Saturday, January 9, 2010

BLAKE LIVELY TO LIGHT UP RYAN REYNOLD'S "GREEN LANTERN"

Just a few days after the studio has officially gave the project a go, it seems that Ryan Reynolds has find a beauty to light up his "Green Lantern". Star of the "Gossip Girl" Blake Lively has impressed the studio and filmmakers with her audition, nabbing the lead female role in Warner Bros superhero movie. Blake will portray Carol Ferris, who runs her father's aerospace company and hires cocky test pilot Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds), who later becomes the intergalactic policeman Green Lantern. In the comics, the romance became complicated when an alien race bestowed her the power of a crystal called the Star Sapphire.
According to "The Hollywood Reporter" the casting process will next turn its eye to the roles of Dr. Hector Hammond, one of the key villains, and the alien known as Sinestro. The movie is out June 2011.

6 comments:

  1. eh... I would have rather seen Eva Green in the role (she was being considered) but probably better she's not, I imagine this will be a pretty corny film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I've never liked Eva much (I thought she was the weak link in DREAMERS and KINGDOM OF HEAVEN)but I do have the same feeling as you that GREEN LANTERN might be a cheesy movie :) I mean how can it not be with Ryan up there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Eva is great. I haven't seen the Dreamers but Kingdom of Heaven is one of my all-time favorites. She gives a really good performance in Franklyn as well, have you seen that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blake Lively is too young for the role of Carol Ferris. Just like Jessica Alba was too young for Invisible Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, it seems they tend to choose cold and under aged actresses for super heroine roles that require curvaceous ladylike vixens of mature charisma and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Answer
    Nope, I didn't like her in FRANKLYN either, but I share your opinion about KINGDOM OF HEAVEN being great despite the strange choice of the main actor and actress. For some reason, that epic worked for me after all.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.