Sunday, March 21, 2010

HANK AZARIA IS GARGAMEL, KATY PERRY IS SMURFETTE

It seems that director Raja Gosnell is quickly forming his cast for the upcoming adaptation of "The Smurfs". After Neil Patrick Harris who will play a live-action character in the movie, the new addition to the cast is Hank Azaria who will be the charming villain Gargamel, and he will also appear in the film as a live action character. On the other hand the voice cast for the CGI generated Smurfs will include George Lopez, Katy Perry as Smurfette off course :), Alan Cumming as Gutsy Smurf, Jonathan Winters as Papa Smurf... I'm not sure how, but apparently the film will be set in New York City's Central Park. Production begins next month and "The Smurfs" will come out of their mushroom houses in August 2011.

4 comments:

  1. Dezz, I don't know if anyone would call Gargamel charming. :)) More like opposite...

    I'm glad Hank Azaria will lend his voice here. I'm not familiar with Katy Perry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Bels you didn't get it right - he's not lending his voice - Gargamel will be a live action character :)
    Katy Perry is a very annoying singer, she almost killed us last year with her obnoxious hit I KISSED A GIRL :)) she currently has a hit with Timbaland (although I must confess I like his new duo with Justin Timberlake more).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the part about live action role for Hank. Shame on me...
    But that's even better. He's gonna be great Gargamel, if the script is good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But Bels, I must admit my favourite character from our favourite childhood animated series wasn't Gargamel, but his charming cat Azrael :))))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.