we love Baz too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Eric
    I agree WONDER WOMAN needs to have the looks as well, we don't want some bonny teen girl, but some curvaceous lady with charisma and strength.

    @Clarissa
    glad you like it :)

    @Bels
    I'M.MORTAL and OUTLANDER do sound cool :)

    @Shells
    just for you, I promise to use any convenient opportunity to post Justin's pics here :))) And there will be a poll here later this year with him in it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this great update. I feel so "in" re: the latest in Hollywood after I read your site. I'm esp. excited about the Great Gatsby--although I think it should be a musical. And set in Australia. Luhrmann would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. be welcome, Sammy, glad to keep you updated ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I heard WW has a new costume. She isn't as spangly as she once was.

    Oh, and yes, I love your avatar. I love the low polygon count :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. yes, and I must say I positively hate the new costume :(
    Glad an expert likes me avatar :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Dezmond i must agree you i also don't like the new costume.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you agree :) The new costume is too dark and unattractive, it's just not the Wonder Woman we used to like :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's fantastic! I didn't know Vincent Kartheiser was playing Timberlake's dad! This film just got way better!

    ReplyDelete
  21. well, he just got the role last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the concept of I.M.Mortal, but I'm not a fan of JT at all, so I'm a bit dubious about it.
    I'm in agreement with Alex, if that's the costume of Wonder Woman, then count me in :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. ah, I knew that Wonder Woman pic would be appealing to you guys :))
    And how can you not be a fan of Justin? It's heresy saying such things here at HOLLYWOOD SPY :)))))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :)