Tuesday, October 12, 2010

JUDE LAW IS HOLLYWOOD SPY'S BEST BRITISH GENTLEMAN. NEW POLL: IT'S CHIC TO BE GEEK!

The final part of our THE BEST BRITISH GENTLEMAN poll is over and I thank you for leaving hundreds and hundreds of votes. The winner is Jude Law who took 212 of your votes (44%), leaving  the second place to Jeremy Northam whose fans
came in great numbers leaving 37% of votes to him. Our beloved Paul Bettany took third spot with 7% of your love.

Now, I'm sure that you will agree with me that Jude Law is a positively charismatic actor. No matter which films he appears in and no matter who he stars with he always steals the show with his magnetic aura. He had so many stunning roles that it's difficult to name them all: I think most of us noticed him for the first time in the amazing sf flick GATTACA, after that he brought us a brilliant performance in THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY, then came the terrific war epic ENEMY AT THE GATES with one of his most outstanding roles ever. The very same year he truly shined in Spielberg's ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE playing the most convincing android. And then he mesmerized us in the stunning epic COLD MOUNTAIN. Then came the famous 2004, the year of his life, in which he had record breaking six films and all stunning performances - I HEART HUCKABEES, the mind-blowing SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW, ALFIE,
touching CLOSER, then Jude as Errol Flynn in AVIATOR, and LEMONY SNICKET. After that he was stunning and romantic in THE HOLIDAY with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet. We'll be seeing him in the sequel to SHERLOCK HOLMES, in epic thriller CONTAGION again with Winslet, and in Martin Scorsese's HUGO CABRET.
Believe it or not, he never won an Oscar, but he was nominated for RIPLEY and COLD MOUNTAIN. He also never won a Golden Globe. That's the shame of today's award world. He owns a production company with his two best friends who were also competing in our poll Ewan McGregor (the two of them were even roommates once) and Johnny Lee Miller. He is also a close friend with Rachel Weisz while top model Kate Moss is even a godmother to one of his four kids.

Now, since we've covered our lovely British ladies and dashing British gents, let's go to those who are the total opposite
of being refined and elegant - famous nerds :) We do love them, they are charming, funny, witty, smart and above all adorkable. So since it's CHIC TO BE GEEK who's your favourite: Adam Brody (O.C.), Christopher Gorham (UGLY BETTY, COVERT AFFAIRS), Topher Grace (THAT 70'S SHOW, SPIDERMAN, IN GOOD COMPANY), Bret Harrison (REAPER, GROUNDED FOR LIFE), John Krasinski (THE OFFICE), Zachary Levi (CHUCK), Dev Patel (SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE) or Aaron Johnson (KICKASS). You can vote as much as you like next two weeks.

13 comments:

  1. missed the poll, but I agree re: Jude. First noticed him in Ripley, but was utterly miserable after Cold Mtn. As for the geeks... hmm. I like three--Brody, Grace & Krasinski... what to do? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jude! Although I once read in an article that he doesn't wash his hair very much. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

    I vote for Topher Grace. Loved him in that movie with Meg Ryan's ex husband. Can't think of the name, but I loved the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LTM
    well, you can drop by every day and vote for each of them one by one :))) Welcome to HOLLYWOOD SPY, hope we'll be seeing you here often :)

    @Julie
    well, he kinda lost most of his hair now so ... :) That was IN GOOD COMPANY, an amazing role by Topher, I totally agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure!
    Okay, I don't even remember who I voted for...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi DEZMOND - So, I do like Jude, but Clive Owen was the guy I voted for. I think I was the ONLY one. Love his sexy voice and he's a great actor. Voted for him almost every day, but the line NEVER moved. LOL That's OK. Hope you're having a good night. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Alex
    for Bettany I'm sure :)

    @Shells
    Clive had 12 votes in total, the same as Hopkins and Johnny Lee Miller :) I liked Clive in CLOSER, but didn't like him in KING ARTHUR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love me some Jude :) LOVED The Holiday. One of my favs of all time. Can't wait for the new Sherlock! (cause I love me some RDJ too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't guess there's a whole lot of point voting since I don't know who any of these geeky actors are, but if it's chic to be geek then I guess I'm chic.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jude is purdy, but not my fav. I guess I know too much about his "personal" life. Is it crazy that I'm going to have a hard time picking in this next poll? Guess I'm into the geeky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool!

    Now, I'm going to vote for the next one.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Kristin
    he was super charming in THE HOLIDAY, too bad Winslet wasn't his partner in it instead of Diaz.

    @Arlee
    geeks rule! :)

    @Lill Vics
    he is purdy, and yes, he is naughty privately. I hear that Kate Moss isn't even talking to him anymore because he cheated on Sadie Frost.

    @Clarissa
    vote, vote, vote, the geeks love when you vote for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't get the chance to vote on the poll, but I have to agree with the results. Jude is such a talented charming actor and I love that his characters are so different everytime. Of course, it doesn't hurt that he's one of the sexiest men alive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad you like the result of the poll, Moonwalker :) It's true that he often chooses very diverse roles, that's why we love him so much, and he is sexy as well.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.