Monday, October 25, 2010

KRISTIN DAVIES IN NBC'S "THE HAPPINESS PROJECT". SYFY GREENLITS "BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BLOOD AND CHROME". TOUCHING TRAILER FOR NICOLE KIDMAN'S "RABBIT HOLE"

Kristin Davies (voted your favourite SEX AND THE CITY girl in HOLLYWOOD SPY's poll) is coming back to small screens in NBC's new sitcom THE HAPPINESS PROJECT based on the bestselling book
by Gretchen Rubin about a writer from New York who spends her time testing theories on how to be happier in life. It's interesting that the book has also inspired a blog, which had Kristin Davies as one of the faithful followers and readers :)))

SyFy has decided to greenlit BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: BLOOD AND CHROME, a new chapter in the popular sf saga.  The 2-hour pilot will have cutting edge CGI and will take place in the 10th year of the first Cylon war. As the battle between humans and the sentient robotic race rages across the 12 colonial worlds, a brash rookie viper pilot enters the fray. Ensign William Adama, barely in his 20's and a recent Academy graduate, finds himself assigned to the newest battlestar in the Colonial fleet... the
Galactica.The talented but hot-headed risk-taker soon finds himself leading a dangerous top secret mission that, if successful, will turn the tide of the decade long war in favor of the desperate fleet.

We've been waiting for a trailer from Nicole Kidman's and Aaron Eckhart's new drama RABBIT HOLE,  in which  they play a grieving husband and wife struggling with life after the loss of their child. The trailer is here and it reveals a possible Oscar contender in this film which gives an intimate glimpse into two people learning to re-engage with each other and a world that has been tilted off its axis:  she will open up to her mother and secretly reach out to the teenager  involved in the accident that had killed her child, while he will try to find solace with another woman. Oscar winner Dianne Wiest also appears in the movie playing Nicole's mother.

19 comments:

  1. Nicole and Aaron deserves another Oscar nom for their acting in Rabbit Hole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully this new Battlestar series will be better than Caprica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jaccsy
    I'm still not convinced about Aaron, but judging from the trailer at least, Nicole really did an outstanding job again and could possibly get a new nomination :) Diane Wiest as well.

    @Alex
    CAPRICA's second season still hasn't been granted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Battlestar and can't wait until that comes out! Thanks for the news.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  5. that BG was huge among the SciFi loving fellas I know. I'm sure they're psyched about that! cool stuff here~ :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't get enough BSG. SyFy stuff either tends to strike gold or bomb horribly, BSG is definitely gold. Here's hoping this Blood and Chrome (awesome name) lives up to the series standard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serious drama, Oscar contenders, Christmas movie season=Academy Awards are coming soon.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. yikes. that rabbit hole looks amazing. just the trailer had me bawling though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have come to the conclusion that I hate prequels, except in the most ideal of circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love SyFy's contemporary BSG, though I'd have to wait for the dvd for this one. Blood & Chrome is a cool name for the series. Wonder if they'll bring back hunky Jamie Bamber again? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Clarissa
    oh, didn't know you were a sf junkie :))

    @Leigh
    yes, some sf fans loved BATTLESTAR, although I must admit I never really understood why. I'm a huge sf fan, and I tried watching it but it was just deadly boring.

    @Mesmerix
    yep, the tittle is kinda interesting although not so original having in mind BLOOD AND SAND from SPARTACUS and TRUE BLOOD, just too much blood out there already :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Arlee
    yep, Oscars and Globes are just around the corner, be sure to buy your red carpet gown in time :)))

    @Vics
    it is very touching!

    @Budd
    yes, prequels tend to get kinda boring, it's better jumping straight into the future :)) But then again I thought I would hate STAR TREK ENTERPRISE, but I didn't :)

    @Flixy
    oh, yes, sister, Bamber was the only bright thing of that show!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Intrigued by that Battlestar show. It does sound like it could be a great SciFi show (finally something other than SG:U!) but I am not a fan of the title "Blood and Chrome." Spartacus anyone? Regardless, if they keep it action, and don't do what they've done so far with BSG (I just can't seem to watch season 4) then it should be good. And Rabbit Hole sounds pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yep, Bry, I just mentioned the similarity with BLOOD AND SAND above you :)))

    ReplyDelete
  15. excited about battlestar. Sounds cool. Rabbit Hole isn't really my kinda movie...but I'll prob watch it anyways ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. don't like rabbits or don't like holes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. DEZMOND - You know, my hub and I were just talking about Battlestar Galactia. Loved that show! It could be great, depending on story and actors, with all of the CGI. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the sound of Rabbit Hole maybe more for Diane Wiest.
    And as much as people will no doubt discard me forever, but I have never watched a single episode of Battlestar Gallactica. Ohhh bring on the fury ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Shells
    well, if you are watching it with the hubs, then I approve :)

    @Dempsy
    don't worry, Dempsy, I'am a huge fan of sf and I tried watching BSG but it was so deadly boring I just couldn't watch more than two episodes.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.