Friday, February 12, 2010

COLIN FIRTH AND MATTHEW MCFAYDEN IN "THE PROMISED LAND"

Two of our dear British gentlemen, Colin Firth and Matthew McFayden will star together in an interesting new movie "The Promised Land". Directed by famous Michael Winterbottom, this will be a crime thriller set in British-ruled Palestine towards the end of World War II.
As a recent Academy Award nominee Colin Firth is under the spotlights these days thanks to his role in "A Single Man" while Matthew is playing the sheriff of Nottingham in the upcoming epic "Robin Hood" and will also star in the historical mini-series "The Pillars of the Earth" which we've mentioned before here in Hollywood Spy.

10 comments:

  1. McFayden was great in Spooks.

    Dezmond, I wanted to know I gave you another award. Come on over and check it out (it's in the second half of a too-long post).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two Mr. Darcys in a movie together?! That will cause like, a paradox in the space-time continuum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting and I am sure I will like it as I like most anything Colin Firth plays in....Great actor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news! Looking forward to that!
    What's better than Mr. Darcy? Right, two of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew this piece of news would have the same effect on you ladies like honey has on flies :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanx for the award, Lorel, I shall display it proudly down in my awards shelf :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot they were both Darcys, funny that. This is a must see. The part that most intrigues me is "British-ruled Palestine towards the end of World War II." I want to see how that is played. I hope they pick a stronger female lead than Ritchie did for 'Holmes.'

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chels, I reckon almost every other British actor has played Darcy at least once in his career :)))

    I agree with you in not liking Rachel McAdams too much, although I know a certain blog buddy here might come now and strike me down for saying that :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh Pillars of the Earth! Couldn't be bothered to read the book but I was intrigued, so now I can just watch it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait. I adore both of them!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.