Thursday, October 28, 2010

DARREN ARONOFSKY TO DIRECT "MACHINE MAN". A HAUNTED CASTLE IN "THE KEEP". EXCITING TRAILER FOR JAMES CAMERON'S UNDERWATER THRILLER "SANCTUM"

Talented Darren Aronofsky (REQUIEM FOR A DREAM, THE FOUNTAIN) has agreed to direct MACHINE MAN, a film based on an unfinished novel byMax Barry, in which the story centers on a tech-savvy engineer who is obsessed with self-improvement so he decides to replace his body parts with state of the art titanium upgrades but comes to learn that several organizations want to use him to serve their own agendas. Aronofsky will do this film after he finishes WOLVERINE II.

Niels Arden Oplev (THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO) is going to direct THE KEEP, based on Jennifer Egan's bestseller. Set in Eastern Europe THE KEEP brings a story within a story about two cousins with a shared secret who reunite to renovate a legendary haunted medieval castle that turns dreams and nightmares into reality.

Today, you can check out the super exciting and ultra dynamic trailer for the underwater thriller SANCTUM produced by James Cameron which comes to cinemas next February. It follows a team of underwater cave divers on a treacherous expedition to the largest, most beautiful and least accessible
cave system on Earth. When a tropical storm forces them deep into the caverns, they must fight raging water, deadly terrain and creeping panic as they search for an unknown escape route to the sea. With dwindling supplies, the crew must navigate an underwater labyrinth to make it out. Soon, they are confronted with the unavoidable question: Can they survive, or will they be trapped forever? The cast is lead by two amazing gentlemen Richard Roxburgh and Ioan Gruffudd.

25 comments:

  1. Sanctum looks much better than i would have thought! Very scary!
    And The Keep sounds amazing!!! very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, Vics, I didn't expect much from SANCTUM but the trailer really DID surprise me in a pleasant way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanctum sounds great! The Keep reminds me of the Michael Mann film of the same title from the early 80's. Now that was a creepy film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, looks like Cameron has done it again with Sanctum.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  5. Underwater adventure is one of my greatest passion so yeah I hardly can't wait to watch this wonderful Sanctum, just bring it on!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg---underwater & underground (a'la Descent) are just the scariest things to me. Like more scary than deep space--EEK!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the comments above, Sanctum look amazing, Cameron certainly knows how to deliver a good flick, can't wait until february

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sound of Sanctum but it combines my two worst fears so I don't think I'll be watching it. However, your daily updates are wonderful.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was expecting some underwater creatures attacking them, this is boring. :-PPP

    ReplyDelete
  10. This Aronofsky movie sounds incredible....
    I love just about everything he does.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love hearing about all this stuff from you! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Alex
    I'm afraid I haven't heard of that old THE KEEP

    @Masy
    mind you, he's just the producer, not the director in this case :)

    @Jaccsy
    so, Jaccsy, have you tried some underwater adventures yourself? You live close to the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Leigh
    it must have something to do with our inner claustrophobia :)

    @Dempsy
    it does seem like a super exciting film, Dempsy :)

    @Clarissa
    thank you, my dear, glad you find them wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Mike
    oh, please, Mike, like you are some captain Nemo and need some underwater beasts to start the adrenalin rush :)

    @Andrew
    he is a very sensual director and has a sensual wife as well - Rachel Weisz :)

    @Julie
    thanks, Juls, glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds quite interesting Sanctum does. Doubt I'll go and see it in theatres though. But could be a good film for a night in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A movie based on an unfinished novel? Will the movie have an end? Anyone want to buy the movie rights for one of my unfinished novels?

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Bryan
    that's exactly what I wanted to say - a perfect movie for a night in :)

    @Arlee
    I shall connect you with my connections in Tinseltown ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whew, that trailer gives me goosebumps! Man, Cameron just loves water doesn't he? This reminds me a bit of The Abyss but darker and scarier. Oooh, Ioan Gruffud... haven't seen him in a while. His American accent is so good I sometimes forget he's a Brit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hear you, sister, on Ioan Gruffudd, such a great actor. And a true charmer. I don't quite understand why he isn't bigger in the business! I believe he is Welsh not British :)))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sanctum gave me chills. Should be great. The Keep reminds me of an old low budget film of the same name. Can't remember who was in it...The dude from Highlander? Anyways, this new one sounds scary yet interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. DEZMOND - As much as I don't like scary movies, all of these stories sound very good.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dezz - Should have been more specific. The Keep and Sanctum. There, that's better. =D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dezz - I'm going to wait for him to finish him book before I decide if I like it or not. =D

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.