Sunday, March 14, 2010

RON PERLMAN IS CONAN'S DAD. SAID TAGHMAOUI AND STEPHEN LANG ALSO JOIN THE CAST

Hellboy meets Conan? Yes, yes, it's true. Since Mickey Rourke has bailed on them in order to star as king in "War of the Gods", the producers of "Conan" have decided that Jason Momoa's dad will be played by Ron Perlman. He will be the new Corin, Conan's father, a single parent and master thief. The new adaptation of the classic comic will start shooting later this month in Bulgaria. Directed by Marcus Nispel, the film will, as you know, have Rachel Nichols in the lead female role opposite Jason Momoa.
And the latest news is that Said Taghmaoui ("G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra")has also joined the cast. He will play a leader of thieves who is saved by Conan and later offers him aid. There is also Stephen Lang ("Avatar") who is going to be the villainous ruler in search of a queen. Her blood has the ability to bring life to the demonic minions of a long-lost god.

6 comments:

  1. Great choice!
    And we tend to forget the dude is a lot older than he looks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he must be, since I remember him acting as long as I remember myself :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. He turns 60 next month, Dez! Hope I look that good at his age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I'd look like Brad Pitt looks in his forties when I turn 40 one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice indeed! Rachel's addition would've been enough to make me want to see this movie though. But I'm not complaining. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep, and Necros, shooting takes place in nearby Bulgaria, so we could sneak into the sets and ask Rachel and Jason for autographs :)))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.