Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"MOULIN ROUGE" IS OUR MOST ROMANTIC FILM. NEW POLL - "THEY HAVE IT ALL BOYS"

Love is in the air and our THE MOST ROMANTIC MOVIE poll is over after two weeks of voting and stunning 92 voters. As expected, the most romantic movie ever Buzz Luhrman's creative, seductive and deeply magical "Moulin Rouge" is the winner with 47% of your votes. It seems there are a lot of charming weirdos among you :) since 36% of you have voted for "The Corpse Bride". "Love Actually" took third place with just 7% of votes, and I shall never forgive you for not giving a single point to "The Fountain", you are very naughty.
To celebrate the two weeks of love and the victory of "Moulin Rouge" here are sensational Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman in one of the best romantic scenes in the history of cinema - the glorious ELEPHANT LOVE MEDLEY. Enjoy, sing, dance and love with us.


And our new poll begins right away. In the following two weeks HOLLYWOOD SPY will be choosing THE IT BOY or THEY HAVE IT ALL BOYS. Four guys have appeared in last few years and it seems they have it all: they are hip and popular, they are deadly attractive to women, they are cool to men, girls wanna date them, guys wanna hang out with them, they are dashing, charming, witty and humorous. They even have luck in their love lives managing to seduce Scarlett Johansson, Fergie, Jennifer Aniston, Renee Zellweger .... So our "it boys" are: Bradley Cooper (THE A-TEAM, THE HANGOVER, HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU), Gerard Butler (300, THE UGLY TRUTH, GAMER, P.S. I LOVE YOU, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA), Ryan Reynolds (WOLVERINE, THE PROPOSAL, GREEN LANTERN, DEADPOOL) and Josh Duhamel (WHEN IN ROME, TRANSFORMERS, LAS VEGAS).
Vote as much as you want in next two weeks ;)

12 comments:

  1. I must admit I didn't vote because I don't consider any of those films to be the "most romantic". Mine would be The Notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Answer. I would have put THE NOTEBOOK in the poll but I hadn't seen the film as I've told you over at your place :(

    My personal favourites were MOULIN ROUGE (a revolutionary film) and THE FOUNTAIN (I guess nobody saw that movie over at USA).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen The Fountain, just wasn't as impressed as so many other people seemed to be. Eventually I'll get around to posting my review of it, probably on a future Monday, and we can discuss that further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, sounds like I'm summoned for a court hearing :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah have to agree with the Answer, the notebook or possibly Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind would have been my pick. It's funny that Corpse Bride took 37%! of the votes lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dezmond - haha! Yea you better be there or I'll send someone over to pick you up and drag you in! ;)

    @Castor - yea The Corpse Bride getting that much is a little strange. If that's considered a romantic film where was Edward Scissorhands! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Note: I didn't vote for the Corpse Bride...I picked Moulin Rouge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Castor
    It's nice to hear that at least someone liked ETERNAL SUNSHINE :) I fell asleep after 20 minutes and even Kate Winslet didn't menage to wake me up.

    @Answer
    oh, I could imagine a whole list of celebs whom I would positively like to pick me up (in every meaning possible) :))

    @Alan
    you have a refined taste just like myself :PPP

    Yes, I really have no idea who voted for CORPSE BRIDE. I do think it's romantic in a weird way, showing how love is ready to go even to the underworld in order to win, and I did put it in the list to satisfy different tastes. It is possible that someone voted tens of times for it for some hidden reason. It has happened before, you all remember how Patrick Wilson, ultra talented actor, won one of our polls, because his USA fan club brought all their members to vote in HOLLYWOOD SPY for two weeks,constantly reminding them to fulfill their duty in their websites, blogs and even Facebook pages. He won in the end with hundreds of votes :) But he is talented, amazing and great and he did deserve the victory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Dezmond, you did not have any of my favorites listed. I like Tristan and Isolde, Titanic, and The Notebook. I think I am more of a tragic romance fan.
    But you had some good choices.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I won I won I won I won. You made my day. Thank you. :)

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, Chels, I knew you were into Satine and Christian :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yes. I cry every time. The music SOARS! Every second of this movie is perfection. Baz Luhrman is a genius.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.