Monday, October 18, 2010

ABC TO MAKE "ROMEO AND JULIET" AND "THE INCREDIBLE HULK" TV SHOWS. NEIL PATRICK HARRIS PLANNING A DIRECTORIAL DEBUT

Now this is highly unusual: ABC is planning a ROMEO AND JULIET TV show! Yes, you heard it well, they will make a TV show out of the famous tragic love story by Shakespeare and they are  already negotiating with TWILIGHT's director Catherine Hardwicke to helm the
pilot. The show will tell the famous love story while also pealing away the curtain on the impetuous, incestuous, bloody and violent relationships during the Renaissance in Verona according to "Deadline".  Can't wait to see who will be the main actors!

Another show which will hit television in the future is THE INCREDIBLE HULK. Since the green monster wasn't overly successful in cinemas, Marvel and ABC are planning  a live-action TV series adaptation of the popular comic book about a physicist who turns into a green monster when his emotions are triggered. As you know,
Hulk will also appear in the superhero blockbuster THE AVENGERS in a few years played by Mark Ruffalo. And you also know, that Marvel's rival DC Comics is preparing their WONDER WOMAN TV show produced by David. E. Kelley.

One of the most popular TV comedians, Neil Patrick Harris (HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER) will make his directorial debut with ARON AND SARAH, a  film with Emma Roberts and Josh Hutcherson whose teen relationship throughout the years,  including four proms, a funeral, and everything else till graduation day, will be the topic of the plot. Neil Patrick Harris is also having some nice moments in his private life as well: a few days ago he and his gay partner have become fathers of twin babies born from a surrogate mother.

And as you can see in the side-bar HOLLYWOOD SPY has hit the maximum four nominations in Dempsey's renowned MOVIE BLOG AWARDS competition, but in order for me to get into the final round you must vote for me in all four categories: best gossip blog, best gold movie blog, best design and sexiest male blogger :)) So, click on one of the badges in the sidebar or the above link and vote if you think I deserve those awards :)

24 comments:

  1. You definitely deserve the awards. I'm off to vote.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to NPH on his twins! Love him!
    I am wondering, how will they make Romeo and Juliet a longstanding TV series with their short life together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Masy
    thanks, Masy dearest :)

    @Kelly
    well, it says in the post - the show will also focus on the impetuous, incestuous, bloody and violent relationships during the Renaissance in Verona, so it will be a social drama not just the love story between just two people :)
    And I love NPH too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have learned so much from your post today:
    1) Congrats for the awards
    2) Romeo's got a massive weggie!
    3) Doogie's debuting as director!

    Good times.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure, I'll vote for you. And Romeo can't possibly be comfortable wearing those pants.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems R&J would work better in a Turdoresque setting--meaning Showtime or HBO. But bringing Shakespeare to more people? I'm for that.

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  7. very interesting! I'm a huge R&J fan (I know, snooze), but I'll be checkin this one out~ ;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, has ABC SEEN Twilight? Because... it wasn't the best direction I've seen. Sigh. I'd probably still give it a watch though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Romeo and Juliet TV series sounds like some definite overkill to me.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  10. That magnificent Roberto Bolle is one of God's masterpiece creations ... the closest thing to Michelangelo's David if ya ask me :) I don't know how I feel about a Twilight's director doing this though... I just hope she doesn't cast Taylor Lautner as Romeo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm surprised a Romeo and Juliet TV show has not already been made...

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Clarissa
    oh, I just knew you would notice the weggie :) But I know you've enjoyed the view :P

    @Stephen
    ah, Romeo's a flexible chap, he's used to wearing tights :)

    @Vics
    he is, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Michele
    it's true, but ABC might do it in some fresh new way which we haven't seen before?

    @LTM
    Oh, I'm sure you'll enjoy the show :)And I'll keep you posted on the casting

    @Kristin
    it's true, sister, Hardwicke isn't always the most talented of directors :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Arlee
    oh, Lee, where is your romantic spirit? :))

    @Flixy
    Good Lord, Flixy, I believe you and I are the only ones who know who Roberto Bolle is, and I feel kinda naughty about it :))))))

    @Amanda
    me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll be voting for you!
    And anything With Neil Patrick Harris ought to be worth checking out. I've loved that dude since the first Harold and Kumar.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those...are some pretty tight pants on Romeo

    ReplyDelete
  17. All right! I plugged the Best Design for you. (Sorry, not the sexiest guy. You look nothing like my Kate.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Andrew
    thanks :) Wait, why did you watch HAROLD AND KUMAR in the first place? :))))

    @Falen
    oh, everybody's staring at Romeo's behind and nobody has noticed Juliet's cleavage :))

    @Alex
    ah, and that's the only category I have a strange notion I'm gonna win :)))

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love NPH! He is freaking hilarious! I was stoked to hear that he had twins. He is the exact opposite of the character he plays in How I Met Your Mother it's funny. But I still can't wait to see him in his directorial debut.

    ReplyDelete
  20. it's true, and I have a feeling that he will be an amazing father to those twins!

    ReplyDelete
  21. DEZMOND - Look at you go!!! Four award nominations. Woot!!! Love that pic of NPH. He's sexy and silly at the same time. That's a tough one to pull off. I think he'll be great as a dad and a director. =D

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Lynda
    thanks, Lyndylove :)

    @Shells
    it's only because you lovely creatures have nominated silly little me :)
    I also think Neil will be both a great father and a great director :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.