Saturday, August 7, 2010

WARNER BROS. SECRETLY PREPARING "JUSTICE LEAGUE" MOVIE AND HAS THE LIST OF THE POSSIBLE SUPERHEROES IN IT

Since Marvel is planning to unite most of its superheroes in "The Avengers" movie which is to be directed by Joss Whedon, DC must strike back and Warner Bros. has allegedly given a tentative green light to the "Justice League" project. Not only that the project isn't dead but the studio is apparently already secretly searching for the possible actors. According to "Acesshowbiz" the basic plot has been outlined and there is already a list of DC superheroes who will be featured in the film: Green Lantern, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter are apparently in the line up for now, and Superman and Batman might make their way into the script as well.
Of course, "Justice League" movie will not happen any time soon, since DC will first release "Green Lantern" next year with Ryan Reynolds, and "The Flash" a year or two after that. Things might get complicated because there are also some rumors that "Green Lantern" already has two sequels planned for 2012 and 2013 if the first part earns good money. Hopefully, Wonder Woman will get her solo movie some day as well :)

12 comments:

  1. I seriously disbelief the studio is going to make a decision to greenlit a movie like this without more of the pieces in place and without a solid debut from Green Lantern and eventually The Flash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! wonder woman definitely needs a solo movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, for the right wonder woman, a solo movie is the way to go. wonder woman is too good a social and sexual symbol, seems to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only DC superhero I'm really a big fan of is Batman, not too huge on the others.I'll go and see Green Lantern cause it has Ryan Reynolds, but that's about it. Besides, they don't really need a Justice League film because they have already outdone all Marvel films with The Dark Knight. Nuff said :P

    -Bryan
    www.sff-hub.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. DEZMOND - Sounds like it's a long time out.

    I would love to see a Wonder Woman movie. Even though they had to dress her (or barely dress her) so they could get male viewers for the tv show. For the movie, I hope they make her much tougher. Still, she was my hero. Yay, a girl superhero!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jaccsy
    well, Jaccsy, as my post says - the movie doesn't have its date, and I said that they are waiting to see how LANTERN and FLASH will do in the cinemas :) As you know the preprepreproduction plans are made well well before the actual work starts.


    @Vics
    we all keep saying that, but Hollywood just doesn't listen

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ed
    many actresses would kill for that role :)

    @Bryan
    ah, and I'm totally opposite :) I never liked Marvel, but I like DC with the exception of the new Batman film which I can't stand. I adore Wonder Woman and The Flash, and the Green Lantern is also great.

    @Shells
    yes, yes, the costume, or the absence of the one, is of crucial importance here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martian Manhunter? That's a new one for me. It wasn't very popular , but I enjoyed The Flash TV show back in the 80s.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't neccisarily think that the more superheros the merrier is going to actually make quality movies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Arlee
    I also loved THE FLASH TV show when I was a kid, with John Wesley Ship and Amanda Pays

    @Cheeseboy
    yep, I said it myself at some point that I'm not sure how will this group super hero movies work, I would prefer solo movies for them. There was also an interview with X-MEN director who said that he thinks all of super hero movies will lose popularity thanks to the overproduction in the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  11. not gonna happen. Not anytime soon. Maybe 2015 or even later. Wonder Woman and Flash also won't be in theatres before 2013. There's really no point to go "hunting" for actors in 2010, or 2011, or 2012...
    At least Lucas said his Star Wars TV show won't be in production soon, or ever. :)
    Warner and DC should keep their "plans" to themselves. Maybe someone there believes in them. Because we don't.

    It's so different with Marvel movies and Marvel plans... :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes, yes, Bels you've never been on an optimistic side :)))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.