Sunday, May 2, 2010

BRANDON ROUTH AS DYLAN DOG IN "DEAD OF NIGHT"

Have you been a fan of Dylan Dog comic back in your childhood? Those comics were quite popular here in Europe, and this year we will have a new chance to see Dylan Dog at the big screen in "Dead of Night".
Based on the best-selling Italian comic book series "Dylan Dog", created by Tiziano Sclavi and sold in more than 56 million copies worldwide, "Dead of Night" stars Brandon Routh ("Superman Returns") as Dylan - a private investigator who is drawn into the world of the undead, but in the movie he will be seeking out the monsters of the Louisiana bayou in his signature red shirt, black jacket, and blue jeans. Brandon Routh will have the help of Taye Diggs and Sam Huntington in the cast. Even before its premiere, this movie faces a possible boycott since most fans believe that in this case a beloved European comic book could be turned into a bad Hollywood movie. What do you think? Up for it or not? And will it help you if I tell you the director is Kevin Munroe known only for his directorial work on "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" :)

12 comments:

  1. It's italian comic, very popular in our country :) It's about detective who investigates paranormal activities :) His butler and assistant is, no other, then Grucho Marx :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perin, I've expected you would be the first one to comment :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, as I was working in Sarajevo books fair the other day, I sold some Dylan Dog comics :) It was very fancy edition, hardcover and all :) I'm not into comics that much (I mean,european/american comics)but I like Dylan Dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do they sell books from Serbian publishers in Bosnia, as well? Or do you have your own publishing houses?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fans will always complain about something. Especially fans of dark, moody, antihero-type characters.

    I was never much of Dylan Dog fan. Martin Mystery (from the same publisher) had always been more to my taste. I liked him as character, and I liked his stories and themes so much more than Dylan Dog's.

    However, I am interested in this film.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also wasn't a fan. I mostly read FLASH GORDON and PRINCE VALIANT :) As you can see I've always shown a tendency towards a more romantic adventure and luxurious settings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the publisher for Dylan Dog comics is "System Comics" from Serbia :) So, yea, we sell them :) Besides, I was working for publisher house from Banja Luka, and there is'nt bosnian publisher in that city :P We consider ourself serbs :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, you basically import all Serbian books from Serbia? If that's the case than you probably have all my books there as well :) and I'm international hi hi hi hi ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Brian Routh AND Taye Diggs?! Someone's clearly trying to kill me with pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, we have them :) You were translating Wolfs Totem? Alnari? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Palindrome, I was waiting for someone to say that :))))

    Ahh, Perine, sinko, pa sam ja onda zaista internacionalna zvezda :)))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.